Part Nine

Part Nine

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

End of the line

"

- Outside of Metropolis �"

 

            “We will not let this monster pass, you hear me?” General shouts into his radio watching as the beast slowly rose from the rubble. There was stillness among them as a rumbling sound loudly filled the air and it now stood before them, the beast roared.

           

General Biggs shouts, “Fire! Fire everything!”

           

From the Daily Planet chopper, a visible line of fire is seen; straight lines of light stream across the field into the beast. It roars again and charges toward General Biggs troops.

 

General Biggs shouts, “Attack! Full speed ahead,” but the driver does not move. General Biggs turns and looks down at him “What are you waiting for? Drive!”

           

“But general!” the driver retorts, “That’s suicide!”

 

“This is not boy scouts private! This is what we do; it’s what you signed up for…”

 

“But sir…”

           

“Don’t but sir me, this is not just a job private, it’s a god damn adventure! Now drive d****t!”

 

            The creature roared and the ground shook as it came. Soldiers fired onto the beast in vain as some soldiers looked towards the heavens in tears. Mortar shells and missiles were fired at the charging goliath. General Biggs lead the way shouting as he went, with his fingers on the trigger; he gave one last command, “Charge!”

 

With one swipe from the beast’s blow, General Biggs vehicle exploded into pieces. Upon witnessing the death of their General, gunfire ceased for a moment. Stillness hung in the air where only the sound of the beast rumbled. All the men gave a yell and charged toward the beast like madmen on foot and in vehicles, the beast tilted it head back and roared.

 

A loud hissing sound came from above; the charging men stopped and looked up. A green streak of light shot downward and imploded onto the monster, the shockwave penetrated half a kilometre radius. Moments later a shadowy figure emerges from the dust cloud. -

 

            “Sorry I’m late, but traffic was heavy.” Green Lantern sneered dusting himself off. The army and bystanders cheered.

           

The monster growled as it rose from the rubble; the cheer muted, Green Lantern twisted in disbelief. The beast was stunned, slowly it rose growling and it shook its head.

 

“You want some seconds huh, well save room for desert cupcake. There’s plenty more where that came from!”  Green Lantern stood sizing up his opponent.

 

The beast caught site of Green Lantern, it stood silent for a moment before remembering the suit. Its eyes narrowed and it crouched down snarling; it grunted and rumbled before it leashed an ear-splitting roar.

 

“Whew, have you heard of a mint buddy? No? Must be tough finding dates huh?” Green Lantern mocked.

 

The beast roared and charged but only faced a bombardment of missiles from the Justice League jet, propelling it backward. The jet boomed overhead.

 

“That’s one you owe me kid.” Batman’s voice sounded in Green Lantern’s earpiece.

 

“I had it covered old man, but before you start bragging. Take a look out your window.”

 

“My God! There are two of them?”

 

Green Lantern chuckled, “Nope! Only one, but if you want; I think I can take it from here.” Green Lantern announced as the beast charged toward him.

 

“I’ll swing around and take another crack at him unless, um, this wouldn’t be one of your blind dates again, would it?”

 

“Funny guy, enough of the small talk and get your butt down here… I’m going to need the extra hands!” Green Lantern grunted as he flung a giant fist into the rampant monster.

#




© 2020 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
You have great imaginative language. . It's quite thrilling and it have right chill.Suberp actions and plot. When I read it was like reading dark comics
Keep rocking.

Posted 3 Years Ago


lawrence bear

3 Years Ago

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.
...

3 Years Ago

You welcome is was quite refreshing to read some good action.
lawrence bear

3 Years Ago

Part 10 is waiting for your review haha. Thanks for reading and your reviews.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 4, 2020
Last Updated on May 4, 2020
Tags: action, adventure, superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear