Haunted Castle

Haunted Castle

A Chapter by ultimate324

Chapter 3: Haunted Castle 
 As Mark slowly opened the door while being very distant. Upon fully opening it, they wait and flash the inside with light first trying to see or hear anything within. 
"I'm going in." Mark takes the first brave step inside. 
 Upon fully entering the room, words appear in front of him saying "Safe Zone."
"What the?" Mark being confused. 
 When everyone else entered, they got the same notice, and the door gets shut on its own, unable to open again. 
"I think we are safe here." Mark was taking a guess. 
 They look around and find out that the room is a big dining hall with a lot of blood writing on the walls, along with another door and windows. 
"What in the world is going on here?" Mark just reads the wall of text that is nothing but horror from what he thinks is other people that have been there. 
 Each having the feel of seriousness, they began to get more scared of what is to come. 
"Dam, these windows can't break." Jason is trying to break the window with a chair. 
"It's hard to see with all that fog and rain." Ashleycontinuetrying to get a view of the solid earthy ground. 
"Guys! Look at this!" Robert yells out to everyone. 
 Everyone gathered to where Robert was, and it was another wall of text, but instead of it just being another terror message, it was info of someone trying to help. 
"For all you newcomers, this is the first area of MMRPHG, the Haunted Castle. Those of you who still believe this is fake, dream, or whatever, then stop thinking that, this is as real as it gets. You will die if you continue thinking this is not real. I want as many of you to survive as well as to get out of this unknown place, so I drew a map of this entire area above along with what you must look out for, please stay alive. I am one of the few who wasn't selfish or scared enough to return all the way back here to warn the new people." Henry, the man who wrote the information. 
 Taking a look at the hand written map with mud, it is a castle with three floors, each having different paths leading to safe zones. Henry left a notice that upon passing the third floor they are no longer able to return. Giving information about the monsters there are, the first one is something that is considered by others as the Stretcher. A monster with multiple limbs that takes away a person very fast. Preventing it was to keep light flashing in the direction one would think it is at while preventing from being in complete darkness. 
"That seems to be the thing that killed Kevin and the two others." Mark casually said. 
"So if we had all used up our flashlights then we would have been dead?" Greg was thinking in his head that he is lucky not to have had used the flashlight early. 
"Jesus, this is insane." Robert not knowing how to take all the information. 
"Come on; there is no way that this is real? Like seriously?" Rachel still having doubts. 
"I saw with my own eyes how quickly Kevin was taken; this is very real." Julie trying to get Rachel back into reality. 
"We need to pay attention for these two." Mark points out. 
 Another is known as Blind Walker, a strange being with a bloodied cloth around his eyes. Unlike the Stretcher, the Blind Walker isn't affected by light, however, to avoid being killed by it is to be cautious and not make a loud enough noise to alert it. The most difficult in the Haunted Castle is the Ghost Family. Four different ghosts, but all the same actions, not affected by light, however unlike the Blind Walker they only attack when you do a sudden turn to them and look at them in the face. Meaning one must slowly turn their light towards a direction, and upon seeing a bit of the ghost, they must instantly stop and not go further. 
"Should we continue on?" Jason asked, preferring to stay in the safe zone. 
"But what will we do about food and water? So far there hasn't been any." Robert worried about the future if he is still surviving. 
"So far there hasn't been any use for this inventory thing." Julie was looking through the Menu. 
"There has to be food or water eventually; I doubt they will put us in this game and not provide stuff to make us survive." Mark thinking very hard. 
"Look, the other areas!" Greg pointing out next to the map. 
 Haunted Castle, Dark Forest, Infected City, Sadistic Town, Jungle of Savages, Death Theme, Arctic Shadows, The Nightfall, Manors, Dreaded Caverns, and two question marks at the end with an "unexplored" on the bottom of them.  
"What the hell? If we have to go through all that, then I don't think I could do this. I mean three have already died." Jason sits on one of the dining chairs, losing the will to continue. 
 Everyone else also feels the same way, thinking if they continued they will eventually just meet their doom. 
"Well, what other choice do we have? Unless you plan to suicide?" Mark curious on what Jason is thinking. 
"Ugh, if only I had some beers then I would have felt more at ease." Jason not wanting to die without a drink of alcohol. 
"Mark, are you not afraid?" Julie was noticing how Mark hasn't felt much fear since waking up in the attic. 
"Let's just say I have been through some hard times in my past that I don't want to talk about." Mark was leaving it at that. "We can't just stay here, it is best if we don't waste time; then when our bodies begin to complain about no food or water, then it will be much more of a pain in the a*s." He said, trying to get everyone to have the will to keep going forward. 
"I guess you're right." Robert forcing himself to agree. 
 Everyone else thinks it over but realize there is nothing to think over, and it was either wait for death or try to survive. 


© 2016 ultimate324


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on September 12, 2016
Last Updated on September 12, 2016