Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Jessi

CHAPTER 10

Alicia watched Lucas leave her room and then she turned to the oversized bookshelf she had seen the night before. She pulled a book off of the shelf that she swore had to weigh ten pounds on its own. She laid it on her bed and opened it quickly, her heart stated to race as the first words in the book were in her mother’s handwriting.

“My dear Alicia, I know this must be a shock to you, but the women living in that coven are family to you. Kay…though it may be hard to believe, is your aunt. She will take care of you if anything ever happens to me. Alicia, I hid my magic from you because I was scared you would be in danger if you knew you had powers, but I know you watched me at times. You must trust the women in the coven, they will love you and take care of you. And Alicia, remember that Lucas is there to help you, he will give his life for you if that is needed.”

Alicia shut the book as tears fell from her eyes. Her mother knew she would see this book, which meant her mother knew she would die. Alicia curled her legs under her as she stared at the cover of the book, imagining her mom writing those words. Imagining the tears in her mothers eyes. Alicia shook her head and stood. She had things to do, she would mourn her mother later. She walked around the room, her mind on water, as she tried to make water appear. She managed to keep the water for a few moments, but then it vanished. I can’t control water. She sighed silently and sat back down.

She jumped at a knock on her door. “Alicia?” Andrea’s voice called from the hallway. “Mom said you need to come eat.”

Alicia sighed and stood, walking to the door she said, “I’m coming.” She opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. She looked at Andrea who smiled and lead her to the great hall, where food has been laid out. “The cooks really outdo themselves don’t they?” Alicia murmured, and Andrea laughed.

“Well the cooks are excited you are here.”

“Why?” Alicia asked glancing around at the people sitting at the tables.

“Because you are to be the coven leader.”

“I’m supposed to be what?” Alicia snapped.

“Coven leader.” Andrea shrugged. “What you didn’t…?” Her words were cut off when the door slammed open. “The vampires are outside!” a woman screeched.

Kay ran into the room, yelling for calm as the women started panicking. “We knew they would be here soon. You all know what to do. Lucas!”

“Yes ma’am,” Lucas appeared in the room. “I heard, they are here.”

The witches jerked around as the doors were slammed open, and Kay quickly told the others to take the children to safety leaving Kay with three other witches. She glanced around wondering where Lucas had disappeared to, but knew she had no time to wonder about that.

Alicia stood between Andrea and Dawn, both of who stood still, their bodies tense.

 



© 2014 Jessi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014


Author

Jessi
Jessi

Granite Falls, NC



About
I have officially graduated from college, but now since I work non-stop, I never have time to write, but I still try to make time, and am going to stop avoiding this site. I write a lot of paranormal.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jessi