Part Five

Part Five

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Battle of Oa

"

A Green Lantern named, Zharan Pel had picked up on the distress call and headed toward a small planet where he had followed the signal. There he came face to face with his imminent destiny. Zharan battled with the colossal being but eventually weakened, the creature over powered and then killed him. By removing Zharan’s ring, and putting it on its own finger, it triggered a call to, The Guardians (Green Lantern Corp). The image of the creature displayed onscreen and the creature saw them as well in a hologram from the ring. It roared and swiped at the holograms with its enormous fist destroying the images. The creature then used the ring to find its new enemies and then proceeded toward the planet Oa. The Guardians had seen what they were up against; sensing they were in grave danger, they sent forth an army of Green Lanterns to intersect it from coming to Oa.

#

There was a great battle in the blackness of space, the army of Green Lanterns attacked in waves, causing Gamma and Solar flares to erupt in flashes of light that could be seen from planet Oa. Thousands of Green Lanterns were decimated as they gave their life trying to stop the beast. Hundreds more were injured and the creature was relentless. Upon arriving to Oa, one last Green Lantern stood in its path of destruction. The Green Lantern fought with courage, and sensing his defeat, in one last effort to save his planet. He had sacrificed himself by releasing his entire energy source and the explosion was so great, it seemingly killed the creature. As well it had ripped a hole in space, hurling the massive being deep into another galaxy through a wormhole, light years away. Unknown to them if the colossal creature had died or of its whereabouts, The Guardians then sent forth many Green Lanterns off to other worldly planets as messengers, to warn those of a possible coming of an apocalyptical end… Doomsday.

#




© 2020 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on May 3, 2020
Last Updated on May 3, 2020
Tags: action, adventure, superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear