One Night Under The Lights

One Night Under The Lights

A Chapter by Taylor_Anne_xoxo
"

third chapter

"

     A few days later I found myself sitting on Liz's bed, despite the forewarning I had been given from Andrea. Liz lifted her eyes from her iPod. "This song always reminds me of you," she whispered in an I-cannot-believe-I-just-said-that-aloud tone. I quickly recognized the song as Breathe Me by Sia. I suppose back then I didn't realize it but I thought about it a lot when she....(My thoughts drift often)...that the song was Liz's way of telling me she needed my help and she knew I understood. If only I had realized it back then. 

     As Liz sat back down with pepperoni pizza and ranch dressing in her hand, I listened. Every word had such a broken down sound. It reminded me just how in love I was with her. I turned to her silently when the song ended. "What is it like in the Psych Ward," I mummbled in an almost unrecognizable voice. 

     Liz laughed subtly. "It's actually quite nice. You know? Knowing that there are other people out there who have problems like me. There was this one guy," she paused, " his name was Charlie. I asked him why he was there and he told me he put his hamster in boiling water until its' nuts exploded." I giggled at the thought but waited for her to go on. "I wanted to be like 'WHAT THE F**K' but I knew he didn't think there was anything wrong with what he did."

     It was so amusing listening to Liz. The depth of the emotions her words so easily carried was flawless and graceful. I spent the rest of the night talking to Liz in our own little utopia of profundity. She was so easy to talk to. Almost as though we were simply trading pieces of our souls.

     I reached across her to the other side of her bed and as my hand brushed past her side she giggled. I looked into her eyes questioningly then brought my fingers back against her hip. "That tickles?" I asked.

     "Yes," she responded in a cute, childish tone. I ran my hand up her side and onto her collarbone. She giggled in riposte. Due to the fact that it was almost 11p.m., the room was dark.

     I slowly glided my hand up to her chin. "And this?" I asked as I kissed her soft pale pink lips. She did not pull away, but instead, replied by putting her hand on my hip. We sat there kissing for at least ten minutes. It was a feeling I had never experienced until that day. There was a warmth in my chest and as our lips touched my mind danced through thoughts of unicorns and the princesses in fairytales. 

     After a period of time that felt like a lifetime yet a mere second all in one, I pulled away to breathe. "May I have permission to bite your lip?" She muttered. A question I found strange but nodded to anyway as I slowly pushed our lips back together again. Liz tasted like a combination of mint, pizza, Sprite and my lip gloss. Our hands traveled up eachother's bodies as we kissed, bit and sucked the lips of one-another. The feeling was so indescribable. Amazing, phenomenal, perfect. 

     Liz pulled away abruptly. She then turned to look out the window, falling off the bed in the process. "I swear I just saw a flashlight," Liz explained when I gave her an odd questioning look. I knew at some point Liz's boyfriend Tyler would probably show up. 

     "Relax, it was just a lightning bug," I said in a mellow tone, still breathless from the feeling kissing Liz had given me.

     "It's too early for lightning bugs," she responded quickly.

     I then looked up at the ceiling and pointed. "And what do you suppose those are?" I questioned. 

     Liz exhaled deeply. I could feel the rush of tension escape her body. She climbed back into her black comforter covered bed. Liz and I sat there staring up at the ceiling along with the fireflies for a little while but then absentmindedly fell back into our kissing routine. It felt so natural, as though our mouths had been molded together and there was no feeling of questioning. "I love you," I mummbled as I lay my head on her chest.

     "I love you too," I heard her whisper before I shut my eyes.

    



© 2009 Taylor_Anne_xoxo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

omg tay, this is amazing. u btter write more. i miss her...liz....a lot. i no i wasnt as close ot her as u were but i still loved her too. not like tht though.. we shd rlly talk bout this together sometime. maybe i cud come to u rhouse sometime and stay the night and jsut talk all night about her n our feelings n stuff....somtin like tht. maybe. but this is wicked good. i even listenede to the song, breathe me by sia. i love it. ...... :(

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on November 9, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009


Author

Taylor_Anne_xoxo
Taylor_Anne_xoxo

Madison, ME



About
Okay so quick summary:My name is Taylor. I do consider myself "scene". I have O.C.D. (people think it's funny to f**k up the desks in class before i get there just to see me flip out) I have my moment.. more..

Writing