Dream On

Dream On

A Chapter by Trée
"

Trev's dock story continued in a dream.

"

"Are you Trevor?" the voice called though the slicing rain. Bravo neighing at moor.

"Trev." His letters as leaves on the wind.

"What?"

"Trev. My name is Trev."

"Well, Trev," said the voice, poking him in the side, "if you aim to mount this ride . . ."


Em stood as stone, head back, eyes red, pooling, supplicating like a forsaken angel. Crimson tears rolled like little beads of mercury, escaping over the curve of her trembling rims. Her arms hung down, elbows locked like ostrich knees, palms turned outward, buffered from her waist in disbelief.

Pinky fluttered about, eyes soundlessly clicking.


"Hey Trev, where you going?" called Rog. "Trev?" Gone. The door to Em's quarters open. Rog peeked in. "Em?" Words swallowed in the silence as light into a black hole.

Turning the corner Trev ran into Goldie, her arm poking him in the side. "Ouch."


"Hey you, sleepyhead. That didn't hurt." Em poked Trev again. "You gonna sleep all morning?"

"What?"

"You were having some sort of strange dream."

Trev rubbed his eyes, sheets like curtains on his waist. "Really?"

"Yeah, really," said Em, kissing his cheek, her hands massaging his shoulders.

"Wow." Trev shook his head as if to avoid contact.

"Who is Stacie?"



© 2008 Trée


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

These things don't happen by chance, though it may seem that way, it's something quite different. I want to use genius again, but it's better than that, it's natural. A threesome, memory, dream and wakefulness, intertwining like the northern lights and about as awesome to behold. Simple, overused and under appreciated ;-), to my mind it is the highest of compliments, the most desirable of qualities in almost all things, other words that can be substituted are flowing and natural and as should be, and that is what one feels reading your chapters, this is what they have in common when style and character and mood and situation shift, when limits are pushed and fantasy is rife, simple still covers them, rightness, realness, excellence. Very nicely put together as dream mingles with memory and the morning in descent. The clamouring telling something of his current state of mind and how still he is trying to pull it all together. Smiles induced at memory of that first meeting between Rog and Trev, nostalgic in a manner, two characters who not much further down the line will be kin, Rog being completely Rog not trying and not capable of being anything but. Start to finish, very, very nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 5, 2008

Decadent Tranquility

Ripe

By Trée

Need

By Trée

Coin

By Trée


Author

Trée
Trée

Franklin, TN



About
When I was in college I was told I should not consider a career in writing. For the next 20 years I wrote nothing. About three years ago, I discovered blogging and fractals. I started posting fractals.. more..

Writing
657. Quotes: 8 657. Quotes: 8

A Poem by Trée