Chapter 5: Therapy

Chapter 5: Therapy

A Chapter by Doogie

It’s cold and dark. I feel like there is an endless void in front of my face. I try to move but I can’t. I can’t tell what direction I’m in sense it’s so dark. I don’t feel any straps holding me down, but I’m definitely stuck on some sort of table or platform. It’s cold along my spine and a*s. I feel like I’m naked and exposed. I try to see out of the corner of my eyes but I can’t even move my pupils. I try to fight it but I feel more drained the more I attempt to fight it. I can sense things are around me. It’s dead quiet but I can feel eyes on me. Staring and judging me. The room or whatever I’m in is completely absent of sound. Except I can hear my heart beating loud and fast. I can hear the blood flowing within my veins. It’s maddening. My mind races and I can’t stop it. A light turns on in front of me. I’m blinded for a second. Then something partial blocks the light. Then another figure and another. I squint till they finally come into focus. They have big heads and big black eyes and slit mouths. A hand comes down towards my face. I see a skinny red light coming down from above. I try to scream. I try to my move. My mind is in absolute chaos. I feel a push on my arm. Then it gets harder and harder.

I open my eyes and release a quick panic shrug. My heart is still racing. It’s dark in the room still. I grab my phone and it’s 3:00am. I feel a shake again. I look over and it’s Maggie. She’s in fetal position in the corner of the couch that folds out in a bed. I look confused at her. She looks terrified.

“Something is over there.” She says while she starts to point.

I reposition next to her and put my arm around her. She’s pointing in the corner across from the entertainment system. The door between the dining room and living room is open. The dogs are standing in front of the shadowy. It’s dark and I can’t see anything. I shine my phone’s flashlight on that direction and nothing is there. I turn it off and the dogs start to growl. I shine my light on it again and there is a dark shadow surrounded by light. I panic and drop my phone. Then the door shuts. The dogs calm down. Maggie starts to cry a little. I cuddle her. The dogs jump up next to us as well. She finally calms down and passes out. I stay awake a lil longer to keep her safe before falling asleep as well.

The next day all is well. We woke up with the dogs cuddling us. Maggie didn’t see to remember or at least she didn’t bring it up. Around 1 pm we headed out to Denver for me to be put under hypnosis. I’m excited but kind of doubtful as well. After everything I’ve seen I can’t be to judgmental.

We enter the office. There was a nice wooden desk that had a plaque that read Dr. Mulhern. A chaise lounger like I’ve seen on television and a few more soft chairs. The doctor was a stocky and short fellow with medium length hair. He looked excited to meet me. We shook hands and he explained the process. I looked over at Maggie and she seemed weirded out by it. My brother said he’s been visiting him for a long time. That he also helped with his addictions. It’ll be an experience at least.

*****
Zach’s pov
*****

My older brother sits on the lounger. This is gonna be a mind blowing experience. His girlfriend Maggie looks annoyed or at least uncomfortable to be here. My girlfriend told me she’s gone through something rough but didn’t want to pry. We watch as Dan’s eyes get heavy as he’s put under. I tell the doctors to have him remember the camping trip and also the night I saved the date. He tosses and turns a little. Remembering these nightmares is rough. He yells for our mom. Then minutes later he calls out for me. As he breathes hard.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect any of you” he cries. “I was only a kid. What are these things? I stabbed the one in the neck. We’re gonna be ok. Noooo, zach! They’re angry now. They were toying with us. There are two other people here. We’re running through the woods. Now they’re gone. I hope they made it. I don’t remember them. I’m running in the woods. I’m so tired. I’m safe at the train stop. Wait is that dad? Oh my god I’m surrounded.” Dan struggles and panics. The flash back is intense. They take a break before going back further. “Mom, dad, what are you guys doing standing by the stairs? What is that sound and light? What are those? They’re coming upstairs. Zach go hide! Run! Mom and dad are floating! I’m gonna hide in my closet. It’s cramped in here. The sound and light is gone. I’m safe. I hope Zach is alright. Why is the closet door opening up. An arm is coming for me. It’s cold. I can’t move. I see faces all around me. Mom, dad, zach where are you!” He panics hard again. Struggling to stay seated. “It hurts. Make them go away. They’re hurting me.” He shouts.

Dr. Mulhern wakes him up. Maggie comforts him. “Maggie would you wanna try?” Mallory ask her. “It could be good to release any trauma.”

“No way this works. This is dumb. There are some things I must keep secret.” She says back.

“Give it a shot” Dan tells her. “I’m right here. Nothing can hurt us together.”

She reluctantly gets on the lounger. Everyone quiets down as she falls into a deep hypnosis. “God it’s so beautiful here. These mountains are so majestic. Us girls are gonna go on a wild a*s adventure. So excited to do the Annapurna circuit. We trained hard for this. Our guide is cute too.” She says unaware that she is talking. Then her facial expression changes and she screams. “I can’t move! What have you done to me? The men are dead? You killed them! Get off me! Please no! Get off me! Don’t rape me. My friends are tied up next to me. No! please stop! Don’t touch them. Please stop hitting us. It’s been hours. I can’t take this anymore. Please just kill me. I can’t take no more of this. They all raped us for hours. Please stop! Oh god Im free. They’re chasing me. Help me someone. It’s so cold. I’m gonna die. Oh my god what is that thing! What is tha…”

“Stop this now!” Dan yells as he squeezes Maggie tight. She cries in his arms. “I had no idea. Oh my god I’m so sorry. I had no idea at all.”

Mallory and I look at each other. We could feel her pain. Those words we hope to never hear again in our lives.

“That got really intense and I think we learned a lot. Let’s go do something fun to calm things. Dinner is on us. Thank you Dr. Mulhern. I appreciate everything you’ve done for me. Dan that was only a taste. We’ve been visited many more times before those.”


© 2023 Doogie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on March 29, 2023
Last Updated on March 29, 2023


Author

Doogie
Doogie

Denver, CO



Writing
Prequel 1: Endless Prequel 1: Endless

A Chapter by Doogie