4.

4.

A Chapter by Kristen

iPod Shuffle Challenge Rules:

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.

2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.

Write a ficlet related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over.

 

Song: Rather Be With You - Vanessa Hudgens

Hermione and Ginny stood chatting to each other, drinks in hand. Out of the corner of her eye, Hermione saw a tall, thin blonde swaggering toward them. She turned to him as he spoke.

"So, my friend over there says he'd like to dance with you. He's a little shy though." He motioned to a thin brunette about ten feet behind him. He waved awkwardly at them. Hermione looked at the blonde with confusion and distate.

"Honestly? I'd rather be with you. And I know you're trying to be a good friend. And I know you'd rather be with me than my friend over here. Now be honest with your friend." The blonde looked at her in shock. "You heard me. Go."

The blonde opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself and walked back to his friend. The look on both their faces was interesting to watch. It was a mixture of rejection and excitement.

 

Song: Breakeven - The Script

Draco's eyes welled up as he walked away from Hermione. He wiped his face and sighed.

"I'm sorry." He heard her say. He shook his head and waved without looking at her. What was he supposed to do? She was always the best part of him and he knew she was okay with breaking his heart. He knew bad things happened for a reason, but that was only to bad people. Was this his karma coming back to him after all the years he'd been a bigot to her? He didn't think it was likely, but anything was possibly anymore.

He was falling to peices and he didn't know what to do. He was still alive, and barely breathing. Just praying to a God he didn't believe in. She was free, he was in pain. He took the blame for her faults. He had left an broken and empty man. He knew when a heart broke, it wasn't pretty. He didn't know what to say when he was all choked up and she was okay. It just didn't make sense.

 

Song: All Around Me - Flyleaf

"Draco?" Hermione mumbled to the darkness. She couldn't hear or see him, but felt his presence. Her arms slightly outstretched, she let out a sob. She still wasn't used to the fact that he was gone. She hadn't accepted that she was still alive and he wasn't. His presence was still with her and many times it seemed to tell her to join him.

Hermione sat against Draco's grave, slightly whimpering and rubbing her hands together for warmth. This was her thinking spot anymore. She was holding onto every feeling toward Draco she could. She wouldn't let her memories of him fade. She wouldn't let the darkness win. "I'm still alive." She whispered, closing her eyes. "You said you would never leave me and I believed you." She sobbed even harder and layed down next to the grave.

 

Song: Light - Next to Normal

Draco and Hermione looked at the ruins of Hogwarts behind them. All their childhood memories went away with the destruction, and they both now smiled at each other.

"Granger." He greeted, holding out his hand. She shook it and he pulled her into a hug. They embraced for a long time, and Draco finally led her to the remains of the Great Hall. Hogwarts students and alumni all sat, looking tired but accomplished. The Dark side was gone. Ron and Harry looked up at them, slightly shocked but also relieved.

Everyone saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone needed to find their way. They knew that even the darkest skies were able to see the sun. When they opened up their eyes, they'd fight that fight. The future looked bright and new to them. They just needed some light. And they knew that there would be light. They just needed to let it shine.



© 2012 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on December 16, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2012


Author

Kristen
Kristen

Middlebury, IN



About
Ohai. x) I'm Kristen. I'm in high school. I like Harry Potter, obviously. Proud Slytherin right here. I have an obsession with Dramione and Drarry. But I'll basically read any pairing. :) more..

Writing
Mhmm. Mhmm.

A Story by Kristen


Yeah. Yeah.

A Story by Kristen