Chapter 6: Love At Gun Point

Chapter 6: Love At Gun Point

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

I finally updated it!

"
     "Immortal?" I echoed, and Kyle nodded gravely. He started chewing his lip.
     "It must have been a side effect of the cure," he said distantly. Then he abruptly turned to me. "Can you shift?" he asked curiously.
     "I don't know. But I can try." I said, then shut my eyes. I felt the familiar warm wave pulsing through my body, then I felt myself grow. I opened my eyes, and I was sixteen. Kyle laughed darkly.
      "So that b*****d didn't cure you after all, just made you stronger." he said, and a single tear dripped down my cheek. Kyle saw it. "Lyric? What's wrong? Being immortal is a good thing." I sniffed., and shifted back to my fourteen year old self.
      "I was actually kind of hoping that the cure would work." I confessed.
      "Why?!" he asked.
      "Because then I could be normal." I explained. Kyle sighed.
      "But I don't want you to be normal. I like the unique, spunky, Lyric. I don't want to have a normal, plain, boring girlfriend." he said, then he pressed his lips against mine. And I didn't pull away. I put my arms around his neck, and leaned into him. He put his hand on the small of my back to support me.
       "He's awake..." he murmured against my lips. I pulled away, ruefully, and looked to see what he was talking about. The scientist was stirring in the corner, awakening.
       "S**t, Kyle. We gotta go!" I whispered. He nodded, grabbed my hand, and we ran towards the exit. Kyle had his hand on the doorknob when there was a loud, booming voice behind us.
        "Where do you kids think your going?" the scientist asked. We froze. "Turn around so I can see your pretty faces," he demanded, and we obeyed. He was holding a pistol, and it was pointing at my head.
               "Don't you dare point that gun at her!" Kyle shouted. The scientist laughed.
               "I wouldn't say that if I were you, boy. My finger might twitch on the trigger," he said, and I gulped. "You, girl. Shift." he demanded, and I debated whether or not to. I could act like I couldn't, but he might distribute that cure to the public. So I shifted to eighteen, and he cussed. 
               "So I was wrong. Oh well, means I can put you two back in the dungeon until I have another cure whipped up." He laughed maniacally. Kyle looked at my frantically. Distract him. he mouthed. I nodded.
                "So, Mr.Scientist. What is your real name?" I asked.
                "Well, my real name is Dr. Krull." Sounds like cruel. How appropriate. But I didn't point that out.
                "How interesting." I said, feigning interest. "How did you become such a revered scientist?" I asked.
                "Well, when I was a young boy-" he began, and I tuned out his story. Kyle had escaped from his sight, and was sneaking up behind him. Dr. Krull smirked as Kyle was about to touch him. The scientist quickly whirled around, and faced Kyle, pointing the gun at him.
                 "Not a smart move, Kyle. Now it's time to die." Dr. Krull said, then pulled the trigger, shooting Kyle.

                
 
     
    


© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
I finally updated this! I looked at the last chapter, which was posted in November...heh..heh heh...Sorry about that! I can almost hear the readers gasp. Yes, he shot Kyle. Will he live? FIND OUT. (will only continue story if u review!)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you BETTER finish the story, or else i will HUNT.YOU.DOWN. well, not really, but im just makin an emphesis. its a really good story, suprising twists to it, and you neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to write more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ooooh.... oh dear. I reckon the kyle doode should live, because then lyric looses her love... ;(

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl