Part Thirty-One

Part Thirty-One

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Son Of Krypton

"

In the midst of chaos, Superman hovered in the air, slowly dropping to the ground where he went down on one knee. Metropolis was not the same, car alarms blared, the ground rumbled from gas line eruptions. Smoke littered the skyline, a roar cascaded across the night.


Lost within his own thoughts, his fears played out like a whirlwind over and over in his head. Looking downward with his fist touching the earth, his thoughts took him back to the ambulance with his father, holding onto his hand. His father was dying, and there was nothing he could have done to prevent it from happening. It was numbing and the words his father last spoke, burned into his thoughts. “You can’t save everyone son, it’s impossible. Even with your great speed, you are bound to lose someone.” Tears rolled down the sides of Jonathan’s face, he struggled to talk as he gripped Clark’s hand, “I know it’s hard to understand my boy… it’s going to hurt, but you take care of your mother now, you hear? I love you …” his words became distant and his father’s grip released as he passed.


Clark’s refused to believe he was gone. “No,” Clark’s voice was barely audible. He scanned his body and his father’s heart. There was no pulse; no beating heart and he could feel him slip away. The pain he felt, surged through his entire body like an electric shock, it shattered him. “Father!” his plea echoed in his head.


The anger that built within, the rage and hatred, he had despised himself knowing he was useless to help. What good was he if he could do nothing? Watching his father’s casket being lowered into the ground stung him, it chiseled away at his heart. Plunging him into the depths of sorrow and grief, spiraling down and abandoning everyone he had cared for and loved. As he laid his cape on his father’s casket, he was stepping away from the man he came to be, and away from his responsibilities. Clark was laying the man of steel to rest. For months he had succeeded, until the moment of this beast was rising. The screams of those calling to him, pleading for his help echoed within. No… it was no longer his duty. He was no longer Superman, he was no longer himself. He became selfish, uncaring. A black cloud had covered his heart; he no longer wanted that part of him, he no longer wanted to be Superman.


Until, Jor El’s voice had awakened him, restoring his vision, his heart. Restoring him to who he was. “Not only do you have our powers Kal El, but you carry in you, our hearts. We are loving and caring people. For that, it is why I have sent you to earth. You will care for them, love them. For there will come a time when they will need you, and in their hour of need, you will protect them. You are the last of our people, the last son of Krypton. My son, you are their symbol of hope.” He was not only son of Krypton… not only Clark Kent; no… he was the man of steel, he was Superman.

                                            #




© 2022 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on November 15, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear