Chapter 9: Lonely Road

Chapter 9: Lonely Road

A Chapter by Doogie

*****
Zach’s POV
*****

I run down Riverdale road towards a side street that’s being developed. There are sometimes ghost hunters there. There is a slight hill leading to a new housing development. I haven’t explored this ghost story but it’s said if you park on the hill the ghost of a jogger who was killed in a hit and run will run up and knock on the door. I start getting closer to the turn and see a car parked on it. I’m out of breath but I keep rushing.

*****
The car
*****

“Damn son this s**t is good!” The drivers says before passing a blunt to his friend.

“Weed and ghost are the perfect combo. Nothing is gonna scare us now.” he responds

“Yeah but shaggy seemed like a stoner and was always terrified.” The driver responded. They here foot steps run up to them and look at each other.

*bang bang bang.*

They both yell and throw their arms in front of their faces. They didn’t expect this urban legend to be real. They keep covered afraid to look. “Help, I need help please” they hear from outside. After a few seconds they regain composure.

*****
Zach’s POV
*****

They roll the window down and smoke blows out of the car. “Damn you guys doing alright?” I say coughing from the smell of weed. “I need your help. S***s going on our house. Can I use one of your phones? All our phones aren’t working” I tell them. They look at each other and laugh.

“Nah fam i ain’t about to let anyone steal my stuff. What ya doing out here? Robbing people?” The driver says and lifts his shirt showing a gun.

“My girl and family are in trouble. Aliens! As weird as it sounds you guys are probably in trouble” I warn them.

“Ghost scare me but I don’t believe in any of that flying saucer crap. Get lost” he responds more sternly. “Can’t let you ruin our trip.”

The guy in the passenger seat taps on the drivers shoulder “yo, my phone isn’t working either. What the hell” he says. The driver checks his and it’s off too.

The radio turns on and starts changing stations till it reaches a station that’s all white noise. The two yell and panic. A voice can be heard through the static “There is nowhere to run or hide. We’re having fun with you guys but it’ll all be over soon.” The car dies in a instant after. A bright light shines down onto the car. A loud pulsating hum comes from above as well. I barely step back fast enough. The two inside scream. Then they both freeze with terrifying expressions on their faces. There is nothing I can do as the windows roll down and their bodies start to pull out of it. I turn and run. I pass by two old houses that were originally built there. I can feel eyes staring at me through the windows. Are they being abducted to? Are they getting rid of anybody who could help?

I rush into the new development. I pick a random house that’s being built. Most of them have no where to hide. Mostly wooden frames that are up. The one I run into has a few walls up. I hide under the stairs on the first floor. A plastic sheet is next to me on an unfinished wall. I didn’t want to trap myself upstairs. I take a nice deep breath and release slowly. I try to calm my mind. Then the tarp comes towards me attacking me. I fall over with it on my back. I try to crawl to a plastic barrel on the ground. I hope something was forgotten in it. I barely grab the handle and knock it over and find a nail gun. I point it over my shoulder and fire several times. It stops moving. I don’t even look at it at as I roll it off me. I get up and see more coming. I fire nails at them. I run to the front and several are there. I’m out of nails so I throw it at them out of desperation. I banged my knee hard from getting attacked and limp up the stairs. There was no where else to go. The next floor is exposed to the sky. Just wooden beams all around. They slowly come up the steps. I look around and the house is surrounded. “I guess I’ll be seeing Mal soon” I say under my breath. I drop on my knees waiting for a light and sound as they surround me. Waiting to get abducted. Instead they grab me by the legs and drag me down the stairs. They must be mad about their friends I think. I desperately try to grab anything but my hands freeze. My face slams down on every step. I can feel blood coming from my nose. As they drag me out into the street. I can feel my body getting stiff. I’m coming Mallory I think before I see a bright white light.


© 2023 Doogie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on April 10, 2023
Last Updated on April 10, 2023


Author

Doogie
Doogie

Denver, CO



Writing
Prequel 1: Endless Prequel 1: Endless

A Chapter by Doogie