Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Her

Her

A Chapter by The Doctor

23 October 2010     5:47 P.M.
England Country Side

Crisp, autumn air hugs close to my fur. The cool temperature giving my goose bumps as I speed through the forest. Trees and shrubbery all a blur as I continue deeper in the dawn atmosphere. Leaves crunching softly under our paws, jumping over fallen trees and large rocks in our way. After a while we come to a wide-ish stream, small bits of ice floating on the top. I lean down for a drink, lapping a few mouthfuls of cold water. The water feeling like frozen daggers on my throat, moving to my stomach, sending the same coolness throughout my body.
"Alpha," my head echos.
I turn around to answer the telepathic message from my second in command, Elizabeth.
"Yes, Elizabeth," I answer calmly.
"When will we hear an update?" her voice a little eager.
"When everyone comes in closer you will. Remember, you need patients my dear. Eagerness invites mistakes and problems. Did we not learn last time?"
The violet, autumn red, and forest green wolf lowered her head, gazing to the right. I smile with a nod and look back up in the direction I came from, embracing a light, brisk breeze across my face. Awaiting the arrival of the rest of my pack, and not too much later they did. All going to fill up from the stream, moistening their mouths from the run.
"Once you are finished please gather 'round so I can brief you on the latest."
After a few moments my pack is gathered in a circle, attention on me.
"They have begun to collect. Several communities have come together and have contacted each other, any of us who has over heard or intercepted anyone has gone missing. We assume they have been killed since there has been no word and no telepathic link can be established for communication or location purposes.
"Our plan is to keep an eye out still, watch their moves and see what plan maybe taking shape. We have also noticed a lot of witches coming together, camping out in large groups with other enemies. Such as controlled bogarts and rouge lycanthropes. It seems to be collecting into a big mess. One that sends me and the other council members on edge. We will conduct our decisions based on what happens further. We will conduct ourselves the same. Understood?"
"Yes, alpha," everyone speaks in unison. 
"Good," I nod. "Well I think we deserve a night to ourselves. Recent training has been tough and long so I give you a night of leave. Make sure you do eat and take care. No risky attempts where humans will see you. Got it?"
"Relax Amergin, we know. We have heard this before."
"And it is my duty to keep reminding you, Elizabeth," I look at her, a stern look showing my disapproval in the challenge of my authority.
She looks away and runs off with Alexander; forest green, maroon, and navy blue fur. It is not that I like control, my authority is to ensure our safety, having it challenged by a pack member who understands why I repeat myself irks me, especially coming from my second in command.
         Everyone disperses into their own directions with their own plans. I wait a few more moment before moving back to my car several kilometers away. My mind taking in the different scents surrounding the woods- rabbits, stags, squirrels, and many other small critters. The pine trees mixed in with the smell of decaying oak, maple, aspen wood. Giving a buffet of smells that calm the senses, bring one to inner peace and serenity. Out here one can think so clearly without interruption; concentrating on the sounds and smells keeps the mind an emotions at peace.
         Before I know it I am looking at the front of my car, a silver 2008 Aston Martin Vantage. Resting under the foliage, staying out of the curious eyes of strangers and unwanted human eyes. I look around the area to confirm there is no one around, satisfied I move back to the front of the car and close my eyes.
         Changing is hard to explain but simple to lycans. We simply think about changing and it happens; I picture myself as a human. My back snaps first, muscle tremors rippling through my body. My hind leg kicks out with a snap and pop, shaking as the paws stretch into white feet, fur receding to expose tan skin. The left leg follows suit; my rib cage snapping and stretching outward, allowing my spin to fix itself into place. Opening my mouth for a howl, my head snaps up and back, my muzzle pressing back into a human face. Ears shrink, fur disappears from my body, moving down my arms, front paws being replaced with palms and fingers. My head twist and snaps to the side as my throat changes my howl to the scream of a man. I stop yelling and face the ground again, body coated in sweat as my body still shakes a little.
         After a few moments I stand up and walk to the driver side door, finding my clothes still neatly folded on the seat, shoes on the floor. I pick up the boxer briefs and slide them on, followed by my blue jeans and black V cut shirt. I catch my reflection in the rear view and see my hair is a mess. I use my right hand and push the smooth locks up. Now our hair is like our fur, my hair could be identified as black with red and silver that some describe as highlights. For as long as I remember our race has been trying to discover why we have exotic colors for fur, I have come to the conclusion that it is simply to show our mystification as a supernatural creature. Our eyes carry the same pattern, the pupil stays black or whatever color is the base, with the iris as another color, mind being red, and the third color is a thin ring around the iris that humans do not have, mine being silver. Again we believe this is because of our classification as a mystical creature.
        I go into the console between the seats I pull out my Motorola Razar and address book. Opening up to the back I find the number for my book agent. I flip open the phone and dial the number, then I press send and put the phone up to my ear.
       "Hello, Maximus."
       "Hey Maximus, it's Amergin Odysseus. Was wondering if you got the latest installment."
       "Yes I did. Very good. Another best seller I see. It has that combination of war with the mystical touch of those wolves again. I strongly believe the previous publisher will take this new project up, seeing how the first was a success."
       Harold Maximus is a rich man, full of himself and not afraid to pay off anyone to get his wants. Thin, built man, always dressed in the most expensive suit you can find. Health nut and always gives to charity when a pay check comes in. Not a man I usually talk with or mingle with, but he honestly got my books published with efficiency that carried a good deal.
        "Good. Please keep me updated Harold. Much appreciated."
        "Any time Amergin."
        I hang up and toss the phone into the passenger seat with the book, shoes and toss them on the passenger floor. Taking my keys from the glove box I slide them into the ignition and close the door with the turn of my wrist, bringing the car to life with a low rumble. Putting the car into first gear I pull out of the tree, hidden clearing and onto the paved road. Pressing the gas down to fulfill my need for speed. The faster I go the more free I feel, gliding around corners and on straight sections with ease and control. No worry or fear as my surroundings blur and mesh together.
       My mind thinking about the vampires and their plan. Having so many species of the dark come together like that is unusual. There has never been such a mass of their own species come together in any group. My worry is that they will try and revive him, wanting to change and make the world a place for all dark and malevolent creatures to do as they please. A reality I have fought for many centuries against, trying to protect humans as they have evolved and spread across the planet. After all I use to be one so long ago, born in the Kingdom of Britain in the year of the king in 1221. About 790 years ago... It's times like this I feel I have been alive way too long. But everyday of my life is so clear and picture perfect since the day I died, 25 November 1251. I was thirty years old... So young at the time...
       I pull into the cobblestone driveway, veering to the right to park in the left door of the garage. Picking up my cell, I get out with my cell and enter the side entrance of the stone cottage. I toss my keys into my pocket, moving around the cooking island to the fridge, pulling out a bottle of cold beer. I pop the cap off on the counter and take a swig, tossing the cap into the sink. As I lower the bottle my cell rings with a vibrate. Reaching in I pull it out and answer it.
       "Amergin."
       "Alpha, it's Elizabeth. Want to have dinner at Brasil's?"
       "Sure. Meet you there in about," I look down at my Swiss Army Dive Master 500 Alexander, my second male in command, gave me. "twenty minutes."
        "See you then."
        I hang up and go back out to the car with my beer, sitting in the driver seat I tie my black and white, ankle cut Converses before starting up and leaving our home. About twenty minutes later I arrive at the restaurant, finding Elizabeth standing at the entrance. I smile and continue forward, greeting her with the same smile and a hug before entering. As we come to the opening to the seating, we are greeted by a host, one I know well, Ernest; silver, cranberry, and white colors.
"Good evening High Alpha, welcome. The usual seats?" he smiles, pulling out two menus from below the podium.
"Please, that would be wonderful, Ernest. And have Brasil come and see me. Old goat as avoided me the past two times," I smirk as we follow Ernest.
"Will do sir."
The title High Alpha refers to my position as the leader of our race. The council members installed me several hundred years ago and no one has seen any reason to replace me. I feel I have been in power too long, I do not mind the job. I do not let it go to my head with my ability to abuse power, I leave it up to the members to decide. I only push the finale decision through with my signature.
Elizabeth and I sit down across from each other at a couple's table. I have the host bring back a bottle of black label whiskey. Odd for a women to drink whiskey? Not in our species, many females prefer it and enjoy it. We have a high liquor tolerance, we can finish the bottle together and start to feel a slight buzz.
"So, why spend your free night with me?" I ask, sipping from my glass.
"Why not? It's been a while since it has just been me and you. We don't talk as much as we use to," her eyes drop to the contents of her glass.
"I know. This gathering thing has had all of us in a tight cluster as a council. We have been working day and night to find out what is going on."
"I know Amergin, and it;s not that I blame you or anything, I was simply stating something... What is the news on the blood suckers anyways?"
"We're not sure," I take another sip," our spies still have found nothing. I keep telling the leader of Africa to better place them, but she continues to do her own thing. European clusters keep moving, so there is no way to place a spy amongst them anytime soon. So it is the waiting game for the moment. It's sadly the only thing we can do for a while." I take another sip and lean back in my chair.
"Well it's a start. Better than no clue at all."
"Very true, but again, I can't get anyone to listen on what I need them to do. I mean you elect me for my leadership, my advice and wisdom that I have accumulated for centuries, and when you ask you do as you please anyways. But I will let them see what happens. When they lose enough spies and want to listen, I will be happy to oblige them."
She nods and takes another sip as well. I open the menu and browse for something that sounds good. My eyes catch a stag steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli. With my decision I set my menu down and lean back with my scotch. Gazing around at the other wolves and allied vampires, residing in their seats, drinking their poison of choice. I open my mind and let their thoughts flow into my head. Letting my eyes close as I concentrate on the vampires, hoping to hear of something, but I come up empty handed. Ten minutes of this I get bored, open my eyes and catch Brasil walking over to me.
"Hello High Alpha, always a pleasure to be granted with your presence," he smiles.
"You smart a*s you," I stand up and greet him with a hug.
 Brasil and I have gone back since WWII, he was my second in command of a small operations squad that took out small tele-communication outposts. 
"Well I would love to chat Amergin, but I have cooking to do. I'll take your orders if you wish."
 I give him my order, Elizabeth orders a salmon with a baked potato and some green beans. He shakes my hand and leaves toward the kitchen. Within the next hour we have our meal and finish the bottle of whiskey. After I pay we decide to race to our running area, burn off some energy and enjoy the rest of the half moon's light.
When we arrive I get out and strip down to my boxers, my eyes glance to Elizabeth's bare back, tall and sleek, smooth as porcelain. Her muscles flexing as she bends over to remove more clothes, her buttock slightly revealing itself.
 Elizabeth and I have not had a relationship, I know she desperately wants one, but I do not see it as a good idea. We have been together for a long time and she is my second in command. Too much would happen and all I can see is a mess for the both of us.
I look away and remove my boxers, I step in front of the Aston and glance around for visitors. Finding none I give Elizabeth a thumbs up. Cracking my neck I drop to a push up position and change, my screams of pain turning into a howl of harmony. Looking over I find Elizabeth changed and ready.
"Race ya,"I grin and start off at a full pelt into the woods, her light pit and patter of her paws following behind.
After a good handful of meters I stop in my tracks, my nose picking up a scent. A vampire's... Elizabeth stops next to me, immediately entering a defensive stance with a growl. A noise to our left sends our nose in its origin, my teeth now bared with a rattling growl starting in my chest. And out of the foliage walks a wolf... a perfect white wolf... beauty and elegance all in one...


© 2013 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing. Im intregged. some spelling and grammar errors. but all in all wonderful. continue.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on October 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2013


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor