Thrown Into Mystery

Thrown Into Mystery

A Chapter by ultimate324

Chapter 1: Thrown into Mystery

 

 

 High up inside of a vast attic resides ten beds lined up in a circle, in the middle of the circle is the exit of the attic. The Wind blowing loudly outside, one of the beds in which holds a person in each, sleeping soundly underneath dirtied blankets. One of them awakes, a 24-year-old man named Mark who wore a beanie slowly gets up holding his head in pain.

"Ugh, what happened?" Mark said not knowing the last thing before going to sleep.

 Another person wakes up next to where Mark was asleep. A 23-year-old woman named Julie who had a ponytail. Gets woken up by the noise Mark made, also having a headache she took notice of Mark, along with the unknown place she was around.

"Oh s**t!" Julie panicked at that moment, thinking she was kidnapped or something of the sort.

 Having made a lot of noise, Julie woke the others up. All of them having similar side effects of a hurt head upon waking up. Many others also began to panic, wondering what was happening and where they were.

"Everyone calm down!" A 29-year-old man who wore a gray suit named Kevin, tries to get everyone's attention.

"What do you mean calm down? I need to get back to my son!" A 32-year-old woman named Lisa was anxious about her kid.

"Is this some stupid prank? Because that s**t isn't funny!" A man who was older than everyone in the attic at his 40s named Randy, accused Kevin of being part of some sort joke experiment.

"Did I get super fucked up last night?" A teen girl who was 18 called Ashley said to herself.

"Guys! Look at our wrists!" A boy who was also in his teens at the age of 19 named Greg shouted out.

"Some kind of….smart watch?" A man who wore clean workout clothing named Robert and 27 years-old was taking a guess as he observed the unknown techy bracelet strapped to his left wrist

"Can't take it off." A woman who was wearing fancy clothing named Rachel, and one year younger than Robert fiddles with the bracelet.

"What's this?" A 35-year old man who wore a beach shirt named Jason notices a blue light among the bottom as he tried to pull it upwards.

 Everyone still confused and arguing about the situation until a screen appears in the middle of the circle. Making everyone go quiet at that moment, reading the text of what it showed.

"Welcome, you are one of the few unlucky winners to participate in this beta of MMRPHG. Please read instructions carefully if you want to survive, good luck." The following text said.

 The screen switches to a video that shows an animated arm with the bracelet called Menu. Upon doing a simple hand gesture of moving ones hand up while the palm faces upwards, a touchable holographic screen pops out. The first option is inventory that has only eight empty slots, the second one is a Status option that shows the user along with everyone else's picture with a healthy state, the third is a simple flashlight option with 100% battery.

 Some began to fiddle with it, amazed by how futuristic it is, and others just went on their tantrum again. Suddenly the main attic door finally opens, leaving a ladder that leads underneath that was nothing but pitch black.

"F**k this, whoever is doing this s**t is going to get their a*s beat." Randy said as he recklessly goes down the ladder first, not caring.

 Lisa also does the same, only worried about going to her child as quick as possible.

"Well, there's no other way to get out of here." Robert said as he was also about to climb down the attic.

 Upon turning his back to start going down, the sudden scream of both Randy and Lisa is heard very loudly, including other strange noises. Robert immediately changes his mind and moves away from the ladder. After the sounds subside, all they hear is the steps of someone climbing the ladder. Everyone stays away, having a frightened look wondering what is coming up.

"Help." Lisa who was doing her best to climb, having a bloodied face with a terrified expression.

 Kevin steps in to try to help her up, but as soon as he grabs hold of Lisa's arm, she gets dragged down viciously back to the darkness. Kevin was about to fall from the sudden force, but Robert manages to pull him away.

"What the f**k was that?" Ashely starting to panic now.

"The light!" Kevin shouted out in a hurry.

 Jason and Mark open the menu, turning their flashlights on. Looking to see what exactly was down there, the light shined only a bit still leaving a view of pitch blackness.

"Hey! If this is a prank then you got us already! Very f*****g funny now let us out!" Rachel is starting to feel scared, hoping it is a joke.

"This isn't a prank; this s**t is real." Kevin said with confidence as he got up from the floor.

"No way, I work for a known modeling business. So it must be a prank right?" Rachel is thinking because of her status in the world that there is no way the situation is real.

"He's right, I mean think about it. If this was a prank then they crossed the line of what is legal." Julie says, talking about waking up in a random attic without remembering what happened before that.

"Crap, so what do we do?" Mark asked openly to everyone.

"For now let's look around here. See if there is another way out of here or something." Kevin ordered everyone and they all followed.

 30 minutes passes of looking and waiting but find nothing.

"What now? We can't just sit around here forever or we will just die of hunger." Jason said as he sits around on one of the beds.

"Guess we have no other choice but to go down." Kevin stares at the ladder with a serious expression.

"Are you crazy? There's no way I'm going down there!" Rachel not wanting to end up like Lisa or Randy.

"Take it easy; there is a reason why we have these Menus. Also, that message did say something about surviving, meaning there is a way to get out of here." Mark agreeing with Kevin to go down.

"It's best if we all go together than to have a few of us go down while others stay up here." Kevin hoping everyone else would take the courage to go down the ladder.

 They all go back to arguing about what to do until they finally come to an understanding after 20 minutes to go underneath.

"Alright, anyone wants to go first?" Kevin asks.

"You go first since you want to be the leader and all," Jason said.

 Kevin doesn't argue and slowly goes down the ladder in the darkness. 



© 2016 ultimate324


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 26, 2016