Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Awaken

"

Blackness enveloped a city, flashes of orange and red vibrated from within the darkness and the earth grumbled. A young teen boy emerges from the shadows, his hair; short, curled and dark which made his pale face stand out from the murkiness. Alone and afraid, the sky thundered as a beast roared, tears formed on the rim of his cobalt eyes and rolled down his cheeks as he stared on in alarm.

            

A massive being rumbled from within the earth and the ground juddered. Fire and debris fell from its wide shoulders; horns poked out all around its massive form as it appeared like a prehistoric dinosaur and it snarled as it clambered to the surface. The boy stood and watched in bewilderment as it now stood before him, the creature stood on two legs and stretched out its colossal arms with a roar.

            

The teen turned and ran; the beast snarled and gave chase. Its footsteps shook the ground beneath the boy’s feet as he tried to out run the creature. It roared as it swiped clawing the air behind him, he could feel its hot breath as it gained on him. Buildings toppled from the vibrations of its massive footfalls and the boy exhausted and scared, turned to face the charging beast. The creature swooped at him grabbing him and hoisting him up into the air by the throat. The boy gripped the creature’s horned hands and screamed as he pulled with all his might, the beast let out a roar as its strength was oddly matched. The boy stared into the cosmos struggling to get free from its grasp, tears streaked from his eyes as the beast gripped him harder around the neck and thundered once more and then the heavens burst into a bright light.

           

Clark awoke screaming as he propped himself upright in bed, thunder shook the ground as it boomed and rain pounded against the windowpane. He was soaked with perspire as he sat there gasping for air and the room lit from flashes of lightning followed by the rumble of more thunder. Slowly he swung his legs out and rose from the bed and strode toward the washroom. He flicked on the lights and turned the cold tap on, then splashed water onto his face a few times before looking into the mirror.

 

“I thought I was done with these nightmares.” Beads of water ran and dripped from his nose. “These dreams, I don’t understand them, what do they mean?” he looked at himself before dropping his head. “I’d rather dream of that fateful day.”

           

Thunder vibrated the building as more rain pelted against the glass. Clark flicked the washroom light off as he made his way back to bed. With a towel around his waist and with another he dried his hair. Sitting on his bed, he turned and glanced at a picture on the nightstand. It was of him, Lois and his father, Jonathan Kent. Reaching he held it in his hand; smiling as memories of the picture took him back. Tears filled the rim of his eyes and ran. Setting it down, he dabbed his eyes with his towel and glanced at his alarm clock, 4:30 AM.

 

#



© 2020 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I was always think it will be interesting to write fiction novel like comics. And here we go someone already made it. You are able to keep story and action at one big move. It's like each comics panel transformed to words . I can pictured my own world at your words. I wonder if you considering to sending this writing to DC comics cause it's have quiet potential at least at my eyes.
I will return tomorrow to more explore story line.

Posted 3 Years Ago


lawrence bear

3 Years Ago

I did yes consider. And thank you. I was aiming for what you had envisioned. Its great to hear I acc.. read more
...

3 Years Ago

I think it will be good if you get more reviews. But well get reviews at this days is like miracle f.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2020
Last Updated on May 3, 2020


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear