Part Fifteen

Part Fifteen

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Alliance

"

Meanwhile,

 

            Joker assists Batman to his feet and says, “Ooo I can just see the headlines now,” Joker hugs Batman with one arm while the other is pointing to the air. “Joker and the Cape Crusader together at last, for one last hurrah.” Joker giggles, “Together we’d be the good, the bad and, up against the ugly of course, if you know what I mean. Ha, ha, ha!”

 

“Save the gags for later, Joker. I’m not in the mood.”

 

“Why so… serious Batsy, lighten up a little will yah! We’re a team now.” Joker grinned as he held onto Batman’s shoulders.

 

            Batman hesitated, “For now…”

 

Joker chuckled. “It gives me tingles, just to hear you say that. Ha, ha, ha.”

 

“But don’t go thinking I’ve forgotten what you’ve done to Robin.” Batman glared at Joker.

 

            “What!” Joker stepped back with his hands touching his chest. “Me…?”

 

            “This alliance won’t change anything. After this, you and me… we have a score to settle.”

           

            “There you go again, spoiling the fun as usual. Now what could have I possibly done to upset you, Batsy?” Joker grinned and snickered, spreading out his arms.

 

            Batman grabbed him by the collars and pulled him close, “You know what you’ve done. You killed Robin… He was just a kid, and you killed him.”

 

            “Oh that, well… what can I say. He was a dynamite kid, and we had a blast together. Ha Ha ha.”

 

            “You better hope I perish in the aftermath. I swear Joker… when this is all over. I will have my vengeance!” Batman released him.

           

Joker snickered straightening his coat. “Ah Batman, I’ve forgotten how much fun you are. I’ve dis-remembered how predictable you were as well. Being the Boy Scout you are, the hero everyone hates,” he laughed dusting off his chest and he said, “Well maybe not everyone, but that’s what I liked about you. At times you can be obscure and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care for your dark side.”

 

“If you ask me I think it’s kind of hot, I think he’s purrrfect!” Cat Woman stepped toward Batman and caressed his chiseled face purring, but stopped as Joker glared at her.

 

“There’s plenty of time for that later kitty cat! For now, we boys have a party to get to; you girls stay back here, clean up the joint and…” Joker nodded his head toward Batman. “Gather his friends.”

 

“I didn’t come here to clean, Joker. I came here to play, so let the cat out of the bag, meow.”

 

“Yeah, why can’t we go Puddings? I can handle the big guns.” Harley withdrew her gun quick and pointed.

 

“Oh I know you can doll face.” Joker leered and he held his hand under her chin with his index finger and thumb. “But it’s not for me dolls; it’s for our new friend, Batsy.” Joker smiled. “And it would mean so much to me if you do.”

 

Harley takes her eyes of the Joker and gazes to where the Flash lay and a partial bus where Wonder Women supposedly is and said. “Okay snookum’s, but were going to need some help. Bane, I’m going to need you to remove that pole and bus and to help with the bodies. Cat Woman, search the area for the Green Lantern.”

 

Bane turns his head from Harley to Joker,

 

Joker turned to meet his stare. “You heard the lady,” Joker chuckled. “Help out with things around here, pick up the pieces, and oh, try not to do more damage than there is.” Joker turned away and snapped his fingers at his thugs. “Come on boys, it’s time to take the show on the road. The festivities are only beginning,” Joker giggles. “It’s better late than never. Wouldn’t you agree? Ha-ha. What do you think, Batman, are you ready for round two?” Joker extended his arm toward the carnage path.

 

Explosions thundered along with the beast in the distance and more gun fire followed. Batman pondered as he looked on, and then turned his eyes back to Joker. He gave a smirk that hurled the Joker into a laughing fit.

 

“That’s the spirit old boy, ha-ha. That’s what I like about you, it’s like… we think alike. I’m going to enjoy riding along with you,” Joker sniggered. “What a duo we’d be… ha, ha, ha. It’s going to be, one hell of a ride.”

#




© 2020 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on May 10, 2020
Last Updated on May 10, 2020


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear