Restart

Restart

A Chapter by T.W. Knight

I woke up before Sam. It was only seven, but the two brunets were already gone. His arm was on my hip and the other was up my back. I slipped out without waking him and went downstairs.

I had to laugh. Downstairs were hung over adults. Panties and boxers were everywhere. Everyone was crawling to get their underwear. They looked miserable. And that is why I don’t drink.

I felt like a ghost just floating by them. For once, I loved it. I grabbed my jacket off the coat hanger and put it on. Sam came down the stairs and the light hit him beautifully. He and I traded a look and he brought me in to the kitchen.

I felt that we didn’t have to talk. I didn’t tell him I wanted eggs, yet he cooked it for me. I didn’t tell him that I preferred orange juice over milk, yet he poured it for me. We were in tune.

My phone rang and he answered it for me before I did. He gave it to me immediately.

“Hello,” I said into the receiver.

“Morning Gregg. Just wanted to see if you were drunk,” my mom replied.

“No mom. I didn’t drink. I am just having breakfast with Sam. We are the only ones who hasn’t drank at the party.”

“Well then. When will you be home?”

“I don’t know. Hey hun, when will I be home?”

“What did you just say?” oops she heard, “Do you have a girl there?”

“No, no… just Sam.”

“GET YOUR A*S HOME! NOW!”

Oh s**t. Way to ruin the morning. Sam got Jake to drive us home. I saw my parents out on the lawn as we drove up. They looked mad.  Like it should matter. I got out of the car and went straight inside.

Mom walked in and called me out while my dad just stared at me like a fool.

“I love him,” I spoke up after five minutes of my mom’s banter. “He has made me happier than I have been in a long time. If that’s wrong then you re just being greedy by keeping me from being happy.”

“Did you have sex with him?”

“No, I am not a w***e. He respects me enough to wait. Beside sex never has crossed our minds.”

“We have put up with your music and clothes, but d****t I cannot sit idle to this.”

“You have put up with me. Fine then, make it official. Am I out of this house?”

“YES! GET OUT! NOW!”

“Fine then.”

Sam came and picked me up from my house. I had no more regrets. They are out of my life. I walked just down the block to his house. He told his parents what happened. I kind of spaced out for a moment while I was getting the tour of his house.

I got to my room, just across from his. It was an air mattress and a closet. I just had my bag of clothes for the week. It was good enough as winter break was a week away. I wish I could cry, but all I felt was numb. That is until Sam’s soft touch caressed me to sleep. Then I felt alive once more.



© 2012 T.W. Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012


Author

T.W. Knight
T.W. Knight

Round Rock, TX



About
"If life was a book, I'll hate the ending." I am a creative madman that does way too much. Writing may be a hobby for me, but that is where passion spawns from. I pursue many creative outlets such as .. more..

Writing
Block Block

A Poem by T.W. Knight