I Rush Through Air

I Rush Through Air

A Chapter by TopHatGirl

   Everyone froze, eyes glued to the gun. All waiting for me to react. I wished this was a comic book. I would kick away the gun, and have some witty remark, like 'check, please.' Too bad I'm just some chick who got in a car crash with a gun against her head.
   "Don't hurt anyone," I said quietly. Damon gapes at me.
   "Just come quietly," the man said. I obeyed, sliding out of the booth, and following him out of the Citrus Club.
   Once we were outside, the man tucked his gun into his overcoat.
   "Sorry about that. It's for show, really. Fake gun," he said.
   "Oh, that's fine," I said sarcastically. "You could've just asked."
   "That wasn't an option."
    "Why not?"
    "Would you willingly go with a stranger?"
    I bit my lip.
    "Yes," I lied.
   "Well, your disregard for safety isn't my problem. We need you to get you to the Nightshade Court."
    "The whatsit court?"
    "The Nightshade Court. It's where your father is."
    I took a large step back.
     "No. No more meeting my parental units. I am fine with my adoptive mother and father, thank you."
     "I don't believe you have a choice."
     "I'll scream." A lame threat, granted. But it made his eyes go wide.
     "B-but..." he scratched his chin. "Don't you want to know where your wings are? You could have them back."
       That made me pause. Wings. Flying. Beautiful. I sucked in a deep breath. I knew nothing about my past, what had happened, or who I am.
      "I go, and you tell me everything. I want answers."
       He mulled it over.
      "Alright." He extended his arm out. "Hold on."
      "What?"
      "Hold. On." I reached out and clutched his lower arm. He pulled some red dust, and threw it in the air. I squeezed my eyes shut.  Everything slipped away.

      We landed on our feet. I opened one eye. Then another. The room was made of stone, moss seeping in and out of the cracks. I noticed that my feet were bare, and wondered if they had been the entire time. Fireflies were in little jars lining the walls, and there was no roof, so I could see the starry sky, and a quarter full moon. I looked around me, and saw faeries. Blue green, and purple skinned  people in elegant yet dangerous clothes. A gown made of thorns. A suit of spiderweb silk. All were drinking from goblets filled with red sticky stuff. I really hoped it was wine. And everyone had wings. Beautiful, silvery, wispy wings.
     There was a throne at the end. A man with blue skin and a crisp apple in his hand was sitting in it, talking with a nearby waiter. He had a jeweled encrusted silver crown atop his head. I had an urge to go over to him. I was about to take a step when the man held me back.
     "Not yet, Melody."
     "Why not?"
     "The King of the Nightshade Court is your father."
    


© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Ack. In the real book, I shall merge chapters to make them longer. I did not try at all on this one. I need your opinion:

Should Melody be able to get her wings? And if so, at what cost?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes wing! of course i haven't read the next chapter yet so you may give them to her but at the cost of never being able to see her human friends again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think so,maybe at a cost that she live the human world and be with her eal parents forever. Anyway, We need you to get you to the Nightshade Court."
- We need to get you to

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl