You can't lose me

You can't lose me

A Chapter by Talia
"

Gracie shows her wild side embracing her skinwalker talents as well as her wizard ones

"

You Can’t Lose Me

 

 

 

“Stay right there sexy.” She said seductively as she sauntered away swaying her hips. “ I got this.” Calling back over her shoulder as she disappeared around the corner of the warehouse building. Catcalls followed her and her man remained a little entranced seeing his lady do her thing.

“Ah ha!” She yelped with glee finding the spot she searched for away from prying eyes. She quickly stripped out of her clothing, left with only a furry bracelet and her gold toe ring on. Shaking she took a moment to collect herself, her calm cool persona gone and she was a little scared to do this. Get a hold of yourself Gracie. Suck it up woman. No sissies here! Her mental pep talk. She closed her eyes, took one last deep calming breath and thought of her coyote. The air began to grow thick with magic, shimmering and filling her with a warm calming sensation. Then she laid on the ground waiting for the air to fill normal again. When she finally opened her eyes again her now furry and elongated head rested on her paws (hands) and she almost yipped for joy. She rose shaking and stretching her new body to get the kinks out all the way to her tail. She stopped for a moment to look at herself in the unbroken window. She was a small coyote, closer to a big pup than a full adult, with a thin coat of brown with some black and gray peppered in. Pretty damn good. She thought and she snuffed and shook her head. Then remembering herself she turned and grabbed her clothing in her mouth and slipped in the open window. She crept forward on the cold concrete floor setting her bundle down so she could breathe in deeply. Yep abandoned she thought but did a quick round the warehouse making sure and locating the front door and light switches. She came back to her clothes satisfied and settled in to change back. A couple minutes later naked and cold she lay on the concrete floor refocusing. She picked up her clothing and she noticed that she ripped her skirt and thong a little cause of her teeth. Shoot, shoes? Outside still she thought. She reached back through the open window for her shoes and got fully dressed and then scurried back to the front door.

“Come in” She announced dramatically as she threw open the door and tossed her hair back seductively. She turned and disappeared in to the dark of the main room letting the others follow in her wake. Her man, Chad shook his head in disbelief. She did it, he thought amazed as he followed her. And quick too. No one else has been able to break in here. My baby’s good. Proud he took a couple of long quick steps and caught up to her sliding his hands on her hips to pull him in to her tight. “You’re amazing” he murmured in to her ear as he kissed her neck. “You’ll have to show me how you did that sometime.” She giggled and shrugged “Maybe if you’re a really good boy.”

They continued to talk as the room filled with the other kids and the party started. Someone brought beer, ok a lot of someone’s, and then someone hooked up the music and the party was banging. Soon they had their beer, in red Dixie cups of course, and they were dancing close and sensually with each other, not really noticing anyone else. The night passed quickly as Gracie loses her self in the music and cheap beer. Her cup stays full and she keeps moving and that’s the way she wants to keep it. This week had sucked and things needed to change. It’s Friday the first day of the weekend, time to change it. Everything was off this week and the only person she wanted to talk to about it was her sister Talia, but she couldn’t tell her everything, not just yet anyways. Besides Talia who was a senior about to graduate, wasn’t coming this weekend anyways. She had some function with her church she had to attend for the graduates. She would be here all summer but Gracie wanted her now! She knew she was being unfair but she didn’t care. She just wanted to escape. So she drank the cheap beer and a few shots here and there, and kept her body moving to forget it all.

Hours later she awoke in Hanford Community hooked up to an IV with Talia holding her hand. Her parents had just stepped out to talk to the Doctor.

“What the F**K is wrong with you?” Talia almost screamed at her when she saw she was awake. “Sister where were your friends? How could they let this happen to you? What about your man?” She said with disgust. “Doesn’t he give a s**t about you?” Tears where rolling down her face as tried to control her voice and emotions rage and fear and relief. “I kept calling and calling like 50 times at least I left you message after message, texted you, no reply. I told mom she’s not answering something is wrong, I’m going. She didn’t believe me I think until I got in the car and started driving. What the F**K is wrong with you huh? You ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!! F*****g Alcohol Poisoning!” Talia finally broke down in a massive sob unable to control herself any longer. She crawled into the bed careful of the IV and pulled Gracie to her tight, holding her until she stopped crying. “You trying to lose me sis? I wont let you!” A grave promise she whispered weakly through haggard breaths as she calmed down.

Gracie held her sister tighter, she had the worst hangover ever, then the words sunk in like a stone in a well hitting the bottom hard. I almost died, she thought her whole body starting to shake. The night came back in pieces and she watched herself drink and drink and dance with Chad. Wait Chad, Where is he? She thought he loved her yet only her family were here.

“He followed us here.” Talia said reading her mind. “He wanted bring you but was hella drunk and I wouldn’t let him. I got there just as you started to seize and packed you into my car and brought you, calling your mom on the way. He tried to help, but I was so pissed at him that I coulda beat the s**t out of him for letting you get like this. He’ll have a sore jaw tomorrow.” She laughed “Anyways, he couldn’t drive and I wouldn’t let him ride so Nick who was just coming as we were leaving and still sober gave him a ride. They stayed here and I played nice until your mother got here, a holy terror that woman, she went off on him and almost hit him herself. They left then, smart boy, your mom went in to mafia mode. She went off on every nurse, doctor, some patients and even me until she knew you were safe and on your way to recovery. But he came back a while later and texted me, saying that he brought you a little something and asked me to come get it so he didn’t disturb the family more. So I did cause I knew you would want me to. So this” She said turning to grab a bag from La Fiesta and hand it over. “is from him. ‘Hospital food sucks.’ he says what a charmer that one. “ she laughed and grabbed a small gift bag “this is to say I’m sorry, he says” She looked at me quizzically with one eyebrow up, she had peaked.

Gracie set aside the food for a minute and opened up the gift bag. As she pulled out what was inside she started to giggle as she realized what it was. It was a wolf pup with its hands over its eyes hiding. In its arms was tucked a note Can’t wait. 2 C U. He would try and sneak to see her again soon she knew.

“And your mom made me leave for a bit too so I went and got us coffee at Starbucks. My normal Venti Java chip frap no whip for me and a Venti 5-pump vanilla latte for you with ice on the side, in case you were still asleep.” She held up the ice questionly and when Gracie nodded she added the coffee. Giggling she handed Gracie her cup “your mom will probably kill me for this but I know you want the caffeine about now.”

“Thanks sis,” Gracie murmured as she inhaled the aroma of her favorite coffee before taking a sip. “I just wish we were strolling in the mall or at Target with these rather than in this hospital bed.” They both giggled.

“No more hospitals.” They toasted.

When she was released around 11am on Saturday they all headed home to Riverdale. The girls disappeared into Gracie’s room. Talia was there so often she had all kinds of backup things there including a drawer full of clothes, a phone charger, closet space and toiletries. So the girls showered and changed into jammies and settled in to their normal routine, though in the middle of the afternoon. Gracie settled in her bed and Talia in the trundle, or her bed, pulled up close as to make one huge bed like when they were younger.

“Don’t scare me like that again ok sister?” Talia whispered as she fell asleep.

Gracie looked at her sleeping friend, taking in what had happened that day, and knew she was blessed. Talia had driven 2 hours to check on her on a hunch. I wonder if she is an empath? Maybe even a telepath? Gracie mused I wish my parents would awaken her so we could share everything. Summer is almost here and she’ll be here almost the whole time. It would be so much easier if I didn’t have to hide. And then next year she will be so much closer cause of college. Great! Gracie sighed. But she will be busy, will she even want her little sister around? Gracie thought doubtfully.

At that very moment as if reading her mind Talia spoke in her sleep “Sister, Always want you around.” Then she turned over and got comfortable again.

Gracie smiled. Then she heard a tap on the window it was 2pm she checked like the note had said. So it was Chad. Gracie smiled even more. She went and unlatched her window and sat on the window seat as Chad climbed in. He snuck in the window and then grabbed her tight to himself for a while. Then she pushed him away and looked him over. He was a good ol’ country boy, a little on the short side (not much over her 5’2) looked good in his white t and wranglers. His face was handsome; blue eyes, and blond hair that he wore short strong jaw that was now marred by what would be a large purple bruise on the left side of his face and some stubble. He had sobered up and showered probably slept a bit too. She reached up to touch the developing bruise softly and as he winced she smiled.

“You think that’s funny? She hits harder than most of the guys that I know” He growled

“Yes I do” She said matter-of-factly, “She warned you. Now you know what she expects of you. She my be sister, but she’s a mother by nature. And you promised her that you would keep me safe. She wants me safe, trusted you to keep me that way. You failed, I almost died. You were almost really broken good thing I was so bad off.” Gracie shrugged this was life to her just how it was, but in a good way. Then she snuggled up to him. “Thank you for the food it was great and the pup loved it.” she kissed him on the cheek.

They sat in the window seat for a while just holding each other. The clock in the hall struck 4 and Chad sighed. “I should get going before my parents get back. Yours called and told them about what happened last night. Not good.” Gracie nodded. “I should get some sleep anyways.” She wrinkled her nose and stood unhappily. They kissed and hugged once more and he snuck back out the window and left. She latched the window, closed the curtain and got into her bed. Settling in with the familiar sounds of Talia’s breathing and the house noises she fell asleep. When she woke up at 6 the next morning Talia’s bed was already made and put away. All of her things put away in the right places and she was sitting with a cup of coffee and a book in the window seat relaxing it was both of the girls favorite spot in the room. She looked around and there was a coffee set up on her nightstand. The large coffee carafe from the kitchen, a thermos of milk, a pitcher of ice water, a sugar bowl, and an extra coffee cup and a large cup of ice water with a straw and some aspirin. She smiled as she grabbed the water and the aspirin first .Talia knew her well. Gracie studied her friend as she swallowed. Yes she was truly blessed.

“Mornin sleepy head” Talia called softly. ”how ya feelin?”

Gracie sat up in bed and drank some more water, “Well, bout like death warmed over I guess.” she laughed. Talia shook her head as she came over to refill her coffee. As she fixed hers she made a second cup for Gracie, like always. “This is the worst hangover I have ever had.” Gracie said as she traded water for coffee. Talia refilled the water and set it next to Gracie before she grabbed her cup and sat down on the bed. “So what the hell sis, what happened?” Talia was not one for small talk.

Gracie shrugged “This week just sucked, school, Chad, everything went wrong and I just wanted to lose myself.” she paused sipping the coffee.” I just kept my cup full did a few shots here and there and kept dancing all night.” she shook her head “The next thing I now I woke up in the hospital with you screamin’ at me and an IV in my arm. I don’t know anything else.” She shrugged drinking more coffee.

“Sis,” Talia started hesitantly, not good, “When I got there your clothes were torn and even your thong was ripped,” she grimaced, “They took a rape kit while you were unconscious. Your mom knows.” She paused, “Did you two have sex last night?” Talia hated this part but she wanted to be there for her friend no matter what.

“As far as I know we haven’t had sex yet.” Gracie started sadly, “I think I remember tearing my skirt and even my thong when I broke in.” cause of my teeth she thought wearily. This was going to be a long day when Talia had to go. “You didn’t hear the results?” She said hopefully.

Talia shook her head sadly. “No they did it on my coffee run and didn’t say anything to me directly. I overheard the nurses saying something though on my way back in, but couldn’t exactly ask your mom you know?”

“Ya.” Gracie said “See told you mom is mafia scary.” They laughed.

“Total mob boss” Talia agreed. They both started giggling.

The girls spent the rest of the morning together chatting and relaxing. Then Talia’s phone started ringing. “Crap its my mom.” She stepped away. “Mornin mom” she pulled the phone away from her ear listening to the screeching from the other end “I told you I was going to check on Gracie” nodding “Yes mom I should have.” sighing “Well please give my apologies” eyes rolling, “Mom, you haven’t even asked about Gracie.” “She almost died. I got there in time last night to take her to the hospital” pause “Alcohol poisoning” Talia rubbed her head and clenched her jaw “Mother she is just as much family as anyone and she needed me” deep breath “No I will not come right now. I’ll be there in time ready to go for the party though.” she let out a heavy sigh “Fine Mother when I’m sure she’s fine I will come as soon as I can. Not right this second though.” And click as the phone slid shut ending the conversation with her mother. Talia forcibly let out a sigh and silenced the call back from her furious mother knowing she would pay for it later. “Mom said hi, and that she hopes your doing well.” She lied weakly. They both laughed knowingly.

“Ok Mz. Black sheep,” chuckled Talia, “I think I better head back. Tonight is that stupid party at church for all us grads. Ugh I don’t even care if I go.” She whined. “But at least Brian is coming.” She blushed and smiled they had been friends since she started THS and now having gone on two official wonderful dates she was really falling fast for him.

“Ooo” Gracie teased “Talia’s got a boyfriend.”

“Hopefully” Talia laughingly agreed. “He’s going to Fresno State next year too, so if all goes well we’ll be close.”

“That’s good” Gracie agreed wanting nothing more than her friend to be happy.

Talia grabbed her purse and things getting ready to go. “So is there any chance I left anything here that would be “suitable“ for this party? Preferably a dress? Mom says all my dresses are ‘unsuitable’ and she bought one for me but you know her taste?” Both girls made a face and laughed. “I have the perfect one for you,” Gracie said. “its in the closet on the right, black micro fiber with the v neck and asymmetrical skirt.”

As Talia opened the closet she looked for the black dress it was in plastic and there was a big red bow on it along with a note she knew she had to read at home (their tradition). It was her graduation gift there were shoes too. She grabbed it and shook her head as she came back out of the closet, “thank you sister.” But Gracie shook her head and pointed back to the closet “Umm you know you have to try it on.” Talia laughed and turned around back in to the closet, not for privacy they were beyond that, but for dramatics of the reveal. She quickly got the dress on it fit perfectly. Hugging all the right curves making a awkward teenage body a smoking success. It was modest but emphasized her toned legs and booty, even more so when she put those perfect-fit heels on. Then she released her hair from the bun it had been in and let it fall tousling it just a little to emphasize the slight curl.

When she walked out Gracie’s mouth about hit the floor and Talia said spinning for full impact “Does this make my butt look big?” both girls laughed knowing she was damn proud of her big butt. “It’s perfect sister.” Walking over to give Gracie a hug. “I knew it would be good but Jean Claude Van Damn I’m good”

Talia started to change back into her other clothes, “Thanks so much sister, I just wish you could come with me.” Talia pouted.

“You know that they won’t let me go especially now.” Gracie chided.

“I know, I know.” Talia bent down to hug her, “Ok I’m out sister, you feel better.”

“Bye sister.” Gracie called as she left.

Gracie took another sip of her coffee as she heard Talia’s Jeep fire up and music start to blare as she pulled away. A smile crept across Gracie’s face as she thought of her driving down the road dancing to the music and having fun. That warm smile quickly melted as she heard 2 sets of footsteps heading towards her door. The scolding that Talia had given her would be nothing compared to what Lee and Raphael would dish out.

Gracie braced herself for a beating or a long lecture or some combination of the two, but it never came. Lee and Raphael came in and started to talk to her, but Lee was eerily quiet with red rimmed eyes and her breath coming in ragged spurts. Raphael was holding her up it seemed and looked on the verge of tears himself.

“We almost lost you,” Lee started the words barely louder than a whisper, “It looks like Talia’s gift is strong even without the power, without her we very well might have lost you.” Lee paused and sat down on the chair next to her. Her whole body shaking as she looked at Gracie “Why? Why did you try and kill your self?”

Gracie felt numb as though she had just been slapped, “Kill myself? I never wanted that. I just...”

Lee silenced her with a look “Did I ask you to talk?” Lee snapped “You break into one of our family buildings, throw a party where alcohol and drugs are all around. You get so drunk you almost die. And you risked exposure by changing at the party. The police thought you had been raped, your teeth tore your clothes again didn’t they? But it’s nice to know your still a virgin even though you are running around acting like a s**t with that boy at the party.” Lee paused taking a deep breath to steady herself.

“I am not a s**t nor do I act like one” Gracie blurted out indignantly. “Yes I changed but I was carefu...” Gracie reeled as Lee slapped her across her face.

Holding her hand to herself Lee‘s voice dropped to a somber whisper, “Do you realize you almost died? What are we supposed to do with you now?”

Raphael took a deep breath in, “We considered various options. Everything from sending you away to binding your powers temporarily to keeping Talia from coming to see you this summer. But none of them seemed quite right. We want you close by so we can monitor you. You have to keep your cell on you at all times and can only go to approved places, we’ll know if your lying by the GPS chip. You get no allowance for the rest of the summer, and no credit cards. If you want money you are going to have to earn it, Talia has already made plans to work with Mark this summer and you could too. You have to continue practicing your magic, but only on our property the only exception is for emergencies.

If you ignore any of these conditions for any reason you will be confined by any means necessary to the house for the rest of the summer.

Gracie remained silent but nodded, her parents got up to leave. Lee pulled her close hugging her fiercely and sobbing for a few minutes. Then she pulled herself together and left tears on her cheeks and head held up proudly. Raphael just followed not even able to bear bringing himself to look at Gracie as he left.

Gracie sat on her bed pulling her knees to her chest and placed her head on them. At that moment everything that had happened in the last two days hit her and she lost it sobbing so hard it shook her small frame to the core. Soon she was tired with her eyes puffy and red dry of tears and snot running down her face. She was still shaking as she reached for some tissues to clean herself up.

She didn’t know how she would talk herself out of this one or even if she should try. At least they hadn’t stopped Talia from coming this summer, and they hadn’t barred her from going to her graduation either (or the party after) so that was good. Hopefully they would relax and let the girls have some fun this summer. Gracie put down her cup of coffee and snuggled back under the blankets, her whole being was exhausted and soon she succumbed to the soft warmth of her bed.

 



© 2009 Talia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 19, 2009


Author

Talia
Talia

Bakersfield , CA



About
I'm a new writer, but I have always loved stories and imagination. From the time I was a little girl I have been working them out with my Daddy! Yet only recently have succumbed to the nudges from hi.. more..

Writing
Ch 2 Suprises Ch 2 Suprises

A Chapter by Talia