~IV~

~IV~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye

Back on The Moon, The Little Boy rose high above Earth and over to the half that was night.
On her way through Star noticed The Little Boy was back.


“Boy! What are you doing back so soon?”

“I left the Moon where I had jumped down onto Storm Cloud, she didn’t have anyone to watch over Earth with. I ran into a Little Girl who was sad, her friends were sad too, that they couldn’t see the Moon.”

“Oh dear, so what will you do?”

“I’ll build something..something that everyone can see when I’m not here.”

“Something?”

“A face! I’ll build a face on The Moon, so when they look up, they won’t be lonely. And I’ll build a timer so  The Moon knows when to rise and when to set and when to keep an eye on the tides.”

“Alright, what do you need?”

“Something to dig into this hard surface…” The Little Boy thought for awhile, making a list with Star. “A meteor shovel? Some star dust? Maybe some sun flares too.”

“I’ll see what I can do Boy, you start planning it out, I’ll be back as soon as I can.”


With that, Star shot off across the sky, collecting everything The Little Boy needed to make his face and timer.


~~~


The Little Boy began plotting out where he would dig the face into the moon, with the help of his moon rocks.
Just as he was about finished when Star returned and dropped off a meteor shovel, a bag full of star dust and a jar full of sun flares.


“Where will you start, Boy?” Star asked.

“The timer, while I dig the face we can test the timer out and see if it works.”


The Little Boy grabbed the one remaining moon rock he had, put a hole in the middle and carved the moon cycle into it with the meteor shovel.
On the other side he carved the tidal charts to coincide with the moon cycle.
He opened the jar of sun flares, grabbed one and threaded it through the hole, the timer started ticking instantly.  He set it in the hole he had dug beside one of the plotted out eyes.


Star knew this would be a long job to finish and told The Little Boy she’d check on him every night and see how he was doing, it would give him a break and they could fly over Earth.

~~~



© 2011 Alicia_Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on February 12, 2011
Last Updated on February 12, 2011


Author

Alicia_Skye
Alicia_Skye

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
I hate these things, feels like I'm analysing myself. I have my own views and opinions. I love the deep and meaningful, gravitate towards the dark, the strange and the weird. more..

Writing
The Night The Night

A Story by Alicia_Skye


~I~ ~I~

A Chapter by Alicia_Skye