Preparedness

Preparedness

A Chapter by Yes

Sophie set out that day just before noontime, in search of supplies for her rapidly growing child. She found her way to the only department store without having to walk all the way back to Ay Town. She handled different items a little girl would like, such as a plush doll and cute pink clothing, and every time she'd hear disapproval from Stella.

No words were actually spoken, or perceived to even have been heard, but she knew Stella was talking to her, in her own little way. Sophie knew that Stella wouldn't be interested in the dolls or pink outfits, but she could feel it deep in her soul and knew it to be a fact.

Besides, Stella frowned at the frilly things she showed her, and smiled at a very pretty purple top and even a modestly girly skirt. Loading them into her cart, Sophie felt a thrill. She was actually raising a small creature, something she had never done before. It was oddly satisfying, knowing that she could care for a life other then her own.

Day by day, Sophie's little baby was growing into a beautiful little girl. Every day, she would sit up more, grab more, play more and 'talk' more. They had conversed, in a way. However, it was never like before. Sophie never heard any words... or thought she heard any words, yet she felt as though she had conversed with Stella and often knew exactly what she wanted.

Sophie had bought a good few toys for her little girl. However, Stella mostly just clung to the plush apple from Sybil, never really showing much interest in the rattles or plastic keys. Eventually, Sophie gave up impressing the stereotypical baby toys upon her, as well as most baby clothing. Stella just seemed to love the little purple blanket Sophie wrapped her in when she first arrived. Silly little creature.

A silly little creature that is growing quickly too quickly for Sophie's liking. Before she knew it, Stella was crawling about happily, getting into all sorts of trouble. Much to her own amusement, Stella found out that if you throw a ball of yarn around, it unravels. Sophie was amused, however disapproving. It caused her orders to run late. However, he customers were understanding. In fact, many stopped by to place an order just because of baby Stella. They'd laugh as they got pelted with small balls of yarn Sophie provided as ammunition, and wind them back up and return them to the child. To her great surprise, Sophie even got visitors. Or, it would be better put, Stella got visitors.

Everyone who came to the hut feeling glum left feeling cheery. It could be just that babies have that affect on people, or maybe Stella just has that effect on people. Either way, Sophie was thrilled, and slightly irked, that the town had finally come to accept her.


© 2010 Yes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010


Author

Yes
Yes

MI



About
22 / Female / Fine Arts Major (Theatre/Web Design/Arts Management) I write for me, and I'm here to share it with the internet. It will be full of typos and strange, strange grammatical errors, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yes


One One

A Chapter by Yes


Two Two

A Chapter by Yes