Part Thirty-Eight

Part Thirty-Eight

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Shroud of doubt

"

The White house,

What had unfolded on the giant screen before them, some staff members screamed and some stood in silence, while others were left holding their hand over their mouths. Buildings toppled with a loud rumble. It was uncertain if Superman had stopped the beast, the screen was fuzzy as the news feed filled with static, and then colored lines appeared before it was clear again. The cloud of smoke shrouded the area and the rumble drifted across the river, there was no sign of life. The news anchor adds, “It is unclear if the members of the justice league survived the blast, surely Superman could have easily gone unharmed. But we see nothing; there is no sign of movement. We can only pray it is all over.”

 

They all turned toward the President; knowing the inevitable. The president slowly sunk his head into his chest.

 

“Sir,” The Secretary of defense put his hand on his shoulder. “What about the Nuke?”


The president peered up at him with nervousness, and turned to view the screen. The damage the beast had done could not compare to what was about to happen next. The president took a deep breath, fighting back his tears. He looked around the room and shook his head with doubt, “We’re too late!”



© 2020 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on November 17, 2020
Last Updated on November 17, 2020
Tags: #action #adventure #superheroes


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear