~V~

~V~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye

So The Little Boy began digging out the face on the surface of The Moon with his meteor shovel, it took a very very long time and once one eye was finished, five years had passed.

Once the second eye was finished, another five years had passed.

Once the nose was finished, another five years had gone by.

And by the time the sad smile was completed, five years was over.

The Little Boy wasn’t little anymore, he was a young man.
Star still visited him each night and the timer still worked but needed fixing every now and then.

“What will you do now?” Star asked.

“Go back to Earth of course, that’s why the smile is sad. I will miss my home, but I’ve missed someone ever since I left.”

“Who, Boy?”

“A little girl I met all those years ago, I made her a promise to get The Moon back up in the sky. I wonder if she remembers…”

“Sounds like you need to go and find her, Boy.”

“I don’t know how I’ll get back down though. I’ve been thinking for all these years…” The Boy was cut off by Star.

“So have I, I know exactly how you’ll get back.”

“How?”

“I have been alive for a very long time, I have seen many beautiful things but you may have noticed my light is fading, it is time for me to finish as a star, and one way I can finish is by crashing to Earth. I can give you a ride back to Earth on my way out, if you like.”

The Boy had noticed Star starting to lose her light and decided it was the best way to get back to Earth and spend the last moments of Star’s life as a Star with her.

He agreed, they waited until the half of Earth he had visited many moons ago was night time then he and Star shot out off into the sky, heading towards Earth faster than The Boy had ever seen Star travel before.


~~~



© 2011 Alicia_Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on February 12, 2011
Last Updated on February 12, 2011


Author

Alicia_Skye
Alicia_Skye

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
I hate these things, feels like I'm analysing myself. I have my own views and opinions. I love the deep and meaningful, gravitate towards the dark, the strange and the weird. more..

Writing
The Night The Night

A Story by Alicia_Skye


~I~ ~I~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye