Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by yourz4ever

“Sweetheart! I have a great news for you!” Mom exclaimed when I opened my house door. I looked at her as I was taking off my shoes. My Husky dog, Hunter ran around me, like a usual greeting. I petted him smiling. I looked at Mom again.She was sitting at the living room with a man that she never met before. My mom was unusually dressed nice and she had a little makeup on. The man was in a nice suit and he was pleasantly smiling to her. I walked toward them slowly, not realising what was going on here. The man stood up and put his right hand to shook my hands with me,
“You must be Isabella.” He smiled.
“Just call me Isabel.Who are you?” I smiled shaking hands with him.
“I’m Shane.I am one of your mom’s co workers.” He introduced himself.
“Nice to meet you.” I politely smiled again and turned to Mom,
“So, what’s the good news here?” I asked.
“I am getting a full time job!!!!” Mom exclaimed, smiling huge.
“Wow, Mom. Congratulation!”
“Thank you. Finally I get a full time job to feed my family.” She exaggerated. I rolled my eyes.
“I can’t believe I forgot to ask. How was the first day of school?”
“Great. I have this-” I stopped as I looked at Shane, “I will tell you at dinner. You guys talk about your full job thing first. I will be in my room, doing homework.” I smiled and grabbed my backpack. I walked upstairs to my room. Hunter followed me like usual wagging his tail.
    My room was at the end at the right. I swung the door that said Knock before you come in.
I threw my backpack at my bed. Hunter laid down on his bed that was next to my bean bags. I lazily got dressed in my normal clothes that I wear in my house. A loose shirt and a short basketball pants.
    I opened my homework for Geometry in my desk and looked at my planner.
English: Just write a short letter to me.
History: The worksheet
Math: page 5-7 odd only
Science: None
    Geometry homework today was what we learned in 7th grade, just reviewing. I finished that in about ten minutes and started to work on my history worksheet. I wrote my answer down neat as I can.

1: why was New Orleans important to the United States?
New Orleans was important because if they owned it, then they would be able to ship goods up and down the Mississippi river without having to pay the Spanish for going through the Mississippi River mouth. (New Orleans is on the shores of the Mississippi by place it meets the Atlantic Ocean).

2: what was the significance of the Louisiana Purchase?
The Louisiana Purchase greatly increased the size of the United States and allowed Americans to move further west (in the future, it will be thought of as America's "destiny" to expand westward to the Pacific Ocean). It also gave them more of a claim on Oregon Country, which was still being disputed.
I started on my English assignment. I wrote this on top of my head, knowing I won’t get a good grade on this.

  Dear Ms, Smith,
Hello, my name is Isabella Nightingale but you can just call me Isabel. I was born on July 6, 1999 in this town. I am the middle child. I have an older brother who is now in 11th grade and a younger  sister who is in kindergarten. I love playing sports such as basketball, swimming, baseball, and tennis. I also love to read and explore in the forest. I have a best friend name Elizabeth (she is also in your class too.) I have a pet dog name Hunter. I play the violin, piano, and cello. My favorite singer is Taylor Swift.. I hope to get along with you this year.
                                    
                                Sincerely,
                          Isabella Nightingale

I sighed and put in my English folder. I shoved my binder in my blue Jansport backpack and turned on my computer. I checked my mail and went on Facebook to hang around. After that I took a shower like usual. The hot water relaxed my muscle and my bathroom was full of hot steam. My phone rang from a text after I just got out from my bathroom. I checked it and it was from my irresponsible older brother, Tyler. He became so mean and arrogant since he started high school. He would always come home at like 6 o’clock, right before dinner starts. The text said
I will be coming back a little late today, tell Mom.
I breathe out angrily and went downstairs.
“Mom!” I said.
“What is it?”
I looked at Shane and changed my tone,
“I am sorry to interrupt but Tyler texted me right now that he will be kind of late today.” I told her.
“Oh no, tell him to come back right now soon as possible! Shane is buying us dinner today! Thank you Shane.” Mom turned around and smiled.
“Any time.” He smiled back.
“Oh okay.” I looked at the digital clock that was on top of a desk,
“Should I pick up Ashley from her ballet class? Tyler was suppose to pick her up but I don’t think he is.” I asked.
“Thank you so much! Try to pick up Tyler too on your way.” Mom replied.
“No problem.” I smiled as I walked out the door.

     We lived on a two story house in the neighborhood. My neighborhood was pretty safe so my mom lets me walk around by myself except at night. Ashley, my little sister takes a ballet class everyday. They pick her up from school.  
    I headed to a building that said The Ballet Academy. Kind of a dumb name if you ask me.
Ashley was sitting at the lobby, staring at the floor. She still had her two braids in her brown hair that I did for her this morning.
“Hey, what’s up, Ash? I am so sorry I am late!”


© 2013 yourz4ever


Author's Note

yourz4ever
Please ignore the spelling errors or grammar mistake!
No rude comments and I take suggestions~~~
Thank you for reading
-Yourz4ever

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Great introduction to characters and imagery. I can clearly imagine the family and the house, and I love the main character's attitude. Well written and well begun, I'm intruiged for the next chapter.
My only suggestions would be to work on the formatting, the color switches from grey and black a couple times where I'm not sure you wanted it, and the font of the writing also goes through a few phases. Also you go back and forth from indenting the first line ina paragraph and not indenting. Writer's Cafe can really be a pain to do formatting on in their writing box, but having the indents makes it look neater.
This is truly a great beginning and I am now moving on to the second chapter.
Great job! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! Great introduction to characters and imagery. I can clearly imagine the family and the house, and I love the main character's attitude. Well written and well begun, I'm intruiged for the next chapter.
My only suggestions would be to work on the formatting, the color switches from grey and black a couple times where I'm not sure you wanted it, and the font of the writing also goes through a few phases. Also you go back and forth from indenting the first line ina paragraph and not indenting. Writer's Cafe can really be a pain to do formatting on in their writing box, but having the indents makes it look neater.
This is truly a great beginning and I am now moving on to the second chapter.
Great job! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: realistic fiction


Author

yourz4ever
yourz4ever

About
Hey! Just a little things about myself. I am a Korean tomboy who loves to watch anime and read manga~~~ I also love to write and read. My favorite sports are basketball, swimming, ice-skating, and .. more..

Writing
At school At school

A Chapter by yourz4ever