In the Beginning...

In the Beginning...

A Chapter by Yes

Nestled in a thick forest near a charming little village stood the home of an old weaver woman. This home was hardly more then a hut and looked quite old, but the walls still stood and the roof didn't leak. It was the home of Sophie, a kindly woman who lived alone. She was diligent in her work, an consequently never found much time for friends. She often ate what she found in the forest, and it was there where she stumbled upon the crystal.

Unknowing of it's origins or purpose, Sophie placed it in her basket amongst the salad greens, where it emitted a soft glow. She thought about it greatly, as she returned to her house and began to prepare her dinner. The crystal seemed to have a delightful little presence, and for the first time in a long while Sophie felt as though she wasn't eating alone.

In fact, she wasn't.

Little did she know, the crystal actually protected a small creature. This creature was none other then one of the Kiyamenen Children, an almost mythical creature that grew and changed just like a human. Sophie also didn't know that this little creature would become her constant companion. However, the child did. And she already loved Sophie, and knew Sophie would love her.

Sophie awoke the next morning just before dawn and was surprised at the amount of light the little crystal produced. It glowed just like one of the stars Sophie often looks at in the clear night sky. It wasn't long before she began her weaving for the day. To her surprise, she found herself speaking aloud to the indigo crystal, voice rough from lack of use. The time passed quickly as Sophie spoke of the bothersome village children playing on her lawn and of how she remembers being a bothersome little child. She laugh lines emerged as she grinned broadly, telling of the time she helped her brother "fall" in the small stream nearby, ruining his best shoes and aggravating her parents.

Eventually, darkness fell again and the crystal glowed stronger then ever. Sophie began carrying it with her, she was becoming inexplicably attached to this glowing little stone, and the creature within the stone was becoming inexplicably attached to her.



© 2010 Yes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010


Author

Yes
Yes

MI



About
22 / Female / Fine Arts Major (Theatre/Web Design/Arts Management) I write for me, and I'm here to share it with the internet. It will be full of typos and strange, strange grammatical errors, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yes


One One

A Chapter by Yes


Two Two

A Chapter by Yes