Chapter 1: An Unexpected Visitor

Chapter 1: An Unexpected Visitor

A Chapter by turtlegirlluver
"

Summer begins- what could go wrong?

"

It was the last day of school before summer and excitement filled the halls.  No more homework, no more classes, just one more day until summer vacation.

        Our class had just finished our last final of our freshman year. The excitement was clearly heard in our voices as we talked.

        “Mia, what are you doing this summer?” my best friend Jennifer asked.

        “I’m thinking about doing a musical.  It would be nice to relax and read.  Of coarse, hang out with you.  What are you doing?” I asked.

        “I don’t know, relaxing, being with you.  Oh, but I am going to camp, at least I’ll be far away from here.” Jennifer answered.

        “I still don’t understand how you don’t like it here in Orchard Blossom, but I know it’s your parents.”

        “Yeah,” Jennifer continued, “lately they’ve been even worse lately, always arguing and fighting.  They take it out on me even more now.  You’re so lucky that you have an older brother, a mom, and a dad, and they all love each other.”

        “If you ever want to come over, feel free, even if I’m not there.  I want you to come over more, so you can get away.”

        “I know, it’s just hard,” Jennifer began, “they barely let me out, unless it’s important, or I sneak out.  I’m sorry I brought the subject up.” I tried to think of something else to talk about, but we were both lost in thought.

        Finally the last bell rang, signaling that summer was finally here.  The halls filled with cheers and screams, along with final good-byes.  I grabbed my things and got to the bus.  I felt a little sad, being away from my friends, but I was ready for a break.

        Little did I know that I would not see my friends for a very long time.

           * * *

        “No more school!” I shouted as I walked into my house.

        “You’re excited,” my mom replied.

        “Of course, no classes, no learning, just a summer to do what ever I want.”

        “Well put your things in your room, then come into the kitchen.  I made something for you and your brother.”  I walked upstairs to my room, plopped my things on the floor, and met my mom in the kitchen.

        A vanilla cake with chocolate frosting sat on the counter, the word ‘Summer’ was on the top.  Since elementary school it was our family’s tradition to make a summer cake to celebrate school being out.

        After dinner the cake was dug into and savored.

        “So,” my brother Chris asked, “are you excited to be a sophomore?”

        “Yeah, I’m finally not a freshman. I’m not the youngest anymore! Why, are you excited to be a senior?” I responded.

        “Of course! We finally rule the school!”

           * * *

The next morning I slept in, because it was the first day of summer, what better way to celebrate?

        The phone rang downstairs, I heard my mom pick it up.

        “Hello?…Mia, it’s for you,” my mom called upstairs.  I slowly climbed out of bed and made my way downstairs.

        “It’s Jennifer,” my mom said, handing me the phone.

        “Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

        “Last night was horrible,” she said in a voice almost in tears. “I need to come over. Is that okay?”

        “Sure, we aren’t doing anything,” I said.

        “Thanks,” she murmured.


Thirty minutes later the door bell rang.

        “I’ll get it,” I called.  I excitedly ran to the door, a little nervous about the state of my friend.  I opened the door with a smile on my face.

        “Hey Jenn…,” I started, but it wasn’t her.



© 2008 turtlegirlluver


Author's Note

turtlegirlluver
I'm still working on the editing part.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

some of the dialoge is corny and you have grammar probs, but other then that its good

Posted 15 Years Ago


i liked this first introduction of the book...I'm tired of hearing rude and sarcastic main characters who complains about everything. For once, you're MC, Mia sounds like a real nice girl. I hope she won't change..:)
I'll keep reading! I'm interested about the deal with the mafia..:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice beginning. I like how you don't waste time on petty details like the bus ride or any of that but instead you get to the scenes you need to get to. Nice read! =D On to chapter 2!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2008
Last Updated on December 30, 2008


Author

turtlegirlluver
turtlegirlluver

About
I love to perform, write, and read. I love sea turtles and want to save them. I am obsessed with music and listen to it any chance I get. I feel that writing is one of the best ways that I can express.. more..

Writing