Part Thirty-Five

Part Thirty-Five

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Blind Side

"

Superman heard the cries; the air cracked with a boom and with his super vision, in a split second. He had seen Batman fall along with the beast; Joker’s arm was up holding the pistol. Superman was so absorbed by Joker; he did not notice Wonder Woman. As he landed in front of Joker, the force of the impact sent debris and a gust of dust into the air, the ground beneath Superman cracked and split.

 

“Hey, Supes!” Joker said with a grin, dusting off his coat he continued, “It’s about time you showed up. I was beginning to think you were a no show.”

 

Superman’s eyes blazed red as he walked toward him, “Where is it?” he barked and he grabbed Joker by the ear, lifting him into the air. “Where’s the bomb Joker?”

 

The beast rumbled as it slid to its feet, slowly rising, it stood once more, and Wonder Woman held her side as her suture opened more. She tried to get to her feet, but the pain shot through her every nerve. The beast now stood over her, its chest rose and fell and with every breath, it grumbled. It closed its hands as its spikes grew out. Wonder Woman could do nothing but watch. She stared at the beast intently, “What are you waiting for?” Diana coughed, “Do it!” The beast growled and raised its massive arms into the air. Superman shouted, his voice attracted the beast, it turned and seen him holding Joker in the air as he squirmed in pain. Wonder Woman tried to warn him but could not shout as the pain gripped her. Blood dispensed from her side. The beast snarled, it observed them. Slowly it hunched over with a snarl. Wonder Woman gripped its ankle, but the beast pulled away easily and charged toward them.

 

“Clark…” Wonder Woman spat to no avail, her arm stretched out. She needed to warn him, she fought against her pain, and “Clark!” she finally shouted.

 

Superman turned and the beast connected a punch, catapulting him through a building and down the street and he skidded, bounced and rolled to a stop. Superman was stunned; he turned to his side shaking off the blow as it rung loudly in his ears. Joker held his face and screamed in pain, Batman struggled to his knees. Dust particles fell from his tattered cape as he slowly rose to his feet. His lungs burned with every breath, and he coughed up blood. Yet there was still hope in him. Superman shook his head and rubbed his jaw, looking up at the beast, his mouth twisted as anger built within. The monster from his nightmares was real, it was here. This was no dream as he thought it was. It had awakened him from his self-doubt. Superman looked down at his hand as something was tangled on it. Joker’s face was wrapped up in his hand and a grotesque smile was staring up at him. The beast threw its arms back with a roar of triumph. Superman pushed himself up and flew into the beast with great speed and threw a punch of his own into its abdomen. The air cracked like thunder and the massive beast was knocked backward as it slid to a halt, it looked up at Superman and roared again, almost as if it were taunting him.

 

Superman turned toward Batman, “Seriously Bruce, you have got to stop with these blind dates. They’re becoming menacing!”

 

Batman could only shrug his shoulders, “Clark,” he coughed.  Holding his chest as he stood, “The bomb, it has kryptonite. It’s our only chance to try and stop it.”




© 2022 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on November 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear