~I~

~I~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye

~The Boy From The Moon~

 

 

~ Written By: Alicia Skye ~

                       


~ For Ronan ~







One stormy night, a little boy named John couldn’t sleep, he couldn’t see the moon outside his window, hidden behind all the rain. He called out for his Mum to tell him a story, to help him sleep.

“ Have you heard the story of the Man on the Moon? You can see his face sometimes, watching over everything.” The little boy’s mother asked.

The little boy nodded and said,
“I can’t get to sleep, I can’t say goodnight to the Man on the Moon.”

“Well how about the Boy from the Moon?”

“Who’s that?” asked the little boy.

The little boy’s mother tucked her son into bed and told him the story about the boy from the moon.


~~~

“Once upon a time, a little boy, around the same age as you, lived on the moon. He was all alone up there. He was in charge of making sure The Moon rise and set, and controlled the tides.
He loved being around all those stars and would often tell them stories about his adventures of circling Earth, because the stars lived so far away.  One night a star told him to visit Earth.

 ‘You should visit! Oh the fun you’ll have!’
‘It would be a lot of fun, I am very lonely up here all by myself.’

The boy asked the star how he could get there. She told him that he would have to wait until it was day time on one half of the planet so he and the moon wouldn’t be seen, and once the moon was close enough, to jump down onto a storm cloud and slide down to land.

‘Thankyou Star! I’ll come back with some more stories to tell you and your friends.’ Said the little boy, excited for a new adventure.

 

~~~




© 2011 Alicia_Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the beginning of this is adorable - I like how the little boy didn't want to go to sleep because he couldn't say goodnight to the moon. It shows how innocent and sweet children are, and how they hold their own set of superstitions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2011
Last Updated on February 12, 2011


Author

Alicia_Skye
Alicia_Skye

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
I hate these things, feels like I'm analysing myself. I have my own views and opinions. I love the deep and meaningful, gravitate towards the dark, the strange and the weird. more..

Writing
The Night The Night

A Story by Alicia_Skye


~II~ ~II~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye