AUTUMN WITHOUT YOU

AUTUMN WITHOUT YOU

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

a time of year when you miss the one you loved the most a collaboration with LKBILLIPS

"
Cool mornings. Breezy afternoons. Cold and chilly nights. The color soaked leaves remind me of your eyes. Amber with flecks of green and gold woven throughout. Bare branches, cloudy skies and the smell of bond fires linger in my mind. Memories of the past... I miss you.
You have begun to fade from my life like the warm parchment of your love letters I cling to. The sun barely warms my aching skin. Nothing can replace your nearness. The warmth of your breath and the heat of your skin. Gone...
My soul begs to be released to join yours wherever that may be. This life is torture without you. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. When the fall breeze tussles my hair, I think of you. The thought of us in the past tense makes me cry. If God can hear my prayers, let me join you before I see another sunset...

Falling leaves, grey skies and the smell of wood in the fireplace. All the signs of the autumn season, our favorite time of year. Now, memories of the past. Love lasts forever, but life is only temporary.
I passed away old and fragile and left you alone. Now pieces of my soul are connected to all living things. Plants and trees. Insects and birds. I'm even part of the sun that shines upon you. But nothing can replace being at your side.Holding your hand or touching your face.
Be patient my love. I can hear your prayers. Do not wish for godspeed for us to be together before its time. Enjoy this life by the minute.By the hour.By the day.
When the autumn wind becomes harsh, think of me. The thought of us will keep you warm and I will be with you... Always.

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I had the wonderful fortune to collaborate with a very talented writer LK Billips. She wrote half and i wrote the other half and I hope we put something together very meaningful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your contribution was priceless

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to say, I was a little confused at first. At the part, "I passed away old and fragile and left you alone," it finally all came together and made me fall in love with this story. I'm thinking these two lovers grew old together and talking about Autumn being their favorite season. Overall, this is so hopeful and beautifully written. Your collaboration is so mindful. You guys are amazing writers!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It was great working with you too KC! I think it turned out quite nicely indeed. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is so so sweet and fresh and sad, autumn is my favorite season, it makes a lot of people sad tho, very talented writing, I love that it's the guy then the girl talking to him even though he can't hear her

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breathtaking. Bravo, KC. Great job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say, I was a little confused at first. At the part, "I passed away old and fragile and left you alone," it finally all came together and made me fall in love with this story. I'm thinking these two lovers grew old together and talking about Autumn being their favorite season. Overall, this is so hopeful and beautifully written. Your collaboration is so mindful. You guys are amazing writers!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

722 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 24, 2018
Last Updated on September 24, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..