Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Jessi

CHAPTER 4

For the next few days, Alicia and Andrea got to know each other, and Alicia started learning the basics of magic. After a few hours of goofing off the girls fell onto the couch laughing. “Can you believe tomorrow is my birthday?” Alicia asked and glanced at Andrea.

“Wow its been a week already?” Andrea murmured and smiled. “That’s okay, you are ready for your powers.”

Alicia nodded slowly and smiled. “If you think I am ready, than I must be ready.”

Andrea gripped Alicia’s hand and smiled. “I promise you, you are ready for your powers.” She stood and then pulled Alicia to her feet. “Just a few more hours,” Alicia spoke softly. She walked to the window and saw the sun setting. “Will it happen at midnight…or?”

“It will happen through out the day, but you will likely start feeling it at midnight if you are awake. Otherwise you will feel it as you wake up.”

Alicia nodded and looked outside. The sunlight hitting the pavement made the rocks glisten. “Did things feel different for you?”

“Yeah, but I grew up around it so I knew what to expect.” Andrea walked to her and gripped her shoulders. “It will be okay.”

“I know,” Alicia said softly and turned to face Andrea. “I know I can do this, after all I am my mothers daughter.”

Andrea chuckled and hugged Alicia close. “Go on and rest.”

“I will, but I need a shower first,” Alicia laughed and Andrea made a face.

“That’s for sure.”

Alicia shoved Andrea playfully and pretended to storm off to the bathroom. She cut the hot water on and let the heat steam up the room. She sighed softly and smiled, her life was about to change, and yet she wasn’t afraid. She was ready to embrace her future, but a few things continued to nag her. The man who killed her mother…would he come? Would he try to kill her now? She sighed again and undressed, letting the clothing hit the floor.

She stepped into the shower, letting the hot water splice over her, washing the dirt and sweat from the day away.

Andrea smiled as she cleaned up the house. She knew her mother would be here first thing in the morning, and her mother was a neat freak. She grinned as she picked up the glasses that had been filled with milk the night before. Alicia was like a sister to her now…and she would always protect her. A week had gone by, and the laughter they had enjoyed during that week was amazing.

Andrea hummed as she finished washing the dishes, and in doing so missed the sound of her wards being broken.

“Where is the girl?” a deep male voice spoke from behind her. Andrea turned automatically raising her hands to throw a protection spell up, but the man pinned her arms to her sides. “Let me go!” she snapped as she tried to jerk away from him. He tightened his grip and she winced.

“Where is the girl?” he growled, annoyance was clear in his voice and anger clear in his eyes.

“What girl?”

He shook her and snapped, “don’t play stupid with me witch!”

“The girl isn’t here,” Andrea spoke keeping her voice steady as she stared into the man’s eyes.

“Then we will have to wait for her wont we?” the man said and chuckled. His fangs glistened in the light from the lamps. He shoved Andrea to a seat and stood over her. “Do not even try to use your magic on me, unlike the young vampire the girl managed to kill, I am not weak, nor will I sit still long enough for you to do damage.”

She glared at him silently but left her hands laying in her lap. “Why do you want the girl?”

He laughed, “I wondered how long it would take you to ask. You probably think I am after her to kill he…”

“Andrea? Who’s here?”



© 2014 Jessi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014


Author

Jessi
Jessi

Granite Falls, NC



About
I have officially graduated from college, but now since I work non-stop, I never have time to write, but I still try to make time, and am going to stop avoiding this site. I write a lot of paranormal.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jessi


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jessi