The Apple of my Eye

The Apple of my Eye

A Chapter by Yes

Sophie returned home after the long day of walking and talking with Sybil and the rest of the customers in the store. She wondered what was up with her Stella, clinging to the plush Apple she claimed in the shop, after forcing away the more traditional teddy bear Sophie handed to her.

She pushed open the door to her small cottage just as the light faded from the night sky. Sophie looked again at little Stella, clinging to her soft apple. She's been awful quiet today, Sophie thought,I wonder what is keeping her occupied... Stella cooed affectionately as Sophie lifted her out of her basket and placed her in the little nest of cloth beside her own bed.

Sybil had given her good advice. Having never cared for anything more needy then a potted plant, Sophie hadn't thought the little girl would grow up. She planned the next day to look for some of the things Sybil suggested, like snacks and furniture. The baby would eventually grow into a child, as Arlii, Van and Andreas had done previously, and she would need somewhere to sleep and some other foods to eat. Kiyamanen are like any child, they like to snack between meals.

Sybil also wondered what other sort of toys Stella would like. That plush apple wouldn't keep her occupied forever, no matter how soft and cuddly it was. Clothing was another issue as well " it had been a long time since she had even bought any clothing for herself, lots of what she wore was patched and mended. She hoped her trip into the village would prepare her at least a little.

Her lovely child seemed to grow so fast. Every day Stella could do more " sit up and giggle at Sophie when she smiled at her, or grab at Sophie's hair while she held her. It had been a long, long time since she had smiled so much.


© 2010 Yes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010


Author

Yes
Yes

MI



About
22 / Female / Fine Arts Major (Theatre/Web Design/Arts Management) I write for me, and I'm here to share it with the internet. It will be full of typos and strange, strange grammatical errors, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yes


One One

A Chapter by Yes


Two Two

A Chapter by Yes