The Oldest Centurion

The Oldest Centurion

A Chapter by The Doctor

24 Ocotber 2010   2:28 p.m.
The Wolfe's Den

I swallow another pint and set the glass on the table, my left arm on the back of the booth with Elizabeth resting in front of it. Looking at my black Skelton Relic analog watch, 7:28. Laughing at a joke someone made, I open a telepathic link with Alexander.
"Give your keys to Kenneth, we have to go check Him out."
Alexander made eye contact, nodded and gave his keys away.
"Alexander and I have to make a trip into London. A few things to pick up for the house. We will meet you back at the cottage."
Everyone around the table nods and mutters agreement. We get up and get into my Aston Martin, starting the engine I pull out and speed to London.
"So how long have you been watching him for? I know we have been doing this for over 100 years, but how long have you been doing it alone?"
"Well, it's been about...760 years ago. In November of 1251, both my brother and I were turned. That year I spent hunting him down. I wanted to prevent whatever it was he could do, and after a very long year of no sleep, little food, and almost a mental break down, I got him."
"How did you do it?" Alexander looking and listening.
"Well, it wasn't easy. I had to trap him, coax him in. Someone played as bait for me, after I studied his feeding habits and schedule. At the right time my pack and I jumped out and pinned him. I came from behind and opened his throat, draining him dry. Once that was done we put him in the marble coffin you've come to know. One of my pack members was a black smith, he fashioned the massive silver nut and bolts that hold the cover shut."
I drift around a corner, changing gears as need to get back up to speed.
"And that's where he has been ever since, later on the architect for Big Ben was in my pack and we fitted a secret room for him and updated the security systems as a new top of the line came out."
"It's hard to imagine that you've been doing this for so long," Akexander's head shakes back and forth slightly.
"Dedication, my young one, lots of dedication to a greater good."
"Which is why you are our High Lycan."
"No," my jaw squeezes and I wince slightly, "I am not sure why I have been High Lycan for 200 plus years, but I'm not curious as to why they chose me, I will serve the position as best as I can."
Alexander and I rode in silence as we drove on to Big Ben. Once we arrived into London I parked across the street at a cafe. Looking both ways, we sprinted through the traffic and into the alley behind the clock tower. My hand slides on the wall, locating the pressure switch to open the hidden door, quickly we shuffle in. I prick my thumb with my index finger, extending my nail to a point, once there was a bubble of blood, I pressed my thumb on the blood sensor to open the ten inch, steel door. This opened way into a large and tall room, right in the center is the marble coffin. 
I look above and around the base of the tower, finding no signs of entry or escape. Getting closer to the coffin I examine the exterior, making sure that all is set and perfect, no tampering of any kind. 
"If anything is to happen to me, Alexander, this will be your duty," I look up at him, making eye contact, "You are my Beta male, you will need to do this, look for the things I have taught you. This is the most important part of being the Alpha of my pack, this is at the top of your list."
"Understood, High Lycan," was his response.
After my checks were done, I rest my hand on the lid of the coffin, "Good night brother."
On our way out I check to make sure all the doors lock properly and in order before heading back to the cottage.

The Cottage  3:37 p.m.

As the cottage comes into view, I see all of my pack playing around outside in the nice, warm sun. All sorts of ball games were being played as the women sat and talked. So, after parking, Alexander and I joined them. I took my spot up under the apple tree in the yard and closed my eyes for a nap.

1775 February

I was walking through the woods in the night, snow was about two feet deep. I was on my way home after a town meeting. It was colder than hell, I pulled my regimental tight over my torso as I strode against the wind.

SNAP!

I turn around at the noise, the wind blowing the scent of a vampire into my nostrils. Standing still I look around, trying to find the origin of the scent. Eyes scanning the trees, my vision cutting through the shadows to locate any thing. But I could not find....sniff...Her, whoever she be. So I continue on, quickening my pace to return to my pack. As I advance on the two floor home, my eyes begin to water...
I don't have to enter the house to know, but I go in anyways...The floor and walls are smeared with blood..and my pack lay motionless...Piled on top of each other as if they were slaughtered upon entrance. Just left here....Left for me to see...Her scent all over my home...All over them...She even fed on them...

Present

"AGHH!"

I sit up, breathing heavy as I look around. Sweat dripping off my face, hands shaking as I look around. Elizabeth was kneeling next to me, stroking head.

"It's okay, shhh. It's okay Amergin," she coos.
"I..I...." I take a deep breath, eyes closed and exhale through my nose. "Hmm....I'm okay now.." my voice shaky. "I'm okay. I just had a huh....I had a memory, that was all.."
I stand up and run my hands over my face, walking away from Elizabeth and into the house. In the kitchen I turn on the kettle, reaching into the cabinet I pull out a mug with a forest scene painted on it. Within the pottery jar, I take out my tea bag and fill it with the tea leaves within the jar. The tea is a mixture of apples, pineapple and tea leaves. 
Patiently I stand, leaning against the counter and I remember. I remember those dark days...I remember all my years...


© 2013 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor