Part-Forty-One

Part-Forty-One

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

The day the World stood still

"

            From ground zero, the dark sky turned bright as day as the clouds were instantly vaporized. The lights flickered, televisions went black and the sky suddenly boomed. Wonder Woman shielded her eyes for a moment, Batman crawled out from under debris, he sees Wonder Woman’s eyes fixed on something, and he turned to look. It wasn’t long until they helplessly watched the man of steel plummet to earth.

 

            Meanwhile at the white house, the President kept his eyes on the screen as it went fuzzy. The room fell into darkness and the emergency lighting and generators kicked in. The screen flickered and turned back on; there were grey lines with static before it was fully clear. The room had some gasps as the news captured Superman falling. The President felt his heart skip a beat, and the room with entire world watched silently, unaware of Superman’s fate.

 

            In a distance, we watch as the man of steel plummets to earth. The ground quakes as the impact is felt and heard. Slowly Wonder Woman pushed herself to her feet; Batman rises and they share a gaze, the tension she feels grips her. They slumber over towards Superman. Batman felt anxious and his heart raced. Tiny tingles stabbed at him down his spine, had he killed his friend in a desperate attempt to stop the beast? Fear began to envelope him, grief resurfaced from Jason, and the closer he got he felt he could not breathe. As they approached Superman, Bruce held back.

 

            Batman put his head down, “I can’t Dee… I can’t.” he nodded. Wonder Woman stopped and grasped his hand; she peered at him before she proceeded.

 

            In the rubble lay our man of steel. Bloody and his suit tattered, wonder Woman now stood over him. She felt her heart pound against her chest; she slowly crouched down and put his head onto her lap. Carefully brushing his hair back, and wiping away some blood smear from his face. Clark gasped opening his eyes wide searching, he gripped Wonder Woman, and he gazed at her with his mouth open, his lips quivering. “Are…are they safe?” he struggled to speak.

           

            Wonder Woman put on a brave face and looked at him with care, “Yes Clark,” she squeezed his hand and nodded, “You saved them, it’s over, you killed the monster.”

 

            Superman’s eyes watered, he smiled. “That… is good.” he coughed up blood and it dribbled down the sides of his mouth. His eyes were glassy as he strained to look at her and then he turned his head, his eyes expanded with confusion, “Pa.” he struggled and smiled staring up towards the heavens.

 

            His grip released and his body slumped in Wonder Woman’s hands. Diana felt a lump in her throat and she held him close as tears rolled down her face.

 

            Batman fought with his emotions, but he could not hold himself together as he dropped to his knees, slumping over onto his hands. He reached for his cowl tearing it off in anger; he shouted and punched the ground. Blaming himself for Clark’s death, he fought his demons as they clawed their way to the surface. Batman threw his head back and cried out in anguish.

 

            The world was stunned to hear, that their man of steel was no longer there. It was a global event that shook the world and far reaches of the universe. We join them in their shock, and anguish. Newspapers hit every corner and television reporters broadcast the breaking news, in which our beloved Superman… had died.


                                                       #


© 2020 lawrence bear


Author's Note

lawrence bear
More to follow soon. Stay tuned.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on November 18, 2020
Last Updated on November 18, 2020
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear