I Discover

I Discover

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Chapter 5.

"
   My eyes peeled open, one at a time. I looked around quickly, and I knew where I was. None of that 'where am I?' crap. I was in a hospital. I had been to my mom's work enough to to know that. I could hear the beeping of a heart monitor. My left arm felt cold though. Cold and tingly. I glanced down, and saw a tiny IV needle in my wrist vein. I shuddered. First of all, veins freak me out. They poke out and they're purple and they look weird. Secondly, I don't like needles. A lot of people don't. Just...metal poking me inside is just so weird. I closed my eyes and looked away from it.
   "Hello?" I said to the air. Why isn't anyone here? As soon as I thought that, a nurse came in. She had platinum blonde hair and red lips pulled into a smile. Though, I was sure she dyed her hair, because she looked in her late fourties. She had a motherly sort of atmosphere about her.
   "Hello, Melody. How are we feeling?" she asked warmly. I ignored her question.
   "What time is it?" I asked her impatiently. She glanced at the watch around her wrist.
   "It's a quarter past two."
   "AM?" I asked incredulously. She nodded. Crap, I thought. I missed the play. I missed the performance. But...another thought hit me.
   "What hospital am I at?" I asked.
   "San Francisco General," she said. I sighed with relief.  
   "My mom works here," I said. Looking up at her, I asked," Linda Clarke? Do you know her?" The nurse chewed her lip, thinking it over.
    "No, I don't. But she did come. She went to go get some coffee in the cafeteria. She said she'd be back in a minute." She patted my arm, reassuringly. She changed out the IV bag, then left. I laid there, waiting.
    A few minutes later, a woman came into the room. She had bright green cropped hair, slender body, and green celery eyes.
    "Hi, sweetheart. How are you doing?" she asked, smoothing my hair. I swatted her hand away.
    "You're not my mother," I stated. She smiled, showing glittering teeth.
    "I am, Melody," she said, hurt in her voice.
    "My mother is Linda Clarke." The woman nodded.
    "Linda Clarke, is your adoptive mother." There's that word again. Adopt. Only with an 'ive' at the end. I froze.
    "Hm?" I said dumbly. The woman sighed.
    "I'll start at the beginning then." She looked into my eyes. "My name is Imallen Maise. But, Ima is fine. And, Melody, you're my daughter." she looked for my reaction, but I stayed neutral.  "You're real name is Melody Maise. And, Melody, you're a faerie."
   "A faerie?" I scoffed. "Like Tinkerbell?" Ima's fists clenched, and she scowled.
   "You're nothing like that annoying little pixie idiot!" she snapped. I flinched mentally, but kept my cool on the outside. She took a few deep breaths. "Sorry. Melody, you are a faerie. F-A-E-R-I-E. Huge difference." I raised an eyebrow.
   "Like?" I asked. Ima smiled again. 
   "Let me show you." Everything happened very fast. She closed her eyes, and her skin seemed to fade. Like, literally, disappear. And suddenly, it was blue. A pale, sky blue. The calm of an ocean blue. Her eyes lost the greenness, and they were all black. No white at all. Her teeth became sharper, more menacing. Then a silky liquid came out of back, and turned solid. And formed into wings. Beautiful, breathtaking, wings. She looked exactly like the girl in the middle of the street.
   "Holy crap," I muttered, staring at her.
   "I told you," she whispered. I gulped, and took a deep breath.
   "Then if I'm a faerie, and you're my 'mom', then why don't I have blue skin and all?" I asked. Ima smirked.
   "But you do," she said, and took something about of her pocket. A small leaf. And she rubbed it on the back of my hand. And I watched, in horror, and it turned an unmistakable blue.
  
  
  
   
  
  


© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
So, first thing, I changed the title of the book. Why? Because I'm indecisive. Secondly, this chapter will probably be edited SO DARN MUCH because this was written at, haha, midnight. So, if you would be so kind, tell me what I should fix, and I will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha...well i think your first two chapters were the best, more...oh i don't know the word. This just seems to jump around a little bit more than usually and Melody's reactrions are far too quick and undecizive? I don't know, just think of making it a little more slow and steady. If I found out I was adopted and was a faerie first I would be extremely mad at my parents for not telling me, then I would freak out on why my real mother had left me. (sorry if this is all in the next chapter) but those would be my first reacitons.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ok, what's with u writing this thing at midnight? Wats so special aboout it? Anyway I had to laugh when she called Tinkerbell "A pixie idiot!" lol, that was harsh! Also i would have freaked out to my mom change like that and then see my own skin turned blue! OMG, we still don't know if Chris has car insurance!!! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl