Part Thirty-Two

Part Thirty-Two

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Flare of a relationship

"

“I think I might have something.” Joker had said kneeling down and digging out a .45 mag from his bag. Holding it up examining it with a smile, “Momma Harley got me this last Christmas,” Joker glanced up at Batman, “I’ve been eager to use it.” he cocked the hammer back and checked to see if it was loaded. Joker grinned, eased the hammer closed and stuck the gun into the back of his pants. “I think we need something with more bang.” Joker dug deeper and held up a flare gun. “What about this?”

 

Batman smirked, “I was expecting flowers for our first date, but this could add some flare to this relationship.”

 

Joker chuckled, “You see, were getting along already. I got to hand to you, Bats. I never thought we end up like this. It’s a dream come true.” Joker laughed and threw his arm around batman waving his gun with glee. “We’re a match made in heaven!”

 

Batman nodded and turned to Joker, “Too bad this alliance won’t last forever, we both know; this is a one way ride. If this kryptonite doesn’t work, we all are going to die.”

 

The beast thundered ahead of them, Joker gazed at Batman for a moment before he replied, “You really need to work on your social skills.” and then lifted the flare pistol into the air. “couldn’t let me have the moment, could you?” Joker said with disappointment, and pulled the trigger.

 

The flare shot up into the air, sizzling as it went and it exploded bright red. The beast turned at the explosion it made and glared up at the light. It twisted around and gave a low threatening growl in distaste, another flare shot up into the air. It exploded and lit the area; the beast recognized Batman standing below the ball of light as it dropped. It threw its arms and head back and thundered, its eyes narrowed and it kicked up dirt as it leapt into the air toward them.

 

“There, you see, a job well done!” Joker turned his head meeting Batman’s stare, “What? You did say you wanted it to come to us.”

 

“Just make sure and get this explosive near that thing.” Batman handed Joker the bomb and triggered his blades that slid out from his armor preparing for battle.

 

                                          #

 

The flash from the flare fixated Clark’s mind; it took him back to his nightmares. The reoccurring one with the beast grasping him, only this time, he was no longer the teenage boy as the beast squeezed him tighter and tighter. Clark was a grown man, fearing childish nightmares. The nightmares that plagued him, the same creature that now was tearing the city of Metropolis apart, the same beast that wiped out the Justice League, his friends, his family. The ones who have always been there for him, and he turned his back when they needed him most. Now he must overcome his fears, his guilt. They needed him, they pleaded for his help. Clark fought against the monsters grip and he pushed outward as he cried out. The beast roared as it felt his power being matched. It thundered and clamped him with both hands. Clark lifted into the air pulling the beast with him as it squeezed harder. Clark pushed outward with all his might and he used his heat vision and the monster roared. It countered with a blast of its own and the sky erupted into a bright eruption. Clark hovered alone in the sky; he looked around him searching for the beast. It thundered in the distance, he didn’t understand at first and he grasped he was dreaming. The second flare caught his curiosity and brought him back to his right mind. Clark knew what needed to be done; he was the only one who was capable of stopping this rampaging beast.

                       

                                             #




© 2022 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on November 15, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear