In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 3

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 3

A Chapter by Yosh

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 3:


April 15 2023. The day is Saturday.


Talulla and Calista are back at their place, in Talulla’s bedroom. Her room is pink and girly with a bunch of lamps set on. The girls are in their pj’s wearing facemasks. Talulla is still reading the pamphlet that the front desk lady handed her. She’s trying to decide which words of affirmation she and Calista will try out. Calista is scrolling on her phone, inhaling the candles lit around the room.


Calista

Line 1) Just wondering. But why are there so many candles lit?


Talulla

Line 2) The affirmation ceremony calls for a bunch of candles. Plus it smells nice.


Calista looks at Talulla in shock.


Calista

Line 3) The affirmation ceremony?!


Talulla

Line 4) Yeah, I was thinking we could try one.


Calista

Line 5) Where did you think of something like that?


Talulla

Line 6) I read it from the pamphlet.


Talulla shows Calista what she’s talking about and points to it.



Talulla

Line 7) See?


Calista

Line 8) Yeah… But this seems witchy. Like we’re doing some ritual.


Talulla

Line 9) That’s essentially what it is.


Line 10) Calista: This girl is crazy.


Calista peered at Talulla in a suspicious, confused way. But she noticed how happy Talulla seemed after the psychics appointment, so she decided to carry on with her intended plans.


Line 11) Calista: But seeing her happy, fills me with joy too. I’ll just let her go on with this.


Talulla

Line 12) I’m stumped on which one we should do though.


Calista

Line 13) Let me take a look.


Talulla hands Calista the pamphlet and she looks through it. She finds a random one and shows it to Talulla


Calista

Line 14) Let’s try this one.


The affirmation reads:

Want something special to occur in your life?

Try this!

Hold hands with yourself or with a companion and close your eyes. 

Say “Let time take its course” 5 times and anticipate your speciality to arrive soon.


Talulla

Line 15) Ooh it sounds nice. Maybe this is when our life changing moment will occur?


Talulla grins. Calista rolls her eyes jokingly at her.


Calista

Line 16) Let’s just get this over with. 


Talulla

Line 17) Okay, let’s hold hands. Make sure to close your eyes too.


Calista does as she’s told.


Talulla

Line 18) Repeat the affirmation five times.


Together

Line 19) ‘Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course.’”


The girls open their eyes, and observe that nothing happened. Talulla looks disappointed. Calista notices her disappointed expression.



Calista

Line 20) Hey, just give it some time. I’m sure it’s not intended to happen automatically. It’s not like this stuff's magic.


Line 21) Calista: Was she expecting something to happen right away?


Talulla

Line 22) Yeah, I guess you're right.


Calista

Line 23) It’s an affirmation after all. We have to say it continuously to supposably work.


Talulla

Line 24) Okay… But did it seem like we were casting a spell? I thought we were doing something magical and witchy.


Talulla looks bummed.


Calista

Line 25) It seemed that way, huh?


Calista checks her phone and notices that she should wash her facemask off.


Line 26) Calista: I think it’s been 10 minutes. I should rinse this off.


Calista

Line 27) I’m going to wash off my facemask.


Talulla

Line 28) Kay, I’ll wash mine off after you.


Calista noda her head and made her way to the bathroom.


Talulla stood there looking disappointed. 


But she knew what Calista said was true, so she decided to indeed ‘let time take its course.’


Line 29) Talulla: Like the affirmation says, I should “‘let time take its course’”


She lays flat on her back with her arms and legs spaced out all hopeless looking.


Line 30) Talulla: Ugh! But I want something to happen now!


All of a sudden a glitching noise appears.


 She notices that in front of her something seemed to be projecting and getting all glitchy. 


Line 31) Talulla: What the hell?


The sound of glitching all of sudden started getting louder.


And all the papers in the room started floating and swirling in circles. 


The candles she lit started sparking on and off. Talulla stood up in shock at what was occurring.


Line 32) Talulla: WHAT IS GOING ON?!


Talulla

Line 33) OH MY GOD! CALISTA! GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!


Shot cuts to Calista hearing Talulla’s memo but she’s too focused on getting her facemask off.


Line 34) Calista: She’s calling me. It’s probably just a bug. I’ll kill it when I’m done washing this off.


Talulla

Line 35) COME ON CALISTA! GET IN HERE NOW! I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON!


Even though Calista wasn’t done getting all her facemask off her face. She annoyingly came into Talulla’s room.


Line 36) Calista: Come on man! This girl has no patience.



Calista

Line 37) WHA-


She came into the room shocked at what was occurring.


Calista

Line 38) WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?


Talulla replied in a nervous, excited tone.


Talulla

Line 39) I DON’T KNOW! HAHAHAH!


The hologram started flickering, and forming into a portal.


A shoe started appearing on the ground where it formed. Both of the girls were shocked and speechless.


Slowly it started morphing into a body. A masculine body wearing a black suit and finely polished shoes. It then led to his head. A guy with sort of long hair had fully been morphed in their bedroom. His eyes were closed. Calista and Talulla looked at each other in shock.


Line 40) Calista and Talulla: WHAT THE HELL!


When he fully appeared the papers calmed down and sat on the floor.


The candles flickered out and the glitching hologramy effect had dissipated.


They both stood there shocked and speechless


The man opened his eyes and looked even more shocked than the girls. There was a moment of silence between all of them. He suddenly responded in a nervous and panicky way.


Guy

Line 41) Am I dead?!


The girls stare at Marvin in confusion. They scream and huddle into a corner together.


Talulla

Line 42) W-What’s going on?!


A moment of silence passes. 


Talulla stands up and confronts the man. She looks at him analyzing him. She then stands closely at him and pokes his face.


Talulla

Line 43) Oh my Gosh! You are real!


The man tries to remove Talullas hands but she backs away in a scared way.


Line 44) Talulla: I’m so confused right now!


Guy

Line 44) So, can someone explain what just happened?!


Talulla

Line 45) Who are you?! And how did you appear?!


Guy

Line 46) I could say the same for you?!  How did I end here?!


Talulla

Line 47) You just appeared out of thin air! The room went all wooshy!


Talulla stands up and mimics what happened.



Talulla

Line 48) I’m just as confused as you are!


Guy

Line 49) I-I-I, j-just, d-don’t, know what to say!


Talulla

Line 50) We’re just some random girls, and you appeared in our bedroom!


Guy

Line 51) This is your bedroom?!


Talulla nods in confusion.


Guy

Line 52) Good grief! I must exit! It’s not appropriate for a man to be in here!


He glanced around all confused.


Line 53) Guy: This room looks… Futuristic?!


He struggles to open their door out of nervousness.


Talulla

Line 54) Wait! Where are you going?!


Guy

Line 55) Please excuse me.


He manages to exit. He gets led into the main hall of their apartment. He walks through a finds and mirror. And stares at himself.


Line 56) Guy: This must be some dream. I’m sure if I pinch myself, I’ll wake up.


The girls rushed to the main hall and observe the man trying to pinch himself awake. 


Guy

Line 57) How am I awake?! I don’t understand! I don’t belong here! How did I end up here?! This isn’t real!


Talulla

Line 58) Please calm down sir. We’ll try to get this situation settled.


The man started to heavily panic. He looks at the girls in fright. He is very confused.


Guy

Line 59) Is there a powder room you can lead me to?!


Talulla

Line 60) Eh, sure? Follow me.


Line 61) Talulla: Who the hell says powder room nowadays?


The guy stared at Calista in confusion. She stared back at him the same way. He followed Talulla to the bathroom. 


Line 62) Calista: W-Why? Did he stare at me like that?


Then, Calista looks at herself in the mirror and notices she didn’t get all her mask off.


Line 63) Calista: Gosh my mask’s still on. Is that why he looked at me like that?! Doesn’t he know it’s rude to stare! Or is he just shocked because he just randomly appeared out of thin air?!


Calista smeared the rest of the face mask off her face. 


The man enters the bathroom. He turns the faucet on and starts slapping his face with  water.


Guy

Line 64) Come on. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!


Talulla returned to Calista, and sat beside her. They are both were in utter shock


Calista

Line 65) What the hell is going on?


Talulla

Line 66) I- I don’t know.


Calista

Line 67) How is any of this happening?


Talulla

Line 68) Wait-


Talulla flashes back to what they did before the man came to explain what led to this event.


Talulla

Line 69) Do you think… It was the affirmation?


Line 70) Calista: Is she being serious?


Calista

Line 71) There’s no way it was that!


Talulla

Line 72) Then what else could it be?


Calista

Line 73) I- I don’t know. Maybe we’re dreaming. A part of a hidden camera show. It could just be a prank. Maybe even a magic trick? 




Talulla

Line 74) How could that be a magic trick?! Think about it, the affirmation explains everything! It made him appear in our room. 


Calista shakes her head in denial.


Talulla

Line 75) Listen. The psychic said that we would have a life changing event that involves a man neither of us have met.


Calista

Line 76) What are you trying to get at?


Talulla

Line 77) Calista. We did the ceremony and this man appeared in our room out of nowhere. THIS IS THE LIFE CHANGING EVENT!


Calista

Line 78) NO WAY!


Talulla

Line 79) YES WAY!


Calista

Line 80) This- this isn’t real! Magic isn’t real!


Talulla

Line 81) It is though! Is this not enough proof to you?!


Calista gets up and starts pacing around the room.


Back in the bathroom the man gave up trying to wake himself up.


Guy

Line 82) I am conscious. I-I… This can’t be real!


After taking a few deep breaths and pulling his wits together he finally exited the bathroom, and returned to the girls. He looked at them hesitantly and sat in front of them. 


Guy

Line 83) H-Hello. I do not wish to frighten you ladies, however, I was wondering if maybe someone could provide an explanation on what just happened. Please?


Line 84) Calista: What’s with the formal tone?


Line 85) Talulla: He’s got high manners.


Calista pauses her pacing and sits down next to Talulla.


Talulla glanced at Calista looking for reassurance on what just happened.


Talulla

Line 86) We’re a bit unsure ourselves… But to give you some background information we did this affirmation ceremony just for fun, I- I mean it said it in a manual, so we didn’t think much of it. And all of sudden the room felt windy and everything in my room started spiraling and floating and the candles that I lit for the ceremony started fading in and out.


The man tried to focus on what Talulla was saying, but he couldn’t believe the words coming out of her mouth.


Line 87) Guy: Some ritual? But magic is not real?


Guy

Line 88) A-Are you ladies of another dimension?


Talulla looked at Calista again in shock.


Talulla

Line 89) N-No… I’m pretty sure we’re not. A-Are you?


The man looked at himself, thinking he had gone insane. 


Line 90) Guy: I don’t even know anymore! What if I am?


Guy
Line 91) I… I- reckon I am of this world.


Calista gripped her seat. She started looking nervous. The man stood up and paced back and forth.


Guy

Line 92) Continue with your explanation. I-I am just feeling a bit unwell.


Talulla hesitated, but began from where she ended.




Talulla

Line 93) I can’t describe it but the area where you appeared was glitching. And it looked like a hologram or portal was being projected.


Guy

Line 94) That’s odd, because the same thing happened to me as well.


Talulla looked at Calista again. She ran out of things to say and started to form a sentence but kept stuttering. Then Calista took over.


Calista

Line 95) This may be the craziest thing I’ve ever said. But are you from our time?


The man looked around. He then sat again and rubbed his temples. He was obviously in distress.


Guy

Line 96) I believe so.



Line 97) Guy: But everything in this area looks so futuristic. It seems like I don’t belong here.


Guy

 Line 98) This may be the most absurd thing I’ve ever said. But what year is it?


The girls had a haunting look on their faces.


Line 99) Calista and Talulla: He’s not of our time?!


Calista

Line 100) The year is 2023.


The man turned pale. He stood up again, and went back to the mirror trying to shake himself awake.


Talulla

Line 101) Sir you are awake!


Guy

Line 102) BUT HOW! HOW DID I GET HERE!


They weren’t expecting the man to yell at them, and froze in their spots.



Guy

Line 103) Forgive me. I- just... I’m speechless.


He sat back, defeated and rested his hands on his head bent down.


Calista

Line 104) What year are you from, sir?


The man looked up at Calista with his hopeless puppy eyes. She grew sympathetic for the guy and just wanted to help him calm down and gather himself.


Line 105) Calista: He seems so out of place.


Guy

Line 106) 1967.


Talulla looked as if she had seen a ghost.


Line 107) Talulla: How?!


 Calista tried to gather herself together.


Line 108) Calista: Calm down! Calm down! Let’s just try and sort this out.


Calista

Line 109) Can you recall your last moments before you ended up here?


The man looked up at Calista and tried to gather his thoughts. We get a flashback to what he experienced.

Guy

Line 110) I was attending a dinner party with my friends. I passed the halls they led me to and suddenly I felt my head turning blank as I saw some portal appearing. After that, I think I lost my consciousness.


Talulla

Line 111) That was probably when we started the ceremony.


Line 112) Guy: Here comes that sensation again.


Calista

Line 113) Sir are you okay?


Guy

Line 114) I just feel a bit light-headed. Please give me a moment, I’ll be okay.


The guy rests his hands on his face. His hands start to go limp and he face plants on the ground. 


Talulla

Line 115) Oof! That had to hurt. Help me pick him up.



Calista got up and helped Talulla place him on the couch face up.


Talulla

Line 116) Do you think he broke his nose?


Calista

Line 117) It’s just a bit red. He’ll be okay.


Talulla

Line 118) Well I’m off to bed.


Calista

Line 119) What? Hey! You can’t just leave me with him. And plus what are we going to do.


Talulla

Line 120) Listen, I don’t know. But It's really late. So, I think we should just pick up from here tomorrow.


Calista

Line 121) How can you just leave so casually?


Talulla

Line 122) I can't do anything about it right now. So let's just put it off until tomorrow.


Calista

Line 123) How will you be able to sleep?


Talulla

Line 124) Because I’m tired?


Calista

Line 125) This won’t keep you up?


Talulla

Line 126) I already told you, it's a problem for tomorrow. And I’m tired.


Line 127) Calista: How can she put this off so nonchalantly?


Calista

Line 128) So you’re leaving me to guard him?


Talulla

Line 129) I’m not leaving you with any duties. Just go to bed as usual.


Calista

Line 130) But what if he wakes up and leaves or something?


Talulla

Line 131) We'd be better off if he left. 


Line 132) Calista: How can she say something like that?


Talulla leaves and Calista stays over to watch him.


Calista’s narration:


Line 133) I guess that leaves me on watch duty.


Line 134) I won’t be able to sleep anyways after what’s occurred.


Line 135) How is any of this humanly possible?


Calista glances at the guy. And blushes a bit.


Line 136) Calista: He’s quite handsome…


She catches herself lacking, and sits herself on the couch beside him.


Calista’s narration:


Line 137) I can’t be thinking that way.


Line 138) I’ll just close my eyes and see if I can doze off.


Line 139) Talulla’s right. This is out of my control so why worry so much about it.


Line 140) Right now, all I need is rest.

 

End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing