You're Welcome: Welcome To De'Lores (15) | Jun

You're Welcome: Welcome To De'Lores (15) | Jun

A Chapter by Stasis

Emerging from my new housing, I'm introduced to a beautiful environment.


A small settlement consisting of very square cemented housing. The children are training with their mentors, and move their bodies in a way that mimics their. A marvellous display of water magic.


As my pupils reach from either side of my eyes, I take in all details of this town that has willingly kept me safe.


I spot a boy relaxing under a tree who, in turn, relays eye contact.


Taken aback by my presence, the stranger stumbles to his feet and shouts, "Khali, he's up!"


This kid was only a little older than me.


With a stature a few shades darker than the girl inside, he bears an age of maybe fourteen. His short but spiky pinkish hair keeps soft ends, reminiscent of who I assume is his sister.


This must be Prince Epherum.


A tall and coffee-toned noble with a... noble look on his face almost always.


Another kid leaps a fence on the other side of the path between them.


This one wears spiked-up carrot-coloured hair with ash-tinted tips. She dons a curvy poncho with a similar colour scheme, often tapped upon by the long hair on either side of her face. Just shy of Epherum in height with her skin lighter in some areas. She wears her scars proudly. I must have mistaken her for a boy when I awoke. Uh... the first time.


Khali had come running from some crops on the opposing side of the road, bothered by his lack of skill to cultivate. After leaping the fence, she passes her friend leaving the shade of the tree.


Khali approaches me with a flurry of questions.


"What happened to you? What happened to your village? What are you? Did you fall from the sky? Why are you not hurt? Are you hurt?"


Ala calls from inside as the two come closer. "Let him calm down. Wait for lunch."


I hear her continue in a quieter voice. "If that's okay with him."


"Hm," I smile.


Epherum joins us. "I'll show you around."


I follow his lead as he turns back to whence he came. "Just us, Khali. You've got some things to do, no?"


"Guh," she slinks into her shoulders. "Yeah, I guess."


Khali heads back to the garden with a disintegrated posture while the prince and I part ways.







"First off," Epherum starts, "I'd like to begin our walk with a question."


I glance over at him, gaining no look in return.


"I'd just like to know if I'm right," he looks over at me.


"Go ahead." I pop the cork of my bottle and take a swig, and place the cap in my pocket.


"I've been thinking since we found you," he begins. "You're a god, aren't you?"


I cough out my sip and feel my eyes bulge.


Impressed by Epherum's deduction, I hold my words.


The prince continues, "How else could a person survive that trail? They couldn't."


I regain my composure.


"That makes sense. I would have wondered the same thing."


Epherum cheers himself for having guessed correctly.


"We've been praying for you to finally help us. And now is a good time."


"I have a question of my own if you don't mind," I voice.


"Sure," Epherum utters. "Go ahead."


"You're a prince, aren't you?"


Epherum shoots a shocked look but tries to play it off. "My sister told you?"


"The oracle spilled the beans. Two cans."


The prince gives a great sigh, "That's Solomon for you." The two of us take a moment to chuckle as he does.


As I follow around the small town, Epherum makes gestures to our surroundings and lets them speak for themselves.


The school of magicians manipulating water. Statues, shops and fields.


With some area to speak, I announce my follow-up. "Which kingdom do you run?"


The Prince shelters himself behind his voice, shoulders raising forward.


"We should get back to the others."


He turns a corner and I follow.


"Ever since that storm, we've all been thrown off."


"Storm?" I raise a question. "You felt it too?"


Just how big was that thing...?


As far as the eye could see...


We cross over a bridge with a tranquil view of a large pond.


"After we found you, we spotted a few deities in the distance destroying anything in their path. They were relentless. Which is why I suspect you're not with them."


"A few of these deities don't seem to have any supernatural abilities but still hold enough strength to take towns for their own."


The prince clenches his teeth and balls his fists.








"Random accounts of destruction ever since you've been out."


I glare fearfully as he explains the state of the world.


"And what keeps us safe?" I ask, not expecting a rational answer.


"Water," Epherum outs. "The Water will protect us.


"Oh," I utter, still perplexed.


"Yep," Epherum sighs. "This is the world now. One big 'Oh'."








We come around the railing of a sloped walkway and arrive at a beach. This small town was only a distance of six blocks, built where white sand meets the clearest water I've ever seen.


Epherum interrupts the silence once more. "On a lighter note, the most this community has dealt with is limited to burglaries or accidents. We're like one big family."


I waddle, naturally irritated by the sand. However, this texture was anything but coarse, and anything but rough - but it still gets everywhere.


"Being part of this family, though unwillingly, we're going to count on you to keep us all safe if something ever breaks through. The reality of you being a god yourself will ensure a third line of defence for us."






| Author’s Notes |


~ Happenings ~

Epherum and Ala continue to go by Prince and Princess because there is still a chance Epherum’s eyes deceived him. He never told Ala what happened exactly but she feels it. Epherum refuses to believe. They’ve survived worse situations.

Khali has gone from an active hater of royalty to gardening for them. She’s of many talents.

Jun is to save De’Lores if Solomon should fail. Yeah. That's likely.



© 2023 Stasis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 28, 2023
Last Updated on July 8, 2023