In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 5

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 5

A Chapter by Yosh

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 5:


April 16 2023. The day is Sunday.


They all agreed and immediately started at the door. They went to the exit and Talulla grabbed her car keys. She opened her car with the key and got in the driver's seat. Marvin examined her car in fascination.


Calista

Line 1) I’ll sit in the back. You okay with the passenger’s seat?


Marvin

Line 2) Yes, sure.


Talulla rolled down the car window. 


Talulla

Line 3) Are you guys getting in or what?


Marvin rushes to the back of the car to open the back seat door.


Line 4) Calista: I literally said I was sitting in the back. What’s he doing?


Marvin opens and moves out the way for Calista to get in. Calista is a bit flustered and confused.


Marvin

Line 5) After you.


Calista gives him an awkward smile and goes in.


Calista

Line 6) Uh, thanks?


Once they all got in, Calista looked at the car mirror and saw Talulla smirking at her in a joking way. Calista rolls her eyes and stares out the window until they get to their destination. Once they arrived  they all got out and searched for the telling site. Once they found it they started walking there.


Marvin

Line 7) This place is fascinating.


Talulla

Line 8) Must be crazy compared to the 60s, huh?


Marvin

Line 9) It’s completely different.


Line 10) Calista: They need to cut it with the small talk.


Marvin looked at Calista’s reaction and noticed that she wasn’t paying attention. 


Once they walked to the psychic place they immediately entered.


Talulla backed out, waiting for Calista to tell them what was going on. She didn’t want to be the one to start things so Calista had to step in. 


The front desk lady wasn’t there though and she hadn’t greeted them by the door. There was a bell at the front-desk podium so Calista decided to ring it.


After hearing no response after a couple seconds go by she rings it again. After hearing no response again she rang it a lot more times consecutively.


Line 11) Calista: Where is she?


Talulla

Line 12) Enough ringing, I’m sure someone heard you.


Calista

Line 13) Then why won’t anyone come out? Excuse me?! Is anyone there?! 


Calista continued to ring the bell until the front desk lady came out. The lady came out and recognized their faces, however, gave Calista an annoyed look because of the bell.


Lady

Line 14) I heard you from the first ring. You didn’t have to spam it.



Calista

Line 15) You weren’t coming out. What else was I supposed to do?


Lady

Line 16) Have you ever heard of something called ‘waiting’?


Line 17) Calista: Is she being serious?


Lady

Line 18) Anyhow, I see that you ladies are back. And you’ve brought a new face. 


The lady looked at Marvin in a passive way.


Lady

Line 19) How can I be of assistance?


Calista

Line 20) We all need to speak with the psychic stat. Could you call her out for us?


Line 21) Lady: Who does she think she is ordering me around?


Lady

Line 22) I’m afraid she cannot help you. 


Calista

Line 23) Why not? Can you just tell her we need to urgently speak with her?


Lady

Line 24) Since when did you think it was okay to order me around?


Calista looked frantic. She glanced at Talulla and Marvins concerned face and knew she needed to negotiate with the front desk lady some more.


Line 25) Calista: Just explain it’s an emergency. Keep your cool.


Calista

Line 26) Look, I'm sorry for my tone. But that pamphlet that you handed me left us in quite the predicament. So, just do us a favor and help us out.


The front desk lady looked at Calista in a very submissive way.


Line 27) Lady: Have I not made myself clear? Who does this girl think she is?


Line 28) Lady: I just need to explain it to her calmly.


The psychic was busy. No matter how urgent their situation was she knew she couldn’t interrupt the psychic. She smiled at them and tried to remain calm.


Lady

Line 29) I will pass on a message. But I can’t do it right now. You must simply schedule an appointment if you’d like to see the psychic automatically. Currently she is very busy and I can’t interrupt her.


Calista glanced at Talulla.


Line 30) Calista: I don’t know what to say.


Line 31) Calista: I can’t keep pushing this lady though. I can tell she doesn’t like me.


Calista glances at Marvin’s overwhelmed face.


Line 32) Calista: I can’t back down though. Marvin needs to go home.


Line 33) Calista: At the end of the day, I participated in the ceremony.


Line 34) Calista: It’s also my fault that he’s here.


Line 35) Calista: As frustrated as I am at him, I owe this guy. And I have to do something about it.


Calista

Line 36) When we came last time you mentioned that the information was outdated so we didn’t need to schedule a session. 


Calista

Line 37) Did things change? Do you need money? If that’s the case then I’ll give it to you.


Calista

Line 38) Heck I’ll even pay for the last session. Just please tell me what I need to do to talk with the psychic. I can’t stress how urgent this situation is.


Line 39) Lady: I’m growing impatient. How many times do I have to repeat myself in front of this girl?


Lady

Line 40) I already told you what you need to do. I don’t need your money. I didn’t make the appointment an obligation last time because you girls were new and we were in need of customers. There’s nothing I can do to get you all with the psychic this very instant. 


Line 41) Calista: She leads me with no choice.


Talulla looked around. She noticed the beaded entrance where she had entered last time to see the psychic.


Calista

Line 42) I’m sorry.


The lady looked at Calista in confusion. Calista made her way to the beaded entrance.


Line 43) Talulla: Dang! She's really persistent!


Line 44) Marvin: Should we stop her?

Lady

Line 45) Hey! What do you think you’re doing?


Calista entered and saw the psychic deep in thought. She seemed unconscious although she was upright. 


Line 46) Calista: What’s wrong with her? Is she having another vision?


Calista snaps her fingers to see if it would grab the psychic's attention but she doesn't budge.


Line 47) Calista: Why isn’t she paying attention to me?


Calista

Line 48) Excuse me ma’am. Do you have a moment?


Line 49) Calista: Why won’t she snap out of it?


The front-desk lady walks in. The others don’t join Calista yet.


Lady

Line 50) Why did you go in? I specifically told you not to disturb her. 


Calista

Line 51) I don’t think you understand the urgency of this situation.


Lady

Line 52) I don’t care how urgent it is. You cannot barge in on other people.




Calista

Line 53) Listen, I let my impulses take control. I can’t just stick around and do nothing.


Lady

Line 54) Spare your excuses! You’re talking nonsense! You blatantly disobeyed my orders!


Calista

Line 55) Why are you yelling at me, when this is all your fault!


Line 56) Lady: She’s gone too far.


Lady

Line 57) How is any of this my fault?


Calista

Line 58) You handed us that cursed pamphlet which caused that guy to travel to this time. And now we don’t know what to do to send him back. If it weren’t for you none of this would be happening.


Lady

Line 59) I have no idea what you're talking about. You’re sputtering utter nonsense!


Calista

Line 60) I don’t need you to believe me. I just need some help!


Marvin walks in to talk with them.


Marvin

Line 61) Ma’am if I may speak. I’m sorry for barging in like this. Although I’m not aware what your teller may be going through, I know that I’m in desperate need of her help.


The lady looked at Marvin conspicuously.


Marvin

Line 62)  You see, I’m not from this time. All I want is to simply go home. If you started this. I’m sure there is a way to undo it as well. So, please just try to understand our situation.


Line 63) Calista: Someone had to say it.


Line 64) Lady: Well that clarifies their motives. I had no idea what they were planning when they got here.


Talulla peers into the beaded curtains and walks over to them. And pats Marvin on the back.


Talulla

Line 65) Atta boy! Look at you standing up for yourself.


Lady

Line 66) Now I see what you mean. I didn’t think there was any magic sealed in the pamphlet when I gave it to you girls. The reason I didn’t want you all to disturb the psychic was because she said she needed to sort out her visions. She requested that I leave her alone, so I obeyed her orders. I apologize for putting you all in this situation. But barging in was completely an invasion of privacy!


Calista

Line 67) Sorry about that.


After all their bickering, the psychic breaks her silence and starts speaking to them.


Psychic

Line 68) I’m getting closer.


They all flinch, spooked from the psychic speaking out so suddenly.


Psychic

Line 69) All of you sit. I need to connect through you guys.


Chairs poked out from underneath (3 this time). They all take a seat.


Psychic

Line 70) Stack your hands on top of one another. And close your eyes.


They do just that and the psychic takes a deep sigh. She starts concentrating and sweating profusely. The psychic unbinds her hands from theirs and suddenly stops. They all peer their eyes open.


Psychic

Line 71) It says you have unfinished business, Marvin.


Marvin looked confused.


Line 72) Marvin: What does she mean?


Marvin

Line 73) Could you please elaborate? 


The psychic looked faint. She seemed as if she was going to pass out, but powered through.


Psychic

Line 74) You died with an unfulfilled detail.


She pauses out of breath.


Line 75) Marvin: I didn’t even stop to think if I was still alive in this time.


Talulla

Line 76) Are you alright?


Psychic

Line 77) Yeah, my powers just take a lot of my energy, but I can get through this.


Psychic

Line 78) You lacked something you were supposed to have. Something undone that should have been completed in your previous life.


Marvin

Line 79) Do you know what that could be?


Psychic

Line 80) I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of it, but I’ve reached my limit and can’t get anymore clues.


Marvin looked confused and sad. 


Line 81) Marvin: It's hard to believe that I lived such an unfulfilling life.


Psychic

Line 82) Until you figure out what your unfinished business is. You won’t be sent back anytime soon.


Line 83) Marvin: How long will it take me to get to the bottom of this?


Line 84) Marvin: What if it takes years?


Line 85) Marvin: Will I ever go home? 


Psychic

Line 86) Once you figure it out you have to do the affirmation ceremony again and you’ll be sent back and redeemed with that detail. You’ll be sent back to the exact time the girls summoned you. And you girls will be sent back to the day they summoned Marvin. After that you’ll forget all that you experienced. 


Psychic

Line 87) If Marvin doesn’t go back to his time it COULD cause a disturbance in the space time continuum. This could cause the future as we know, to cease to exist. So, keep that in mind.


Psychic

Line 88) If I were you, I’d take your time getting to the bottom of this, since you’ll be sent back regardless and everything will be reversed. 


Marvin looked unsure.


Psychic

Line 89) Try to keep your head up. You’ve got nothing to lose.


Marvin

Line 90) I guess you’re right. Thanks for explaining. 


The front desk lady goes to them.


Lady

Line 92) You all should get going. You’ve got your work cut out for you.


Marvin stands up and the girls follow him. They all left the place and went back to the car. While they were driving Marvin was deep in thought and sad.


Line 93) Marvin: Would these girls even offer to help me?


Line 94) Marvin: No. I shouldn’t expect them to. This is something I have to do on my own.


They all got out of the car and entered their apartment. Marvin sat on the couch where he slept last night. Talulla says her aside to Calista.


Talulla

Line 95) I think we should stay back and let him have his space. He needs time to process all of this.


Calista

Line 96) You’re right. I think I’ll hang back though just to assure him. 


Talulla goes to her room. And Calista sits next to the couch beside Marvin.


Calista

Line 97) Hey, so… I know things back there were rough, and I'm really sorry. But, if you look on the bright side when all this gets sorted out you’ll get home without any days wasted.


Marvin glanced at Calista, notably listening to every word she was saying. But he brooded regardless.


Line 98) Marvin: Why is she consoling me? Earlier she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me.

Marvin

Line 99) No need for apologies. This is all my fault.


Calista

Line 100) Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s partially my fault that you ended up here anyways.


Marvin stares at Calista in a confused way.


Calista

Line 101) What’s with that look?


Marvin

Line 102) I’m just shocked you’re speaking with me.


Calista

Line 103) What do you mean by that?


Marvin

Line 104) Earlier you seemed like you hated me.


Calista

Line 105) Sheesh. Don’t you think hate is a strong word?


Marvin

Line 106) If it’s because of the witch thing. Like I said earlier, I’m sorry.


Calista

Line 107) There's no need to be sorry. I was just in a bad mood. I didn’t mean to project my frustrations onto you.


Marvin

Line 108) It’s completely valid for you to do so though.


Calista

Line 109) It’s fine. I’m over it. Let’s just start fresh.


Marvin

Line 110) Alright then. What were you saying earlier?


Calista

Line 111) I was saying that it’s my fault you ended up here.


Marvin

Line 112) You may have catapulted the situation, but the root of the issue falls into my hands.


Calista

Line 113) What do you mean by that?


Marvin

Line 114) You heard the psychic. She said something was missing in my life. And I died before whatever I needed to do was fulfilled. Therefore it’s my fault for being so unaware.


Calista

Line 115) Listen, not everyone in life will pursue everything they need to do. There’s no need to put so much pressure on yourself.


Marvin

Line 116) But it’s the whole reason why I’m here.


Calista

Line 117) But don’t you see that as a blessing in disguise? I would do anything to be brought back to fulfill something I couldn’t do. This is your second chance Marvin. You have my word that Tallula and I will help you through it.


Marvin looked at Calista in an understanding way. But he still felt heavy.


Marvin

Line 118) You don’t have to help me. This is my burden to carry.


Calista

Line 119) It’s the least we could do after bringing you here.


Marvin

Line 120) I don’t want to be a nuisance to you.


Calista

Line 121) Before you got here, Talulla and I got a reading from the teller. She told us that we would have our life-changing moment with someone we never met. And then you came along.


Marvin

Line 122) Okay…?



Calista

Line 123) What I’m trying to get at is that if what’s happened so far is true. Which is hard for me to believe, and I'm still adjusting to knowing everything. Then that means that Talulla and I will experience our life changing moment with you.


Marvin fully glanced at Calista.


Calista

Line 124) That’s why I don’t mind helping you. Afterall you’re a part of our fortune.


Marvin smirks at Calista.


Marvin

Line 125) I appreciate your efforts.


Calista

Line 126) Usually, I don't let fate sway me, but I think all of this was meant to be. Thus, I’ll help you.


Marvin

Line 127) That means a lot. Thanks.


Calista

Line 128) Of course. Anyways, I think that we should come up with a plan for your next step.


They get to talking and browsing what they could do.


Calista’s narration:


Line 129) Since all this magic stuff is real, I feel it in my soul that I am meant to help Marvin.


Line 130) Nothing crazy like this has ever happened in my life.


Line 131) I need to take part in this and help out.


Line 132) Out of everyone this could happen to. It happened to us. 


Line 133) I think that speaks for itself, in terms of meant to be.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing