Part Thirty-Four

Part Thirty-Four

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

A score to settle

"

The beast came at him with another blow; it thrust its arm back for one more punch but it stopped in mid-air as Wonder Woman’s lasso wrapped around it. The beast turned its head and was met with a greeting fist. The impact created a shock wave and the beast stumbled forward and fell with a thud. Batman stared in confusion gazing at Diana. She turned to him and smiled, “This isn’t the first time I saved you from one of your dates. What happened this time, you tell it you wanted to go Dutch?”

 

“I don’t understand... how is this?” Batman was stumped. “Joker...”

 

“He’s okay Bruce,” Wonder Woman set her hand on his shoulder, the beast growled as it pushed itself to its knees. It slowly rose and its bones cracked as they grew out from its body more. And it gave a loud roar of anger. It turned to face them; Diana met its primal gaze and gradually pulled her sword out from its harness on her back. She gripped her sword, “I have a score to settle.”

 

“Diana, wait!” Batman gripped her wrist, lost for words as he gaped at her.

 

“It’s okay Bruce.” Diana glanced at his hand before she looked up to him; “We’re hero’s remember.” with that she turned away and soared at the beast with her sword.

 

Batman winced at the pain but with Wonder Woman here, it gave him strength. The beast thundered as it battled Wonder Woman. His feet kicked up soot and his caped tattered, Batman raced to the bomb. Joker sat next it holding it in his arms, he was tired and delirious from the loss of blood. Batman felt weak, he too had lost some blood. The fate of the world held him together, the bomb ticked and he took it from Joker. The beast battled a new foe, and it was receiving its share of blows. At one point it grabbed Wonder Woman’s sword. It roared in agony as the blade penetrated its skin. The beast hurled its fist into her face and Diana flew backward skidding on the ground as dust flew into the air. Batman ran behind it and set the canister down. The beast turned toward him and pulled the sword out and dropped it and it clanked on the ground. Its eyes narrowed and snarled at him, it charged at him with a roar and Batman threw a punch as did the beast and Batman’s armored blade shattered. The beast picked him and lifted him over its head, and the air popped. The beast felt something hit him, it turned and Joker held his .45 in the air. “The Bat is mine,” Joker shouted. The beast held Batman in the air and gazed at Joker with threatening growl.

 

Diana pushed herself up, her hair draped across her face, dust drifted and pain shot across her abdomen. With her hand she pushed her fingers on her suture, and when she looked at her fingers. Blood had covered them, hatred ran through her and she was not done yet. She was Wonder Woman, warrior of Themyscira. Her eyes narrowed and she closed her hand and punched the ground. Wonder Woman leaned on one knee, she gnashed her teeth and with all her might, she leapt toward the beast with a cry; The beast kept its eyes on Joker and squeezed Batman who in turn screamed in pain; the beast saw flashes of fire from Joker’s hand.



© 2022 lawrence bear


Author's Note

lawrence bear
What an entrance huh? Stay tuned.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 15, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear