Chapter 2: Virus

Chapter 2: Virus

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Lyric was kidnapped by a mad scientist with an insane gesture. He can cure Lyric, but at what cost?

"

     I awoke in a cold, dark room, wondering where I was. I tried to sit up, but my head was woozy and I instantly sat down. I tried to feel my forehead, but my hands were bound with chains. Ditto my feet. My head couldn't make sense of anything. I tried to speak, but my voice came out in a ragged moan. Sweeping my toungue across my lips, I discovered they were cracked and raw.  Suddenly, a lightbulb flickered on. I shielded my eyes with my hand, my eyes were adjusted to darkness. An old man in a white lab coat approached me, then kneeled down next to me on the floor.

   "Hello Lyric. I assume you're wondering why you are here. Well I can answer that." he said calmly.

   "Why am in chains?" I asked.

   "All will be explained. First let me tell you about myself. I was a revered scientist in my laboratory. Until one of my co-workers, my best friend, died from an unknown disese," he stopped talking for a short second with a sadglint in his eyes. Then he continued," I went insane. I worked on my experiments day and night, trying to find an answer to his death. My boss proclaimed that Ihad gone mad, then sent my here, a remote island where I could recover.

   "I instead worked on more experiments. That's when I discovered the S Virus." he said, then glanced at me.

   "What does that have t do with me?" I asked, confused. Why was he telling me all this? He shushed me.

   "The S virus is what is in you. It is what caused your, ability. And my friend's death. You see, the S Virus creates hormonal inbalance, which causes you to be able to mature and reverse so quickly. But it only does this in children who haven't gone through puberty." This statement made me start to squirm. "You were infected with the S Virus when you were only a small child. So you survived, and gained that power. My friend was middle aged when he was infected, it made his insides go crazy, causing internal explosion." He appeared to be done with his story.

   "Okay, so I was infected with a Virus that made me have supernatual powers, whilst your friend died. So....why the hell am I here?" I asked impatiently.

   "You are here because I have found a cure to the S Virus." He smiled maliciously, and I leaned away from his glittering teeth. "And I need someone to test it on. To make sure it's not potentially...harmful."

    "Harmful?" I squeaked.

    "Sure it could be dangerous, you could even die." he said. "But don't you want to be normal? Have a normal life, with a normal family, normally?" he asked, smiling creepily. I didn't like how many times he said normal.

   "Yes..." I said slowly. "But I wouldn't be willing to do anything to have it." His smile quickly turned upside down into a frown.

   "I see, I see. Well, then you'll just have to go into the dungeon. How unfortunate." He clicked his toungue. Dungeon? I didn't have time to wonder. He was unbounding my chains and dragging me through winding stairs, dark hallways, and endless corridors. Finally, he stopped at a huge metal door. Taking out a huge ring of keys, he unlocked it. It swinged open, creating an unpleasant creek. He pushed me inside, and slammed the door firmly in place.

    "You can stay in here until you change your mind...or at least until the vaccination is ready." He said, and I heard a soft chuckle. Footsteps echoed in the backround, until they were silent. I was trapped.

 

   



© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Sorry about all of the science mumbo jumbo. PLease R&R!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on November 11, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl