1.

1.

A Chapter by Kristen

iPod Shuffle Challenge Rules:

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.

2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.

Write a ficlet related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over.

Song: Seventy Times 7 - Brand New

“Okay, whatever. Bye.” Draco walked away, shaking his head. Hermione stood behind him now, books clutched to her chest and her eyebrows furrowed. Grade school hadn’t prepared her for the stupidity of boys. They really should have though, because she needed that knowledge more than anything at this point. She wouldn’t apologize nor expect an apology. Everyone knew what was going on between them and it was neither of their fault. She just wished Draco would realize that.

“I can’t let you let me down again.” He had said. Tears had filled Hermione’s eyes as he walked away once again. 

“You’re a coward! You have no spine, no guts!” she yelled after him. She had thrown her books on the floor before screaming. “Is that what you call getting away?! I’ve seen more courage in eleven year old kids, you blonde prat!”

She wouldn’t apologize. For Christ sakes, they were best friends and they loved each other.

Song: Boston - Augustana (This one was actually really difficult lol)

Hermione sat in the park, soaking in the warm London sun. She had a book open in her lap but she wasn’t reading. Her thoughts had enveloped her and she had burst into random tears at her thoughts. She was alone, and no one actually knew her anymore. She had left behind her Golden Trio fame when she left the Wizarding World. She looked over at the garden, her breathing calming down slightly and she stood.

“Granger?” a male voice said. Hermione turned around to no one other than Draco Malfoy dressed in a green t-shirt and khaki shorts. He looked so much like a Muggle and she smirked at him. “Care to take a walk?” She contemplated with herself for awhile and finally nodded. He stepped forward and grabbed her wrist. He Apparated them away to a city Hermione did not recognize.

“Welcome to Boston, Granger.” Hermione smiled at him for the first time and he wiped her face of stray makeup and tears. “It’s my escape from England. I forget I’m a wizard and restart my life.” Hermione looked up at him with her hazel eyes and sighed.

Song: Merry Happy - Kate Nash

Hermione and Draco sat at opposite ends of the bar. She could see him doing shots of Firewhiskey from where she was and she chuckled. Their breakup had not been clean and they weren’t on good terms. But them being in the light of the press a lot, they were forced to play nice. And they’d have an occasional rumored scandal with each other. She had heard rumors along the lines of him never loving her throughout their five year relationship, and he had heard something about her planning to breakup with him for two years. It was a mess but neither of them felt like dealing with each other. 

They used to sit in restaurants and go to clubs as a couple and they had had fun. Eventually, Hermione had realized that Draco made her very happy but he was becoming uninterested, and when she confronted him about it, he vanished for months. 

She didn’t need him, nor did he need her. It wasn’t in Hermione’s personality to be conceited, but she honestly thought Draco was below her at this point in time. He had been talking negatively about her and she didn’t care for it.

Song: Remembering Sunday - All Time Low

Draco sat in front of a grave, his jeans now dirty at the knees and he reminisced on his past weekend.

It could have been me, he thought. Tears started to form in his eyes and he sniffled. 

“I’m sorry, Granger.” He whispered, leaning forward and kissing the headstone. It was cold and he sobbed even more. He had searched for her for hours that day. They had had breakfast together. They had made love the night before that, for the first and last time ever. It was on an impulse and a ‘why not’ type of moment. The last time he had seen her, her hair was slightly puffed out like a lion. Like a Gryffindor, he had reminded himself. She wore a pair of sandals with a pair of khaki shorts and a floral top. She had also worn his sweater on her shoulders and she smelled of his cologne.

She had been murdered by a Muggle and Draco felt his hate for them grow after he had found out. He cried at the thought of it and now showed his weakness in front of her grave.



© 2011 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011
Tags: dramione


Author

Kristen
Kristen

Middlebury, IN



About
Ohai. x) I'm Kristen. I'm in high school. I like Harry Potter, obviously. Proud Slytherin right here. I have an obsession with Dramione and Drarry. But I'll basically read any pairing. :) more..

Writing
Mhmm. Mhmm.

A Story by Kristen


Yeah. Yeah.

A Story by Kristen