Chapter 4: Escape from the Cure

Chapter 4: Escape from the Cure

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Kyle and Lyric are out of the dungeon. But can they find a way out of this maze of a mansion to escape the cure? Or will they be forced to go under the knife?

"

     The last bit of the previous chapter:

"So are you here for the same reason I am?" I asked, curious.

   "If by that you mean that b*****d scientist wanted to "cure" me, and I refused, then yes, Lyric." he said, bitter. That reminded me about the dangerous side affects of the cure, and my whole body ran cold.

   "We have to get out of here." I said. He nodded.

   "Yes. And I have a plan." Kyle said.

   "You do?"

   "Yep. Do you have a paperclip?" he asked.

  Now its time for: Chapter 4!


  "Uh....no." I said, confused. He frowned.

    "Hmm...let me check my pockets...." he said, then he ran his hands up and down his body. He stopped, dissapointed.

   "Did you find one?" I asked.

   "No." he said. Then he looked up suddenly. "Are you wearing a hair clip?" I put up a hand to my hair and ran my fingers through it. My fingers brushed my something hard and metal. Iyanked it out, and discovered a small brown hairclip, and handed it over to Kyle.

    "Here." I said. He smiled.

    "It's small, but it'll have to do." he said. Then he walked over to the door handle. I stared at him.

    "Are you going to try and pick the lock?" I asked incredously. He quickly whipped his head to look at me.

   "Are you kidding me? Pick a lock? With a hairclip? What do I look like to you, McGuyver?" he snapped. I just shrugged. He sighed.

    "Sorry, stressed out. No, I'm going to use this match." he struck his match and the flame lit up. "And burn this hair clip. " he carefully tilt the flame towards the hairclip. The clip instantly went red hot, and I saw Kyle flinch at the heat. " Now for the handle." He put the hairclip up against the handle, and the knob went orange, then dropped off completely. I gaped at it.

   "How did you do that? And why couldnt you just light the handle with the match directly?" I asked.

   "Basic science. A direct flame wouldn't cause too much damage against stone and bronze, but metal on fire, that's a whole different thing." he explained. I just stared. He shrugged. "I'm a science geek." I nodded.

    "Well? Are we going to escape the evil scientist's prison? Or are we going to sit around and talk about science equations all day?" I asked.

    "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. Let's go." he said, then pushed the door open. I flinched at the loud creaking sound. I shushed him. He rolled his eyes then stepped out of the door and looked around. "It's pitch black out here!" he said. I snatched the pack of matches from his hand. I lit one then saw our surroundings. It was castle like, with stone walls and the eerie sound of rat squeaks above us. Also the constant drip drip driping sound in the distance. A shiver ran down my spine. I spotted a candle holder with a candle in it. How cliche. I grabbed the candle and lit it with the match.

   We started walking down the corridors, with Kyle bravely forging ahead. I wasn't so brave, I trailed behind him, jumping at any sudden noise. After walking for several hours, or what seemed like it, I was gasping for air and my feet stabbed with pain at every step. I leaned against the wall, exhausted. Kyle ran over to me.

   "Lyric! We can't slow down now, he'll catch us!" He said, worried.

   "Can't take...another...step...." I said inbetween breaths.

   "I know your tired, but we can't stop down now. Come on, just a little more." he said. I could tell he was tired too.  I shook my head weakly.

   "We can rest for a little bit."I said stubbornly. He sighed.

   "Fine, we can rest here for the night, or day. It's impossible to tell time in here. Okay, but I have to turn out the light." he said.  I nodded and he blew out the flame. The hallway was instantly dark. I shivered, freezing cold. I felt a jacket rest on my shoulders. It was Kyle.

   "Thanks." I whispered, then drifted into a fitful sleep. 

  I dreamed that I was in a circus. Clowns were on unicycles, juggling puppies. I giggled at this sight. Suddenly they dropped the puppies and turned to me, faces purely evil. Jagged teeth, red hateful eyes, and a terrifying growl. I tried to run, but they put me on a stretcher. One had a needle in his hand, and squirted out red liquid. They slowly pricked my arm with it, then injected the serum. Then I was dead.

    I woke up screaming. Kyle clamped my mouth shut with his hand. He started humming soothingly while tears streamed down my face. I wasn't embarressed that he saw me crying. We were going to die anyways. When I stopped crying, Kyle slowly took his hand away from my mouth.

   "You okay?" he whispered.

   "Yes. I just had a nightmare." I whispered back. I saw his shadow nod.

   "Can you keep walking?" he asked.  I gulped.

   "Yes."

   "Then let's move on." he said. And we again began our endless journey out of this place. We went up stairs, down stairs through corridor after corridor, then finally came apon a door.

   "Should we go through it?" I asked. He shook his head.

   "I don't think so." he said. I sighed.

   "We came all of this way, and when we find a door, we leave it alone?" I shouted. I shoved past him and grasped the handle. Giving it a large tug, it creaked open, with a bright light blinding both of us. We blinked a couple of times, then our eyes focused. Inside was the same laboratory from before, and the scientist was inside, waiting with a needle in his hands.

  

  

 

  

     

  

 

  

 



© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
DO NOT TRY THE HAIR CLIP THING AT HOME. IT IS NOT ACTUAL SCIENCE, I JUST MADE IT UP. IF YOU ARE TRAPPED IN A PRISON CELL, FIND ANOTHER WAY OUT. Sorry, had to say that. review please! A lot of work was put into this chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 17, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl