Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jessi

CHAPTER 3

Alicia woke up slowly and was surprised to find the smell of bacon floating into her room. She then remember her guest and jumped to her feet, she rushed out of her room still in her night clothes as she ran to the kitchen.

“Good morning Alicia, I hope I did not wake you.”

“Andrea…why are you cooking?”

“Well you didn’t eat your food last night, and I felt bad because that was my fault, so I decided to make breakfast,” Andrea said and looked at Alicia. She then chuckled. “Goodness girl get some clothes on.”

Alicia looked down at her clothing and almost blushed. Her shorts and tank top were not made for company, she turned and rushed to her room to get dressed. After dressing and pulling her hair back into a braid, Alicia walked back into the kitchen. “Better?” she asked and watched as Andrea chuckled.

Alicia sighed. “Listen…about last night. I’m sorry. All of this is just so much…I know magic is real, yes my mom hid it, but I would catch her playing around sometimes.” Alicia smiled.

Andrea walked over to Alicia and hugged her tightly. “I will always be here for you okay? I will help you control your powers while you make the best of them.”

Alicia nodded and hugged her back. “Now how long until that bacon is done?” she asked laughing.

Andrea pushed Alicia away playfully and went back to the bacon.

Alicia started to pour two glasses of orange juice and noticed Andrea watching her. “What?”

“Nothing at all,” Andrea smiled. “just the fact that you are so much like your mother. She always drank orange juice in the morning.”

Alicia laughed as she sipped her juice.

Andrea went back to the bacon and finished cooking it. A few minutes later she put to plates of bacon on the table.

“Smells great!” Alicia smiled as she took a piece and bit into it. “Tastes great too,” she said and took another bite.

Andrea laughed and then continued to glance at Alicia as she ate. The girl was going to be a fast learner, she could tell that already, but she was also going to be a handful.

Alicia looked up at Andrea and caught her glance. “What?” she asked.

“Nothing,” Andrea smiled. “I just didn’t realize how much you truly looked like your mom.”

Alicia looked down at her food. “You knew her well?”
“Well enough to know she was stubborn enough to face down any threat, strong enough to beat every threat, and sweet enough to take care of anyone that needed a hand.”

Alicia smiled. “That was my mother all right.”

The two finished breakfast in silence, as both girl’s thoughts were on Samantha.



© 2014 Jessi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014


Author

Jessi
Jessi

Granite Falls, NC



About
I have officially graduated from college, but now since I work non-stop, I never have time to write, but I still try to make time, and am going to stop avoiding this site. I write a lot of paranormal.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Jessi