Recap

Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Previously

"
Last time, our beloved princess lay in ruins. Helpless, lifeless, Harley stood over her in shock. Wonder Woman alarmed Harley as she grabbed her ankle. With shrapnel piercing her down. The building began to topple, Harley and Cat Woman quickly reached down and hauled her across the street. As the building came down, they made a leap to safety.
As we see Metropolis in carnage, smoke sifting across the skyline. A roar of the beast penetrates our ears. And now we are set on the moon, we see feet. slowly we pan up, a caped figure stood staring onto our blue planet, he closes his eyes trying to shun out the demons he fights. A scream he recognizes, wakens him from his dilemma. in a flash he is gone from the moon. We are left seeing moon dust particles spiral before us.
Meanwhile, back in Metropolis. Batman faces his own demise. With half of the bus crushed, he and Joker had taken. Somewhere among the dust, a cough broke the lonely sound of a clock ticking. Batman had pulled the device out as he stood along side the battered bus. Battered, torn, exhausted, he fights ghosts of his own. memories of Robin begin to float around scratching and pulling at his heart. Joker had killed his partner, his friend, Jason, who he deemed his son. Years before while chasing down the Joker, A mistake made, became a costly one. Robin died and Joker was responsible for it, yet he he stood beside him. Uniting with his nemesis, had he been fooled once again. Holding the very thing that yanked Jason from him. The bomb ticked away, his mind raced. Lost in his thoughts, another villain arrived onto the scene. 
Bane stood among the shadows of dust, as it settled, he stood before Batman. "This is no time to quarrel, we made an oath." Batman had said. Bane shook his head, "You made that pact with Joker, not me. Now its time to die." he punched his hand and walked toward our battered hero. Whereas Batman was forced to fight, and while the two fought, Bane unmasking our dark knight, a cackle echoed. Bane and Batman stopped, looking toward Joker who held a shotgun. Tossing the gun to Bane coaxing him to shoot a now stunned Batman. Bane cocked and aimed the gun to Batman, slowly turning it toward Joker. Pulling the trigger, it was empty. Joker laughed and pulled out a handgun from his jacket, pointing at Bane. He squeezed the trigger, wounding Bane. While taunting the wounded villain. Squealing in pain, Bane stared up at Joker, the barrel pointing at him, "Go to hell," Bane cried out. Joker grinned and killed him as Batman stood in shock. 
"You were using me to drag this bomb, so that's how you're going to kill me isn't it?What if your plan doesn't work, than what?" Batman barked.
Joker laughed, "I like how you think, ole boy. But I like having you around. What would I be without you. I'd say its destiny, wouldn't you?" Joker dusted himself off, bending down to pick up something, "Before we continue our adventure, I believe you would be needing this," He held out in his hand, Batman's cowl.


© 2022 lawrence bear


Author's Note

lawrence bear
Now, let's begin...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on November 15, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: action, adventure, superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear