In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 4

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 4

A Chapter by Yosh

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 4:


April 16 2023. The day is Sunday.


The next day Calista gets woken up early due to a lightning strike (she’s a light sleeper), since she couldn’t go back to bed she decided to get ready while everyone was still asleep. After she gets ready she notices she has extra time to kill so she decides to make breakfast for all of them (out of her usual scheme). Scene starts with Calista waking up around 7:00 AM due to a thunder strike.


Calista’s narration:


Line 1) Dang. That strike scared me awake.


She looks over at Marvin who is still sleeping.


Line 2) He’s still asleep? Could it have been because he knocked himself out?


She looms over him to see if he’s still breathing.


Line 3) Good, he’s still breathing. I’ll just let him wake up on his own.


She looks at her phone to check the time. Time reads: 6:37 a.m. Sunday April 16th 2023.


Line 4) Dang I woke up early. I thought It would be 10 by now.


Line 5) I should check in to see if Talulla’s awake.


She goes over to her room to check up on Talulla. As she creaks it open she sees her body in bed signaling that she is still sleeping.


Line 6) I can’t believe she’s still slumped. But then again it is still early.


Calista goes over to the main hall and looks at herself in the mirror.


Line 7) My hope was that by the time I awoke, none of this would be true.


Line 8) But I guess none of this was a dream after all.


Calista gets flooded with bad thoughts about all that could go wrong in this situation. But she smacks herself awake.


Line 9) This is no time to be overwhelming myself with things I can’t control.


Line 10) I wish I was as nonchalant as Talulla.


Line 11) I think a steamy shower ought to cool me down. It’ll kill plenty of time since there’s no way in hell I’ll be able to go back to sleep.


Calista is out of her shower with her hair wrapped up and wearing a bathrobe. She sits on the couch stumped on what else she could do.


Line 12) Maybe I should make breakfast? It’s so out of the ordinary for me though.


Calista gets up to check her fridge and sees she has eggs.


Line 13) This’ll do the trick.


She gets cooking and finishes off everyone’s plates.


Line 14) I’ll wait until everyone’s awake for us to eat together.


Calista hears groaning and stumbling from the main hall. 


Line 15) What’s that noise?


She goes out to see that the guy is awake and tries to get up on his own but is out of balance due to the faint he had earlier.


Calista

Line 16) Oh my God! Are you okay?


She goes over to try and help him up on the couch.


The guy’s narration:


Line 17) Why’s my vision blurry? Who’s helping me up?


Line 18) It’s probably Todd. Did I crash at his place again?


Line 19) Why would I spend the night though? Did I get that drunk at the dinner party?


The guy remembers what happened yesterday at the girls place. His face resembles his shock.


Guy

Line 20) Hey Todd! Guess what?


Calista is confused about who the guy is talking about.The guy chuckles in nervousness. She tries to interject but he interrupts her statement.


Guy

Line 21) I had a dream that I traveled to the future and met some witches.


The guy rubs his head and laughs, then he rubs his eyelids.


Line 22) Calista: It’s official. We’ve driven him over the edge.


Guy

Line 23) I thought it was real at one point, but I’m so relieved I’m at your place.


After finishing rubbing his eyes. He looks around the room to see that he doesn’t recognize the place.


Line 24) Guy: Wait a minute…This isn’t Todd’s place!


The guy looks over at Calista and stares at her in shock.


Guy

Line 25) T-That… It was all real?!


Calista nods her head in assurance.


The guy stands up frantically and moves away from Calista.


Guy

Line 26) Why didn’t you say anything?! 


Calista

Line 27) I tried to interject, but you cut me off with your ramble. So, I just let you finish.


The guy notices Calista’s attire.


Guy

Line 28) How dare you walk around me wearing that?! It’s utterly inappropriate!


Calista

Line 29) Maybe back in the 60s. But in modern times, this is normal. Plus I’m at home.


Guy

Line 30) Have you no manners? You witch! What have you done to me?!


Calista

Line 31) I’m not a witch. And I haven’t done anything to you.


Calista gets up to go to him, but he keeps backing away.


Calista

Line 32) Just calm down and let me explain the situation.


Guy

Line 33) Why should I trust you? This is all your fault.


Calista

Line 34) Listen, It's complicated. Just let me just explain.


Guy

Line 35) Then you have the audacity to knock me out and loom over me while I sleep!


Calista

Line 36) I didn’t knock you out. You fell on your face because you fainted. And I wasn’t looming over you. I just heard scurrying while I was preparing breakfast and assumed you woke up.


Calista tries pacing to the guy.


Guy

Line 37) Stay away from me, witch!


Calista

Line 38) I told you I’m not a witch. Just hear me out!


She tries to catch him while he runs and that causes her towel to come off her head. He stops and looks at her horridly.


Guy

Line 39) What normal person has blue hair?! HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!


Calista

Line 40) Shhhh! Keep your voice down! My neighbors could hear you!


Guy

Line 41) They should! You’re the one who kidnapped me! HELP! HELP!


Calista rushes over to him to shut his mouth. While he keeps yelling for help. He meets a dead end and she walks over to him.


Calista

Line 42) Look. I’m not going to hurt you. Like I said, I’m not a witch. And I didn’t kidnap you. Just please stop shouting so my neighbors won’t get suspicious.


The guy shakes his head no and Talulla walks over.


Talulla

Line 43) Why the hell are you guys so loud?! What’s going on?!


The guy rushes over to Talulla and tries to reason with her.


Guy

Line 44) Lady please help me. I do not know how I ended up here. But it’s all her fault, and some other girl. Please help me! Call the cops or something!


The guy remembers that it was Talulla who is the other girl.


Line 45) Guy: Wait a minute! She’s the other girl! I remember her pink hair!


He rushes away from her and tries to hide somewhere in the living room. Talulla walks over to Calista to ask for clarification.


Talulla

Line 46) What’s going on?


Calista

Line 47) I think he’s still oblivious to what happened last night.


Talulla

Line 48) Ugh, okay. We just need to give him space. When he notices that we’re harmless. He’ll come to us on his own.


Calista

Line 49) Yeah, I guess you’re right. I made breakfast. So let’s dig in.


They start to eat their breakfast. But the guy still refrains from walking over to them.


Talulla

Line 50) It’s unusual for you to cook. What’s the occasion?


Calista

Line 51) There’s no occasion. I just got up early because of thunder. And I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I made breakfast to kill time.


Calista points to the window to show Talulla the weather. It’s raining pourfusly.


Talulla

Line 52) Dang! It’s pouring out there.


Calista

Line 53) Yep. Anyways what’re we gonna do about the guy?


Talulla

Line 54) I tried looking up some things last night, but I was completely stumped. So, I resorted to the pamphlet, but it only had more affirmations. Nothing to reverse anything though.


Talulla

Line 55) So, besides the pamphlet we have nothing.


Calista puts her hand on her face in frustration.


Calista

Line 56) Ugh, okay. So, what do you think we should do?


Talulla

Line 57) Well… I was thinking that if he cooperates we could do the affirmation ritual again and see if it sends him back. Other than that, our last resort would be to head back to that teller site and tell them our situation. But they might not believe us, so.


Calista

Line 58) This doesn’t seem real.


Talulla

Line 59) Listen, we don’t have time to brood about what’s real or not. Let’s just get this situation handled so that we won’t have to worry about it anymore.


The shot cuts back to Marvin crouching behind a couch listening to their conversation.


Guys narration:


Line 60) I acted quite childish back there.


Line 61) But can they blame me?! I have every right to freak out!


Line 62) But it seems like they’re trying to find a way to help me.


Line 63) Hiding won’t do me any good. I have to face them.


The guy get’s up and walks over to their table.The girls notice.


Talulla

Line 64) Look who’s out of hibernation. I thought we would have to tie you down to get you to cooperate.


Line 65) Calista: Why is she cracking jokes with him?


The guy had a frightened look on his face, not comprehending the fact that what she said was a joke.


Talulla

Line 66) That was a joke. Surely your sense of humor is intact. Or maybe you don’t understand because you’re from another era.


Guy

Line 67) Uh..


Talulla

Line 68) Just sit and eat.


He sits but doesn’t touch his food out of untrust. He hesitates to start a conversation.


Talulla

Line 69) Do you think we poisoned it? For a guy from the 60s you’re quite dramatic, huh?


Line 70) Calista: She’s acting blunt.


Guy

Line 71) It’s just… I’m sorry.


The girls looked at each other in confusion.



Guy

Line 72) I shouldn’t have overreacted back there like that. I sincerely apologize and understand your frustrations with me.


Line 73) Calista: What a turn of events.


Line 74) Talulla: Now he’s making me feel bad for acting so dull.


Talulla

Line 75) Don’t beat yourself up. If anything I should be sorry. You’re here because of me.


Guy

Line 76) Do you ladies, mind explaining to me what happened yesterday. My mind has been so fuzzy lately. 


Talulla

Line 77) For starters, I’m Talulla.


Talulla points at Calista.


Talulla

Line 78) That’s my friend Calista. We tried out this affirmation ceremony from a pamphlet that a clerk from this fortune-telling place gave us yesterday. The next thing you know is that the room gets all windy and some hologramy portal glitchy thing pops you into this time.


The guy looks shocked as Talulla explains.


Talulla

Line 79) That’s pretty much it. Now we’re trying to find ways to send you back. So, later on when you're up for it, let’s try something out. Okay?


Guy

Line 80) A-Alright then.


Line 81) Calista: She’s explaining things to him like he’s some kid.


Talulla

Line 82) So what’s your name?


Guy

Line 83) My name's Marvin.


Talulla

Line 84) Well it’s nice to meet you. Kind of.


Talulla smirks at him in a welcoming way.


Marvin

Line 85) It’s nice to meet the both of you too. Kind of.


Talulla

Line 86) So, do you trust us enough to eat now?


Marvin takes a bite of food and they all finish their breakfast.


Marvin

Line 87) Thank you both for the food. Mind if I wash the dishes? It’s the least I could do after my outburst.


Calista

Line 88) It’s fine I got it.


Calista looks at him in an annoyed tone as she reaches her hand out for the plate. He gives it to her.


Marvin

Line 89) Thank you.


Talulla

Line 90) You should probably wash up. The restrooms unoccupied. 


Line 91) Calista: Why is she offering him that? We should just do the dang ceremony and be over with him.


Marvin

Line 92) I appreciate your offer. But I don’t want to cause a hassle.


Talulla

Line 93) Don’t worry about it. Calista! Do we have things we can lend him to get ready?


Line 94) Calista: Ugh! Why do I have to do everything?!


Calista

Line 95) Give me a sec.


Calista leads Marvin to the restroom and gets him all the things he needs. Includes: new toothbrush, comb, towels, new scrubber, soap, etc. She opens the shower curtain and points to the body soap.


Calista

Line 96) Use that and the scrubber to wash your body. 


She points to the shampoo and conditioner.


Calista

Line 97) Use those to wash your hair.


Calista

Line 98) For the shower, just twist the nozzle to the top and adjust the temperature to your liking.


She turns on the shower. And leads to the sink.


Calista

Line 99) For your teeth, use the toothbrush and toothpaste. That’s it. Don’t make a mess.


Marvin

Line 100) Oh. Um. Thank you very much.


She sets out to exit but he calls out for her.


Marvin

Line 101) Calina, wait.


Line 102) Calista: What did he just call me?


Calista

Line 103) It’s Calista.


Marvin

Line 104) Oh, I’m sorry. I just want you to know that I sincerely apologize for calling you a witch.


Calista

Line 105) Whatever.


Calista leaves.


Marvin

Line 106) She’s definitely still mad at me.


Marvin gets out of his shower and into the main hall.


Talulla

Line 107) I think we should go to my room, since that’s where all of this started.


They nod in assurance and walk into Talulla’s room.


Talulla

Line 108) Alright, so basically we’re gonna do the same affirmation as we did before and see if that’ll send you back.


Marvin

Line 109) Before we start, if I may say. I appreciate you both for your efforts. If this is the last time we see each other, I wish you all the best in your lives.



Line 110) Calista: Let’s just get this over with


Talulla

Line 111) Thank you for that. But let’s not get our hopes up yet.


Talulla

Line 112) Anyways, stand here Marvin, and you sit here Calista. We have to replicate the ceremony the same way we did yesterday.

They moved into their spots.


Talulla

Line 113) Okay Marvin just stand there and close your eyes. Me and Calista will initiate the ceremony.


Talulla

Line 114) Do you remember the affirmation?


Calista

Line 115) Yeah. On the count of 3 start saying it. 1, 2, 3…


Talulla and Calista

Line 116) “Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course.”


Marvin shut his eyes in thought that hopefully the ceremony would work.


Line 117) Marvin: Please let this work.


 After they finished they all open their eyes. Marvin is heavily confused. 


Marvin

Line 118) Is something supposed to happen?


Talulla

Line 119) Give it a sec. It didn’t work automatically last time.


A couple seconds go by.


Calista

Line 120) Let’s just try again. On the count of 3. 1,2,3…


Marvin shut his eyes again. This time very desperately wishing for the spell to work.


Line 121) Marvin: Come on! Work d****t!



Talulla and Calista

Line 122) “Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course. Let time take its course.”


They all open their eyes again, to see nothing happen. Without questioning the situation they all wait a bit in awkward silence to see if anything had occurred. But nothing happened.


Talulla

Line 123) Alright so that didn’t work. But don’t lose hope yet. We can still try the other affirmations in the pamphlet.


Calista rolls her eyes in frustration.


Line 124) Calista: What a pain.


After they tried every affirmation in the pamphlet and waited after they did the ceremony, nothing worked.


Talulla

Line 125) So… That was the last affirmation in the pamphlet.


Marvin looks defeated. 


Line 126) Marvin: It’s hopeless.


Calista

Line 127) It’s useless Tal. Let’s just go to the fortune telling place.



Talulla

Line 128) Ugh! But what if they don’t believe us?


Calista

Line 129) It’s our only resort. Let’s just give it a try.


Talulla

Line 130) Ugh, it’s gonna be so embarrassing.


Calista

Line 131) It’ll be fine. I’ll do the talking. Let’s just go!


Line 132) Calista: Since when did she care about being embarrassed?


Marvin

Line 133) I beg you Talulla, let’s go. It’s our only hope


Talulla

Line 134) Okay, okay!


Line 135) Talulla’s mumble: Making me look like a goof.


End of scene.



© 2024 Yosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing