3.

3.

A Chapter by Kristen

iPod Shuffle Challenge Rules:

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.

2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.

Write a ficlet related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over.

 

Song: Three Cheers for Five Years - Mayday Parade

          Draco stood at his living room window, watching Hermione Granger walk off into the winter's day. She looked around once, and apparated away. He sighed at her, irritated. She was incredibly fake to him.

"How does he feel, Hermione? How does he kiss?" He shouted at her. Tears filled her eyes as he rambled. "How does he taste? Is he better than me?" He badgered her with questions until she was weeping in front of him.

He hoped she knew how much he was dying. He hated to end it, but he had to. Her swinger-style of dating was unacceptable in his family. They believed you shouldn't act single if you're going to be in a relationship. It wasn't right, as wrong as his family was about everything else. It was too late to go back now, but he was lonely already. Every night, another dream wasted on her. She already knew what he was going to say to her when he sat her down in the living room. Their anniversary had been awful and full of angry tears at each other. He hoped she slept alone tonight with no one there by her side so she knew how alone he had felt all those nights in their relationship. He hadn't asked for much from her. Just love. He wouldn't forget her, as much as he wanted to. He wanted to want her, but her attitude was undesireable anymore. It was just digusting and he was finished.

 

Song: You Are So Last Summer - Taking Back Sunday

          "You're really nothing special. Boys like you are dime a dozen, Draco." She sighed to herself at her desk. He sat across from her, looking at her in disbelief at what she was saying. She didn't even look up at her work and continued, "You're a bit overrated and a flake. I hate it. I don't see what girls find in you that's so incredibly intoxicating."

"I don't mean to be rude, Ms. Granger but you are being a tad bit harsh."

"Doesn't feel good does it? Maybe you should think about that before you let more awful things happen to good people." Her eyes flickered to the 'Mudblood' scar on her pale arm. It was very faint but clearly visible to anyone who looked for more than a second. He swallowed hard as she stared at him. Yes, she was his boss now, but that gave her no right to blame him for the things his family had done to her. "You and me in contact is just bad news. For everyone."

"If I'm just bad news, then you're a liar."

"I should hate you for this. But I'll settle for making your work life a living hell." She snapped and waved her hand as a gesture for him to leave. He did and sighed as he stepped out.

 

Song: Soco Amaretto Lime - Brand New

The group of friends all leaned on the abandoned overpass. Harry was passed out with Ginny on the roof of their car, both sleeping soundly as the rest of them stood awake. They would walk around town like they owned it and would run through the streets at night screaming at the top of their lungs. Hermione passed the wine bottle to Ron who took a quick swig and they both laughed as a small amount dribbled down his chin. Draco smiled at them both and he loosened the tie around his neck. They all felt the need to stay eighteen forever so they could stay the way they were. They all wanted to travel together and be as free as butterflies.They never missed parties, or any chances to be wreckless teenagers. They didn't listen to anyone about anything because it had all been done and said. Parents were just jealous because they were all young and in love. Adults were this mess of phobias and sadness. They would spend their nights drinking themselves to sleep so they could forget that their teen years were over. But they didn't matter to the group. Hermione sighed.

They were the coolest kids and they took what they could get.

 

Song: Arms - Christina Perri

Hermione entwined her fingers with Draco and leaned on his shoulder. She felt him relax slightly and smiled. He was still getting used to the public displays of affection.

At the start of the relationship, Hermione was sheepish and bashful. She didn't want anyone to know about them. But everytime he would hug her, she would become the happiest person in the world. She knew he could see passed her walls and she trusted him to catch her when she fell. She also knew that he wouldn't let her go. It was an incredibly good feeling to know she wasn't the only one interested.

He'd put his arms around her and she was home.

 

Song: The Call - Regina Spektor

Hermione sat in Malfoy Manor with Malek. He played with his blocks on the floor, and her eyes welled up at her incredible son. He'd never met his dad, but that was neither of their faults. Draco was off at war and he'd ordered Hermione to stay home. This was the only time she'd let him be the boss.

Just because everything was changing didn't mean things hadn't been that way before. Wars had come and gone, and Hermione sat at home. She'd told Draco to pick a star on the dark horizon and to follow the light. There was no need to say goodbye. He'd come back when it was over.

Just because her friends didn't feel the feeling of having a love at war too didn't mean they'd forget. They let memories grow stronger, with or without Draco. But it was a matter of time before they called him and he'd be home. There was no need to say goodbye.



© 2011 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 20, 2011


Author

Kristen
Kristen

Middlebury, IN



About
Ohai. x) I'm Kristen. I'm in high school. I like Harry Potter, obviously. Proud Slytherin right here. I have an obsession with Dramione and Drarry. But I'll basically read any pairing. :) more..

Writing
Mhmm. Mhmm.

A Story by Kristen


Yeah. Yeah.

A Story by Kristen