Part Thirty-Seven

Part Thirty-Seven

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Breathless

"

The two titans exchanged blows, the beast roared as they both grappled. Wonder Woman flew toward the beast and looped her lasso around its neck and pulled. The creature thundered and yanked at the rope with one hand while fighting Superman with the other. It dragged Wonder Woman forward as the two titans moved; she held on and pulled to no avail as the creature pulled and dragged her. The beast snarled as saliva dripped from its fangs, and it head butted Superman, flinging him backward. Superman shook it off and flew into the beast for another punch; the creature reached out and snatched him by the throat in midflight. Superman could feel its massive grip tighten around his neck. The beast pulled him closer and growled, Superman pulled at its grip but the beast thundered squeezing harder and it threw Superman back, the beast than grabbed hold of Wonder Woman’s rope and yanked her toward it, landing a punch to Wonder Woman’s face. The heroin flew back, bouncing and sliding on the ground. The beast threw its head back with a roar. Superman flew into the beast, the creature stopped him and grabbed hold of his arms, Superman struggled momentarily before the beast gripped him around the throat once more. Wonder Woman gripped her stomach as she rolled to her side and blood dribbled down the sides of her mouth, the pain she felt was unbearable. She could not possibly go on, could she? Our heroin gave everything she had.


At the same moment, all that Batman could hear was his own heartbeat. Everything he had done to this point replayed in his head. The plan to try use the kryptonite and Joker’s laugh echoed along with his pleas for his hand. His heart pounded in his head, he felt hopeless, drained and defeated. But then a faint sound slowly slinked into his cranium, something tapping, ticking. Batman realized it was the clock indication on the bomb and noticed he had seconds before it went off.

 

“Clark,” Batman shouted as he snatched it, “Clark, I’m sorry!” and he spun, flinging it toward the fighting ring between Superman and the creature.

 

Wonder Woman seen the canister hurl through the air, she then forced herself up through the pain. Why would Batman jeopardize Superman this way? He was not supposed to be near the blast. If this plan didn’t work, not only would the beast carry out its destruction. It would kill Superman as he would now be vulnerable.

 

“Clark!” Wonder Woman shouted as she bounded toward the fighting ring.

 

The beast thundered as Superman pulled at its grip.

 

The bomb hit the ground with a clank and exploded…

 

On the other side of the river, the ground shook and people gaped in awe as others screamed as the detonation can be seen and heard. Choppers fought to regain their balance from the blast and people watching the news cast held their breath.




© 2022 lawrence bear


Author's Note

lawrence bear
Holy toledo Batman! What just happened....

My God!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on November 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: action, adventure, superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear