Chapter 5: Side Effects

Chapter 5: Side Effects

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

There is no escape. She is forced to endure the serum. But what are the side effects?

"

   His laughter was terrifying. A shiver went down my spine, chilling my entire body. He slowly approached us, every footstep echoing in our ears.

    "Well, well well. It looks like my little birdies tried to fly the coop." the scientist said. Every word was like a knife slashing my body. "But you couldn't escape." he said, clicking his tongue. I gulped. He guestured to a bunch of screens against a wall. Each one flashed a different section of the house. I recognized the places we were before, including the dungeon. "You see," he continued. "I was watching you the entire time. I was hoping you would escape, because then I would lead you right into my hands. How absolutly delicious that was." he chuckled darkly. Delicious? Was this guy nuts? Probably. Not thinking, I squeezed Kyle's hand. He squeezed back. The scientist laughed.

    "Aw, gotten close to eachother, yes? Too bad I'm going to kill one of you." he said, his eyes darting back in forth between us. "But who first?" His eyes stopped on me. "You're the likely canidate, because I can use the boy later." I yelped as he seized my hand and pulled me towards a chair. It had menacing  wires and buttons attached to it, and it overall looked dangerous. He pushed me into it, then started hooking everrything up to me. I tried to resist, but he put metal bars over my hands. He took out his needle, and flicked it, just like they do in the movies.

    "This will only pinch a little." he promised. Then he punctured my skin with itt, and injected the juice. Pain stabbed throughout my body, and my head pounded each time something hurt. My heart beat grew rapid, and my breathing quickened. Then my vision blackened all together.

 

************************* O.o

 

  My eyes slowly opened. Kyle was in the corner, crying.  My eyes fully opened, and I surveyed the scene around me. The scientist was in the corner, asleep.I  held my head in my hands, trying to make sense of what happened. My forehead seemed ice cold. Kyle sighed with relief, ran over to me, then wrapped his arms around my sholders.

    "What-what happened?" I asked groggily, still half asleep. Kyle looked deep into my eyes.

    "Lyric, do you remember anything?" he asked slowly.

    "Well, I remember him giving me that cure. Then there being pain. But...I guess I passed out after that." I said. Kyle shook his head.

    "Lyric....you died. You've been dead for at least six hours." he explained. My brain took a while to register that.

    "Wha...?" Was all I could manage.

    "The pain overwhelmed your body, and you died. You've been sitting there for six hours, unmoving, not breathing." he said.

    "Oh..."I whispered. He nodded gravely.

    "I have no idea how you survived. How is your heart, is it beating fast enough?" he asked. I shrugged.

    "I can't hear it." I said.

    "Hmmm..." he murmered, then put his ear against my chest. I froze at his touch. He kept it there for a whole minute. Then he pulled away, a thoughtful expression on his face.

    "What?!" I asked.

    "Your heart isn't beating." he said softly. I gasped. I didn't feel my heart. Actually, know that I think about it, I'm not breathing either.

     "K-k-kyle?" I stuttered. "What's wrong with me?" I whispered, afraid. Kyle gulped.

     "Lyric, I'm no expert at this stuff but, I think you're immortal.



© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
CLIFF HANGER! review please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I want you to finnish story please. That is unfair leaving me here, squirming.
:) Great job! MORE MORE!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2009
Last Updated on November 27, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl