Bipolar and Proud

Bipolar and Proud

A Poem by Leo
"

Bipolar is your lover or enemy. Hmm I figured to flirt with my lover and make amends with the enemy

"

Bipolar Warrior

 

Bipolar and proud

I say it out loud

A heart of Gold

Ready to unfold

 

Worship the almighty

Embrace his deity

Ignore the risky

Claim his bounty

 

Years of struggle

Heaps of trouble

Yet always humble

Soul remains durable

 

Dodged a bullet

Dodged a rocket

Jumped a fire

RIP Dr. Wayne Dyer

© 2020 Leo


Author's Note

Leo
Feedback from bipolar warriors is especially appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love that you own it vs it owning you.

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the positive energy that comes through in this poem , a very motivating write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Thank you Katrina for your time and review.
Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Well deserved, my pleasure.
My brain seem to function reasonably well but the rest of me has a number of bad flaws, which let me more appreciate the struggles that too many of us go through.
Good write

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your time and review and blessings to you.
I don't have such condition but I know it's never easy to have one. I admire your writing, very motivating!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read and review. Bblessed
inuSarah

4 Years Ago

You're welcome, sir.
I’m not a bipolar warrior, I’m afraid, but I am a sufferer of mental illness and I love the positivity of your message.

Having the proper attitude can make or break us at times. I mean, it can’t change reality, but it can help us face reality with a stronger sense of purpose and determination.

I think understanding a diagnosis and its long term realities is one of the healthiest ways of encountering it. And your poem, for me, demonstrates a self-awareness and strength that are admirable.

Great work on this bit of positive energy shared with the universe. All the best to you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Eilis for your comforting words and I wish you the same.
must confess, I am ignorant about bipolar mental disorder.... it seems though you are dealing with it the best you know how and that is a big part of the struggle.... I wish there was more public understanding of bipolar disorder, what causes it... there are lots of TV ads for different drugs to treat but hardly any information on where this disorder comes from... it's not curable so it must be very frustrating at times in dealing with the highs and lows, trying as you suggest to reach a more middle calm.... is it genetic?? or heretical? are there more cases than before or is it just that we are more aware of its presence??? it does seem that there have been an increase in mental disorders of various types over the past decade or so.... have they developed tests for early diagnosis??? or it something that develops as the brain develops??? I have type 2 diabetes and it has been very frustrating in dealing with this and no small part is that there are sooooooo many different and contradictory views on it.... it too is not curable and has a big part to do with heredity/genetic as well as a society with bad eating habits and the way food is grown and produced.... like I said I am very ignorant about bipolar disorder, but your poem does indicate and help people to understand more the affects on the individaul who suffers from this... thank you for this Leo and good to know you are standing up against it....

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughtful response. It is very commonly known in the US but not as much in Europ.. read more
Thank you for shedding light on this important condition and subject. You write with power, courage and honesty. It is a struggle indeed sir Leo...

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Indeed, it is a real struggle, and I would rather fight it with wit. Appreciate your time and positi.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! Good for you. You are welcome sir.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
I love my bipolar. It keeps me from being boring and bland. The bottomless pits and the bewildering peaks. Its me. I don't pray for it to be healed. That would be stupid.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

For me it's been 12 years since the diagnosis. Honestly it gets tiring. Recently learned that the hi.. read more
Wow awesomely powerful poem you must be proud of! It flows in enviable flow and rhythm. Someone close to me suffered a bipolar like disorder but with prayers he seems to have healed wirh no symptoms showing anymore most miraculously. I admire that you are bright enough to embrace the deity the source. Kudos!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

Appreciate the thoughtful review. Bipolar can be constructive or a disaster to the person and his fa.. read more
Some of the greatest creative geniuses in history had the diagnosis.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Leo

4 Years Ago

That is true. Although I wonder to my self what meds they were on. Because this thing needs meds and.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2020
Last Updated on February 7, 2020
Tags: #bipolar

Author

Leo
Leo

About
(Soul writer/ fellow/ DOB Aug 1982) I had the privilege to visit over 55 countries throughout my life and always eager to reflect or read another poet's work and leave a constructive feedback. .. more..

Writing
Transition Transition

A Poem by Leo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..