A Short Recovery

A Short Recovery

A Chapter by T.W. Knight

My recovery was not pleasant. I was constantly in pain. My chest burn, my stomach couldn’t hold down food, and my parents would not get off my back on why I was attacked. I don’t know why.

I had to go back to school. Did I want to go back? Did I want to face the question, the pointless starring, the judgment? No, but I have to go back. I have to hold my head high. I have to tell everyone I’m okay.

Sam met up with me at choir. We only got to exchange greeting before class started. I had to sit out of class and take a codeine. It sucks not to sing. It kept me saner. Class ended on the high note of the song and my pain more manageable. I was the first to leave class to French.

The teacher gave me a pass on the oral essay so I got to finish a sketch of Sam. His face looked eviler than he actually is. He was falling asleep when I started it in the hospital.

Lunch was only steps away when I noticed that word travels in this school. Sam was in an argument with a tall blond. She could have ben on the cover of a magazine with her looks, but I wasn’t interested in her. I approached her and her face grew more grim.

“What do you want,” she demanded.

“I wanted to ask Sam if he had my Health book.”

“Why would he have your book?”

“He has been helping me with school work while I was in the hospital.”

“So.”

“Heather, please,” Sam whimpered.

“What? You hang out with this thing and leave me alone. Am I not important to you?” I was about to deck her for speaking to Sam like that.

“He’s a nice person. Leave him alone.”

“Sam, you shouldn’t hang out with people like him. Just leave them to rot in a corner or whatever you emo’s do.”

I got so mad by that point. I broke and yelled, “You do not deserve a man as good as Sam. That is why he is cheating on you with me.”

“Eew. Keep your fantasies out of this fagot.”

“Oh hell no Heather,” Sam said, “You do not talk to my boyfriend like that.”

“F**k you.”

“At least I can take it unlike your tight p***y.” She stormed off in a huff. The bell rang and I had Health class. The teacher gave a lecture on drug addiction in relation of me taking pain medication. The teacher didn’t say his usual ending which made me feel better.

The coach let me take an off period and I went straight home. It had been one  of those days.

I never thought about who I was since I met Sam. I’ve been spaced out. Am I or am I not? It all seemed irrelevant around him. It pains me being away,and heals me when I’m around him.

I blasted Shadowplay. I felt bomb-rushed by all that has happened. And all so vague. Simple and clean is what I like with him. We are who we are and all the questions just becomes irrelevant.

I saw him standing outside my house. When I opened my door, he was almost in tears. I got him inside and on the couch in the living room.

“Ghost, I… I love you.”

“Sam, I love you too.”

“I told my family, and they were fine with it.”

“You look like your about to cry. What’s wrong?”

“My sister wasn’t as accepting. She set me up on a date with this snotty b***h. I couldn’t believe it, but that b***h was trying to get into my pants.”

“Sam…”

“Don’t be mad at me. Please. I tore her away. I only want you… Us… We…”

I stole a kiss just to shut him up. My whole body surged. I am sure now that I love him. I love him. S**t!



© 2012 T.W. Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012


Author

T.W. Knight
T.W. Knight

Round Rock, TX



About
"If life was a book, I'll hate the ending." I am a creative madman that does way too much. Writing may be a hobby for me, but that is where passion spawns from. I pursue many creative outlets such as .. more..

Writing
Block Block

A Poem by T.W. Knight