Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Jessi

CHAPTER 8

Samantha? You used Samantha…” Lucas shook his head. “You are just like her,” he smiled. “Good, you will need that.” He wrapped his arm her shoulders. They walked inside slowly, and Lucas couldn’t help but wonder how strong the girl really was. He pulled on her arm and she turned to face him. “Show me your strength.”

She watched him for a moment, saying nothing as she processed what he said. “My strength? As in my magic,” she stated and he nodded. She hesitated, knowing that she has to show her magic, but worrying that she wont be able to control it.

“Look at me. You will be able to control it,” Lucas spoke softly, startling Alicia.

“You’re a mind reader now?” she asked sarcastically and he laughed. “Not quite,” he said and smiled. “Now show me.”

She took a deep breathe and raised her hand slowly, she watched the surprised look on Lucas’s face as he lifted into the air, and with a flick of her wrist he flew to the other end of the hallway. He slowly stood, still looking at her surprised. “Well…I can’t say I expected to be thrown that far.”

She let out a nervous chuckle and shrugged. “Well you said to show you.”

“That you did,” he smiled and walked to her. “But while you have the strength, these vampires wont sit still while you get ready to throw them.”

Alicia nodded slowly as they walked to the now empty great hall.

“Guess they knew you were going to need some work,” Lucas chuckled, and then grinned over at Alicia. “You will need to learn how to fight as well, so we will start with that.” With that he grabbed her arm and jerked her to him, holding her close with his arm around her throat. “Now do what you would if someone grabbed you like this,” he said softly into her ear.

She fought back a shiver and took her elbow, slamming it back as hard as she could. She felt his head tilt back slightly but then he just laughed. “Against a human that would have been a wonderful hit, but remember vampires are stronger than that. Try again.”

She took a deep breathe and quickly moved her hands to his arm, she jerked his arm while dropping in dead weight and he flew over her landing a few feet in front of her. She watched as he stood and grinned. “Not bad, but remember you may get them away from you, but they move quickly.” As though to emphasize his words, he stood in front of her as soon as she blinked. “Never take your eyes off of them. They are tricky, so watch out.” He grinned as she fought to hide a yawn. “I know you are tired Alicia, I would know even if you hadn’t yawned.”

She glanced at him, wondering how he could know that. He sighed and she cocked her head to the side. “Your mother put a mark on both of us, so that I could always find you.” He pulled his shirt collar away and Alicia gasped at the heart shaped tattoo on his collar bone. Her hand flew up to her own collar bone where she knew she had the matching tattoo. “She connected us? My mother connected us.” She sighed and turned away from him. “Great, I’m connected to a vampire.”

“Look Alicia, as soon as these vampires are taken care of, I’ll find a way to break the connection.”

Alicia nodded slowly and turned to face him. “Good, then let’s hurry and end this.”

“You need to get some sleep.”

“And you need to stop telling me what I need,” Alicia muttered, trying to hide another yawn.

He chuckled and pointed towards the hallway with the bedrooms. Rolling her eyes she walked towards the room that she had woken up in. As she walked she felt his eyes on her back, but she refused to turn and face him. He smiled while watching her walk off, but then wondered where he would be sleeping. He couldn’t stay in this room, the windows were too big and would let in too much light. While it wouldn’t kill him, with the big fight coming soon he couldn’t let himself become weak.

“Lucas, this way please,” a young woman’s voice called from the other side of the room. “Kay asked me to take you to your room.”

“And you are?” he asked cautiously.

“Dawn,” she smiled. “Now please. You have nothing to worry from me.”

He nodded slowly and follows her, unable to keep from watching the way she seemed to flow across the floor. “Are you walking?” he asked, glancing up at her, hoping to catch her eyes.

She laughed softly. “Sorry, it’s a bad habit to just flow across the floor.”

He nodded and watched as she stopped at a door and pushed it open. “This is your room. There are no windows, so you wont have to worry about the sunlight. Kay will be here later tomorrow to speak with you about Alicia, until then I ask that you not leave this room.”

He nodded slowly and watched her leave the room. A young but powerful witch. She will be a valuable addition to the team. Shutting the door, he looked around the room. Small, but what else would be expected from the coven of witches. He sat on the bed, worried about it withstanding his weight, but he shrugged and laid down on it.

Alicia paced the floor in her room, yes she felt exhausted but her mind would not allow her to rest. Her mother…Kay…Andrea…and now Lucas. Warlocks and witches. She knew she had never been normal…but this was getting out of control. She sighed and sat on her bed. Would the vampires try to attack while she was here? She slowly lifted her hand and concentrated on fire, recalling how her mother had done it, and slowly fire came to her fingertips. She gasped and jerked her hand back and the fire quickly disappeared. She took a deep breath to calm herself and then tried again, this time the fire was bigger and brighter, and at first she worried she would be burned by it. When she realized she wouldn’t be burned she slowly concentrated on making it move around the room. She smiled when she realized she had complete control of it, but then she wondered if that was the only element she had complete control over. She let the fire go out and then tried to do the same with water. At first she managed to make it do as she wanted but then the water seemed to evaporate.

She sighed and sat back on her bed. Well at least I have fire, she said to herself and then chuckled, realizing that having the power of fire must have been why she loved fire so much. And why she never got burnt now that she truly thought about it. She laid back on the bed and soon was able to drift into a comfortable sleep.



© 2014 Jessi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014


Author

Jessi
Jessi

Granite Falls, NC



About
I have officially graduated from college, but now since I work non-stop, I never have time to write, but I still try to make time, and am going to stop avoiding this site. I write a lot of paranormal.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jessi